• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Euro 2012 - Day 3 - Spain/Italy & Ireland/Croatia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very enjoyable game.
I wouldn't expect as much from the next game if I were you folks

Probably a fair result overall. Spain were all posession but Italy had their moments and had a few good chances themselves. Both top sides not really at their best.

Enjoyed that. Draw was fair all things considered. Was not expecting too much from Italy but they played a good game.

This just in, from Facebook:

I have good news and bad news Irishers. First off Molly suggested neither team would win and we would have a draw.
She then changed to say.....

CROATIA!!

Oncy may have to go into some form of witness protection-type deal.

AvC-IbvCQAAtihv.jpg:large

from the last two games i saw i would have gone with either walters or long ahead of doyle but the trap doesn't like to change much i believe.

This just in, from Facebook:

I have good news and bad news Irishers. First off Molly suggested neither team would win and we would have a draw.
She then changed to say.....

CROATIA!!

Oncy may have to go into some form of witness protection-type deal.

She picked the Spanish to win!

The way Buffon read Torres's movement for that tackle was fantastic. Pretty much all other keepers would have either dove at the feet (penalty) or just stood their ground. Buffon was already moving sideways before Torres did!
He saved Italy tonight.

Having said that, the Torres of the Liverpool era would have scored two goals easily.

The way Buffon read Torres's movement for that tackle was fantastic. Pretty much all other keepers would have either dove at the feet (penalty) or just stood their ground. Buffon was already moving sideways before Torres did!
He saved Italy tonight.

Having said that, the Torres of the Liverpool era would have scored two goals easily.
yep i agree, it wasnt all down to torres being shit, great anticipation

I like the fact the numbering of the Irish shirts is old school 1-11 and all in the right places as well.

Former Republic of Ireland captain and manager Steve Staunton, who made 102 appearances for his country, gives Sport360° his verdict on the Emerald Isle's chances at Euro 2012. Here is what he had to say...

We might be able to go on and win it if we get perfect start. It will be very beneficial for Ireland to have an old squad in these finals. I think we’ve got good experience in the right positions, and we’ve got some good young players coming through that can win a game for us.

We’ve got plenty of legs, ability and creativity, and what I like about this team is, if we have to hang on to get a result, we can. But we have a very tough group.

The feeling I’m getting amongst Irish people is, “we’ll beat Italy and get through.” But unfortunately there’s the small problem of Croatia who have wonderfully talented players and I think that’s going to be make or break. If we lose to Croatia, we’ve no chance.

If we end up going into a cup final situation against Italy, I’d fancy us strongly. There’s even been some talk back home of Ireland doing a Greece, and winning the tournament.

As we always say, first you get out of the group, and then it’s the luck of the draw, it’s the width of a post, it’s a penalty kick, who knows. It’s not impossible for Ireland to win the tournament, but let’s get real.

Against Spain, we could nick a win, it’s possible. But it would have to be a Chelsea Champions League final-type performance. Some players perhaps can make a real difference, and while Aiden McGeady hasn’t covered himself in glory so far in his Irish career, he’s a matchwinner.

You have to nurture and get the best out of matchwinners, and I think the best thing that’s happened to McGeady is James McClean being in the squad and having a very good game against Bosnia before they left. McGeady now knows he has to produce and competition for places has always been healthy.

And when it’s over? Hopefully Robbie Keane, Richard Dunne and Shay Given don’t all retire together.

To clarify we were originally only going to predict the knockout games but Molly wanted to predict the groups to 'practice knowing football'
Molly has so far predicted EVERY win. She has however not really understood the concept of a 'draw' so i wouldnt wait for her to predict too many of them.

Hopefully her 'streak' as it were ends now.

COME ON IRELAND!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom