• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Enter Shaqiri (Done Deal!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be worried about his mentality/ego if he is resigned to the bench, and the impact he would have on the development of Solanke/Wilson/Woodburn if he steals their playing minutes, HOWEVER he is a potential match winner who I think is a good addition to our attack for the fee.

Yeah, fair enough. You'd be happier seeing Shaqiri coming off the bench than Solanke or Woodburn, but it's hard to see him getting games ahead of Mane or Salah, because they're both miles better than him.

So he'll have to be happy being a reserve, unless Klopp's got some mad ideas about the attacking midfield options centrally, with Coutinho gone, the Fekir deal collapsing and Chamberlain injured.

Who's got the matchbox full of tiny flags?

Oncey?
Nope, used em to construct a bong last summer.

Decent squad signing at a very very good price.
If nothing else he can give the Manes and Salahs of the world a rest once in a while.

Pretty sure Klopp can work his magic on him....

He's a steady player, not a world beater but defo a useful squad player who could take over the Milner mantle in years to come I reckon.

Pearce saying its imminent.

Just hope this isn't Klopps - Diouf moment.

Diouf was bought as a first-choice number 9 striker. There may be some concerns about disruption or personality, but Shaqiri can't be anywhere near as toxic as that cunt Diouf, nor is he going to be relied upon to play as much.

Pearce saying its imminent.

Just hope this isn't Klopps - Diouf moment.
I don't think it is comparable. Diof was brought in as our flagship signing, our new CF as we passed on Anelka. If this crashes, it isn't on the scale of a Diof moment or even a Balotelli moment.

A cunning get out clause.

Not really. I support every LFC signing when they first arrive and I won't turn against them overnight if their form takes a wobble, but if things don't then straighten themselves out after the player's had a fair go I reserve the right to come to the view that enough's enough.

Not really. I support every LFC signing when they first arrive and I won't turn against them overnight if their form takes a wobble, but if things don't then straighten themselves out after the player's had a fair go I reserve the right to come to the view that enough's enough.

Innocent until I think you're guilty....

There's a difference here you're not spotting, JJ didn't want Shaqiri but will support him now he's here. As opposed to say, making his mind up about someone before they sign and then making it his life mission to see that player fail and to champion every bad game that player has.

Like only a sad little twat would.
Like how I didn't want Henderson, supported him for a year and then found a reason to not support him anymore?

Innocent until I think you're guilty....

What would be your approach instead? Write a bloke off before he's even started, like Modo with Carra/Henderson/Lallana, or insist somebody's brilliant even when he's proved otherwise, like RAWK with Lucas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom