• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

England vs Italy : Euro 2020 Final. 20.00 BST London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad thing is Saka was prob firing practice pens in the same spot but because Pickford is so short they looked like worldies :D

Sigh. I was commenting on how people class him as a senior player. Absolutely nothing to do with taking penalties.

I knew the talk about grealish shitting out of the penalties was nonsense just from seeing him speaking to Southgate in the pre penalty huddle. He was nodding and saying yes enthusiastically to the manager, not really ‘i don’t fancy this’ body language.

They should add pressure when they're practicing penalties so they know who can handle it. Some kind of contraption that involves unleashing a polar bear.

Also play death metal music with a voice reading tweets directed to the last guy who missed a penalty in a tournament.

I’m not on about penalties. I’m on about classing him as a senior player. If we signed him, would he be classed as a senior player? Would he shite.

The comment about being a senior player is entirely on the context of the 11 available penalty takers on the pitch at that time.

He had more experience of pressure than Saka and Sancho that's for sure.

The comment about being a senior player is entirely on the context of the 11 available penalty takers on the pitch at that time.

This. How many on the pitch have ever won anything of note? I think the five penalty takers had whatever bullshit league cups Rashford has won between them.

IMG-20210712-WA0009.jpg

England basically played like spurs under Mourinho in this tournament. In pieces they looked quite good because they had some decent attacking talent and many of the pieces of a good side. Kane was willing to drop very deep to help. Eventually though, you're going to actually need a balanced team with a midfield that can go forward by pressing and winning the ball, or by passing. England couldn't do the former for 90 and it could do the latter other than in spots. I think if england weren't playing at home or the quality of opposition was a little higher in this tournament, england wouldnt have got everyone's hopes up.

If I were an england supporter I would have been livid with Southgate, but not for the penalties. That man just doesn't have it.

Shaw and Sterling should’ve been ahead of those 2 and Grealish. Both are more senior than all 3.

He also scored in the game. Maguire is also a defender.

Out of interest I had a look at the stats. Sancho has more top flight games, more goals, more champions league games, more international appearances and goals than Grealish. I think it is justified for him being ahead of Grealish.

I wanted to give Saka a hug. Felt really bad for Rashford, seems like a good fella. Don't know much about Sancho, but never nice for the individual. Was a bit conflicted. Would've been better for Kane and Maguire to miss, and Pickford to let all the penalties in. But again, a sacrifice was necessary...

England basically played like spurs under Mourinho in this tournament. In pieces they looked quite good because they had some decent attacking talent and many of the pieces of a good side. Kane was willing to drop very deep to help. Eventually though, you're going to actually need a balanced team with a midfield that can go forward by pressing and winning the ball, or by passing. England couldn't do the former for 90 and it could do the latter other than in spots. I think if england weren't playing at home or the quality of opposition was a little higher in this tournament, england wouldnt have got everyone's hopes up.

If I were an england supporter I would have been livid with Southgate, but not for the penalties. That man just doesn't have it.

Worst subs since the Kursk. I'd be going off my head if I was an England fan but they all think he can do no wrong

Let’s just be thankful this shitshow of a season is over, so we can move on to next season’s shitshow.

Was a great tournament, that. Lovely ending, too. (Discounting Rashford, Sancho and Saka)

Kane's lack of pressing is another reason I don't think he is as good as a #9 as people say. There were moments in the latter parts of the 90, and in extra time where Italy were in cruise control with possession. You could see Sterling & Hendo wanting to go and press but they couldn't as a press is useless if the focal point of your attack isn't doing it.

Sitting deep whilst also not putting enough pressure on the ball is criminal at the top level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom