• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

England Vs South Africa - Cricket Tour 2012

Dog walked - Check
Jug of sangria cooling in the fridge- Check
House to myself for the day - Check
Sun lounger set up - Check
Radio ready to go - Check

See you all later
Liking your sangria vibe. *pops to shops*

Swann's LBW dismissal is reversed on appeal to the third umpire! :) Ball going over the stumps.

But poor Bairstow is bowled for 95! :(

That 30-run deficit is looking quite likely.

Awww that's a shame for Bairstow. Looks like my prediction might come true (sadly)

This is really good cricket. What a cracking game. I love it when Swanny bats well. He used to open for his county so he does have talent with the bat.

Amla's gone. Hopefully JP and AB can hold fort and add 100-150 runs to the total. If I'm Smith, I bat out no matter how long it takes.

350 is a tough target but it's still doable... But if it approaches 400 I think Saffers have the series.

I would have expected Swann to be more effective on a fourth day wicket. I think the shelf life of a finger spinner is usually the first 150 or 200 wickets, after that batsmen just learn how to play them. Only the truly outstanding like Murali can outlast.

Saqlain was outstanding for a while... So was Hatbhajan Singh, but they simply couldn't evolve further when batsmen adopted...

I have ever a feeling Swann is going down the same route....

2-0 it is then.

Not so sure - I know Julian will say, "It's Gary Kirsten," but this team is still notorious for choking. I wonder if England can't win this but still have wicked, will they play for the draw? Is it of any worth to them?

On related news, SA's u19 team knocked England's u19 team out of the ICC u19 world cup.

I saw some of that wiz and it's been of a very decent standard. Englands opening bowlers were both bowling at around 88mph (which is bloody quick for players of their ages).

If a certain KP was still to come in i might have given us an outside chance, but i suspect we'll get rolled over for 200/250 tomorrow.

Yah I was very impressed with all these kids tbh - The two twins on England look impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if that young wickie and opener will be with the big boys in 2-3 years. Great name too - The Cock!

Did you see KP today?!!? 1 ball, you're out.

Yeah i read that that was the second time Dawson (?) has got him out first ball (great delivery as well).

There seemed to be a load of the youngsters who looked really impressive from the small amount of what i've seen. India look like they've got a couple of very promising spinners on their hands.

Yah - considering how SA's big batters are either at the tail end of their career (Kallis), or nearing that stage (Smith, Amla etc), I hope they can integrate some of these kids. Some of them really look gifted. Oh well, something to look forward to.

I saw some of that wiz and it's been of a very decent standard. Englands opening bowlers were both bowling at around 88mph (which is bloody quick for players of their ages).

If a certain KP was still to come in i might have given us an outside chance, but i suspect we'll get rolled over for 200/250 tomorrow.

Topley looks like he can displace Broad from the team with ease. Left armer too...

Not so sure - I know Julian will say, "It's Gary Kirsten,"

It is not all down to him. For example, Saffers are well capable of dishing out the kinda of performance at Oval against any team. They were capable of it before, they can do it now. But the fight back and plucky nature of their performance in this Test...it's a special feature of a Gary Kirsten's side. You only need to see how India performed in South Africa under Kirsten to see what i'm saying.

Bairstow is playing really well ... 40+ off some 30 balls ... 109-4 ... England are really not out of this at all.

I don't think so...SA were attacking. The ball was still reasonably hard....it was easy to score.

It won't be that easy as the ball approaches 50 over mark, and SA change tack a bit for a shortwhile.

If i was Smith, i'd set defensive fields for a bit, and then attack again and look for reverse after 60 over mark.

I'm at the ground. Very enjoyable cricket! Fair play to England. They've come out swinging. Next session is crucial but really they are pretty screwed.

I agree that England have the right approach. It is better to go down fighting than be slowly winkled out one by one, creating tremendous tedium for the spectators. And of course it's a funny old game. If they keep up the run rate, they could still win it - although I won't be investing any money in that proposition. :D

Back
Top Bottom