• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

England Vs South Africa - Cricket Tour 2012

Not denying all of that. ECB should terminate his central contract, because he is in breach of agreement. Not shaft him like this especially when he is a victim in the case..

He is a difficult character, and i'm probably being extremely kind there, but i don't know how all the other involved parties come out of this any better than Pietersen. They have houded him out...because they couldn't get along. I expected these things to happen in my grade school team...not when you are playing for your country. If the guy is a dickhead then you need to suck it up and get on with it.

Broad it seems is close mates to the guy who ran the parody account, and one of the first guys to follow the parody account. Broad is t20 Captain to top it off....

How come no body is questioning Broad and Swann for being disruptive to the dressing room chemistry? Why must he sign a letter saying he didn't send the message?Were Broad and Swann asked to do the same?

They had this kind of cliques singling out a player and the board siding with the said clique in Pakistan cricket and look where that has got them to?

Kevin Pietersen admitted sending 'provocative texts' and has apologised to Andrew Strauss and England team, says ECB

England batsman Kevin Pietersen has apologised for sending "provocative" text messages to South African players but ECB officials said it was too soon to say if he would be recalled to the side.

pietr_2310668b.jpg

Decision tmie: Kevin Pietersen has apologised to Andrew Strauss and his England team-mates Photo: GETTY IMAGES

By Telegraph Sport

Last weekend, Pietersen was dramatically dropped from England's squad for this week's third and final Test at Lord's, despite scoring a superb 149 at Headingley, after failing to reveal the contents of those text messages.
South Africa-born Pietersen, in an England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) statement, admitted: "I did send what you might call provocative texts to my close friends in the SA team. The texts were meant as banter between close friends. I need to rein myself in sometimes.
"I apologise to Straussy (England captain Andrew Strauss) and the team for the inappropriate remarks at the press conference and for the texts.
"I truly didn't mean to cause upset or tension particularly with important games at stake."
England managing director Hugh Morris said: "We are in receipt of Kevin's apology but further discussions need to take place to establish whether it is possible to regain the trust and mutual respect required to ensure all parties are able to focus on playing cricket and to maintain the unity of purpose that has served us so well in recent years.

"Critically, those discussions should take place behind closed doors, rather than in the media spotlight.
"A successful conclusion to this process is in everyone's best interests and is required for Kevin Pietersen's potential selection in all forms of the game to be considered."
Morris said they were now focusing on the match and would not make any further comment "until such time as is appropriate".
England go into the match 1-0 down in the three-match series, with the hosts' world number one Test ranking at stake.

Broad it seems is close mates to the guy who ran the parody account, and one of the first guys to follow the parody account. Broad is t20 Captain to top it off....

How come no body is questioning Broad and Swann for being disruptive to the dressing room chemistry? Why must he sign a letter saying he didn't send the message?Were Broad and Swann asked to do the same?

They had this kind of cliques singling out a player and the board siding with the said clique in Pakistan cricket and look where that has got them to?

It does seem to be one rule for one and one rule for another policy mate.

Nothing was said when Swann slagged off a load of past and present England internationals in his recent book.

Does anyone know what he said exactly? I wonder if the SA lads leaked them to knock him out of the test?

Nobody knows exactly, but one story I heard was that he tweeted Dale Steyn something to the effect that he hoped Steyn would get Strauss out in the forthcoming test match.

Ha...the precious fuckers...if it is indeed true!

Swann has continued to slag Pietersen in the media. You can write a book and insult players, you can write a newspaper column and insult player, you can even start twitter account with a proxy friend to insult players.....but if you send a bloody text message, you must apologise in public and be prepared to be dropped.

I think Swann is a grade A prick. It will only be a matter of time when the heat is on him....lets see how it goes then.

It seems to me that there is lot of jealousy over the fact that KP is capable of earning megabucks in the IPL and there are no other England players currently can say the same.

Much as KP is a bit silly and loves himself, he's also an amazing player. He should tell them to stick it up their arses.

The third test will likely prove if team harmony is better than having a disruptive best player.
I'm betting that SA must be as happy as can be over this upheaval.

Me too - But I'm hoping Bairstow can do some good in this test. The weight of expectation seems a little too much though.

You can't expect foreigners who just move house to play for a new Country to have that much allegiance.

Residence rules in any sport are bollocks, completely devalue competition and should be banned. Proven.

England are getting some breaks here (Petersen and Kallis are out off gloves) - 54/4 with Finn taking 3. The result is already in England's hands. Win by an inning? Portly is betting on SA at day's end!

Looking good. Kallis was a bit unlucky I reckon. His glove wasn't on the bat. He's my favourite non England player as well.

Portly is betting on SA at day's end!

It's true that it's a strategy of mine to bet on the team that does badly in the first session, because the odds are good, even though there are another 14 sessions to go and things can change completely. However in this case I'm not risking it because we are having some lousy weather and the chances of a draw are pretty high IMO. :)

AB gone...

I thought about this for a while. I think Amla, Kallis and AB would all get into the England line up easily. Kallis is on his last legs though....im gonna miss the fat fucker. He puts so much shoulder in his bowling, i'm amazed his hand hasn't come of it's socket yet!

Gotta hope for rain but I can say Philander and Steyn having big days (after we're bowled out, not with the bat obviously)

You win the toss and elect to bat, you must do a damn sight better than this.

I hope Saffers don't rue this missed opportunity.

The wicket ain't all that bad. It's good bowling...mainly. England are up for this.

I think Smith missed a trick by not putting England to bat....ya traditionally you win toss and bat at Lords. But England just went through major drama in their batting line up, and anywhere in England you get some assistance in the first day morning. They could have put the Poms under intense pressure to see if they cracked.

These two batsman have pulled it back a little for SA. Sun is out and the track looks good. We are now at tea. Just sitting here and listening to Aggers interview Alice Cooper :D

What a brilliant comeback so far from the SA batsmen. Philander has been great, JP & Rudolph too. Get another 50-70 runs if possible and that should give us a chance to win the series.

Really good day for England. Jimmy bowled beautifully. That said good fight back from Saffers.

Englands favs but a good day for Seth Afreka tomorrow and it sets up a great weekend at Lords.

Viva la sunshine

Yep hats off the SA. You have to say that was a hell of a fightback. All to play for.

Back
Top Bottom