• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Enrique the enigma...

Status
Not open for further replies.

juniormember

Well-Known
I can't get a grip on what he actually is. A talented but inconsistent player or just a bulked up athlete with luck?
He can give the most sublime passes, yet give the ball away cheaply with telegraphed passes or straight to an opponent.

He can make a wonderful run into space down the wing but put in a shite cross, yet also ping in great ones when you don't expect it.

He can get out of tight situations, yet other times do his trademark 360 degree oil tanker move and give the ball away to the player he started turning away from in the first place.

He can get turned and breezed past by wingers, yet somehow manages to get ahead of them and block them with his strength.

One thing that isn't in question is his workrate, particularly today. One minute he'll have forced a goal kick on our end, yet the next moment during our counter from the right, he'll have positioned himself right in the penalty to receive a cross or to draw defenders away from Suarez.

I can't figure him out but all I know is he made a huge difference to the team today with his presence as a winger.
Didn't imagine I'd see him playing for us again only a few weeks ago.
So well done Jose!

Started his career with us brilliantly but has been a liability for much longer. Has had two good games on the bounce. Hope it continues but I'm not convinced by him.

He's done OK overall and still is one of Kenny's better purchases.

He's been brilliant the last 2 games. It probably helps him playing in a team with confidence not getting thrashed every week

I think its just his form has been bad this season and we are now witnessing an improvement - so I don't think he is a bad player.

He was playing with an injury at the start of this season. I don't know what his excuse was last season. But at least he's improving now.

He was playing with an injury at the start of this season. I don't know what his excuse was last season. But at least he's improving now.

What are you talking about ? last season everyone here was saying he was the best deal of the season and he really did play well for most of it.

The thing with Glen is working well, if Glen Bombs forward Jose tucks in and covers, and Jose overlaps for Glen, it shouldn't really work , but it does

The thing with Glen is working well, if Glen Bombs forward Jose tucks in and covers, and Jose overlaps for Glen, it shouldn't really work , but it does
Chelsea used to have decent success with a similar system (well an FA Cup win anyway). Babayaro and Le Saux used to do a similar thing despite both of them being primarily left backs

I'm just curious if Suarez was trying to make a European Cup out of him tearing his ears like that during the goal celebration. Think Enrique dedicated the goal to his newborn (or newborn-to-be?).

I have never seen a man shield the ball with more vigor. He loves that shit.

Jan Molby & Kenny did it with aplomb, they not only managed to use their arse to shield the ball, they often used the impoteus from the opposition player to their advantage.

Enrique was good yesterday, it he continues to play like that with Johnson we need to consider a rb.

However, whether that pairing would work against a side more accomplished than Wigan is not a given, so I'm not gonna be going overboard yet.

I'm far from convinced.

Using your strength and speed to win the ball back is great but not losing it in the first place is even better. He just seems to pick and choose when he wants to have awareness of his team-mates around him or when to try and beat a player (or two) for no real reason first before passing.

The odd game but not that many - most of the time in that 2nd part of the season EVERYONE was shit.

We'll have to disagree mate, I thought his form dropped alarmingly and didn't recover. It was as though his batteries were going flat.

We'll have to disagree mate, I thought his form dropped alarmingly and didn't recover. It was as though his batteries were going flat.

And you'd be right. He was magnificent until December then went to absolute arse

He's as strong as a bull. That shielding of the ball from Kone in the 49th minute was top class.

It's not just two games... He was boss against Everton And Newcastle and he provided the best attacking balls in both those matches which is probably why he got played so advanced yesterday. He's one of the few players in the side that seems to recall that scoring goals is more important than titting about. His form has been shit but the stats he had at Newcastle made him the best left back in the league, he had better tackling and tracking stats than Cole. It looks like he's back to his best. Hope so, because when he plays well he's a beast.

He's playing much better. Don't agree he was boss against Everton - I though he was shite that game - and he's been prone to some stupid basic mistakes for a long long while now. That said, last couple of games have been much better performance but two game signifies nothing for me - we need performances in the next 5 at least. Still, really encouraging to see cos it was a complete mystery how he went from bloody decent player to hopeless almost overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom