• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

England vs Italy : Euro 2020 Final. 20.00 BST London

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm annoyed, TBH. Italy deserved the win, but the game was there for the taking. As soon as Mancini figured our our set up and responded to the goal, we just had no answer to it.

Even then there were opportunities in extra-time to regroup, put fast, fresh legs on and really stretch that tiring old Italian backline. We didn't. We played for penalties against a side with a better keeper, and then picked the wrong players to take them. It's just dumb.

Southgate has had a very charmed life as an England Manager. He's done a decent job, but people shouldn't get carried away. He has no real experience to hold the job on merit and up against Mancini, and a tactically astute football side, it was revealed to the world.

If we had been in the other half of the draw we would have been knocked out early doors and people would be demanding his resignation.

Lots of England fans are cunts, so I'm happy they're miserable, but I would like to see England win something in my life-time and that was a missed opportunity.

'A large number of ticketless fans' managed to watch the match yesterday, with stewards refusing to move some who had sat in seats with ticket holders.

Those ticketed fans affected had to watch in either other seats, or on the aisles.

Utter utter disgrace from the Police and Stewards here. The stewards should have informed Security/Police and those fans should have been thrown out. Whoever was in charge of each should be sacked.

'A large number of ticketless fans' managed to watch the match yesterday, with stewards refusing to move some who had sat in seats with ticket holders.

Those ticketed fans affected had to watch in either other seats, or on the aisles.

Utter utter disgrace from the Police and Stewards here. The stewards should have informed Security/Police and those fans should have been thrown out. Whoever was in charge of each should be sacked.

I'm guessing it's pretty difficult once people are already in the ground. They also wouldn't want to make a scene of evicting large numbers from the ground in front of the cameras. They had already put some bullshit out saying it was a few minor amount of people.

The bigger issue is how they got in in the first place. A few guards a mental barriers was naïve at the best of times. Imagine if terrorists had attacked. Tens of thousands could have easily been killed last night.

Also - loved Jermaine Jenas pearl of wisdom at the start of the second half of extra time. "This is a big 15 minutes".

I'm guessing it's pretty difficult once people are already in the ground. They also wouldn't want to make a scene of evicting large numbers from the ground in front of the cameras. They had already put some bullshit out saying it was a few minor amount of people.

The bigger issue is how they got in in the first place. A few guards a mental barriers was naïve at the best of times. Imagine if terrorists had attacked. Tens of thousands could have easily been killed last night.

Agreed - however, if a ticketed fan said "hey you are in my seat!", the fans refused to move, you'd expect security to get involved, check the tickets and throw the identified ticketless fans out.

I say fans, in reality pricks.

And this morning we'd be hearing about the tragic rise in islamaphobia.

Agreed - however, if a ticketed fan said "hey you are in my seat!", the fans refused to move, you'd expect security to get involved, check the tickets and throw the identified ticketless fans out.

I say fans, in reality pricks.

Except if there are several dozen pricks in a large cluster of seats, the steward can't do anything but call security, security can't do anything but call the cops, the cops are busy getting pelted outside the stadium. The FA as usual are to blame for being thick idiots who have no plan and no idea.

Yeah @Hass , you missed a great opportunity last night
I know but then who'd post all the Athletic articles on the forum? I'm honestly surprised some dickhead in a rented Hyundai Tucson didn't plough into hundreds of the cunts last night. It's like they only think pop concerts are the go to social events to target

kwrtfv8onna71.jpg

I know but then who'd post all the Athletic articles on the forum? I'm honestly surprised some dickhead in a rented Hyundai Tucson didn't plough into hundreds of the cunts last night. It's like they only think pop concerts are the go to social events to target

Get a hummer down XR next time. Stretch one with a hen party inside. Mowing down white dreads waving a massive inflatable cock out the window.

AC Milan left most of theirs in an Istanbul dressing room.

I can understand Andrea Pirlo, Schevchenko, Kaka, Crespo, Paulo Maldini thinking a silver medal is an insult around their neck. It is arrogant but I can rationalize it. Completely different ball game if Sam Johstone, 28 year old who has played 1 year in the premier league, thinks that the first medal the country has won in over 50 years is beneath his dignity to wear it around his neck.

Sigh. I was commenting on how people class him as a senior player. Absolutely nothing to do with taking penalties.
And in this debate everyone is specifically talking classing players seniority in relation to penalties. Clearly as we are talking about the idiocy of having Saka take one nevermind the fifth one. He’s never taken one before. Doubt he will want to again anytime soon. His golf swing is better!

He also scored in the game. Maguire is also a defender.

Out of interest I had a look at the stats. Sancho has more top flight games, more goals, more champions league games, more international appearances and goals than Grealish. I think it is justified for him being ahead of Grealish.
Not when you get brought on for 30 secs to literally only contribute a peno. Talk about added pressure. It was just terrible decision making all round.

He got to a semi and then a final. He's done well. We can argue the toss over some of his decisions, but he's done better than any England manager in my lifetime. He's hardly a coward when he made tough decisions to sub subs, to play two unfashionable central midfielders throughout the entire tournament, to opt for different systems successfully. There's no cowardice to it, other than he probably should have made changes earlier in the game yesterday to wrestle control back and take the game to Italy. He got two games wrong in the entire campaign arguably, and one at the peak of the pressure and against one of the best footballing nations out there.

And I'm hardly a Southgate fan, but I'm not going to go with the coward tack one bit, he's made some ballsy decisions that bigger names have shirked.
I thought I made it clear. IMHO he's a coward because he reverted to 5-2-3 after starting 4-2-1-3 all tournament. Very negative, it's obvious we'd end up with 5 at the back and two defensive midfielders surrendering possession. I said as much in the opening post.
He actually went on to defend himself against this accusation later.

I knew the talk about grealish shitting out of the penalties was nonsense just from seeing him speaking to Southgate in the pre penalty huddle. He was nodding and saying yes enthusiastically to the manager, not really ‘i don’t fancy this’ body language.
Yep. I pointed this out but some people didn't want to hear / believe it. Just watching a rerun would have shown this. It wasn't an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom