• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Euro 2016 - Round of 16 - Monday 27th June

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have doubts about Conte's 3-5-2 system working in the EPL, but he is a great, great manager. I have a lot of respect for Del Bosque as well, I'm curious what adjustments he will make at half-time. It's not over for Spain yet, thanks to De Gea.
I have zero respect for Del Bosque, racist cunt.

Looks like the Spanish cycle has finally come to an end. They need to rethink their approach.

I have doubts about Conte's 3-5-2 system working in the EPL, but he is a great, great manager. I have a lot of respect for Del Bosque as well, I'm curious what adjustments he will make at half-time. It's not over for Spain yet, thanks to De Gea.

Conte is a great manager. Been very impressed by Italy in this game and his approach
The 3-5-2 and his results in Europe with Juve are the biggest questionmarks for me when taking over Chelsea.

2-0 and game over.
Southampton will probably receive another massive fee for Pelle this summer.

Look at Chiellini. You'd think he's in absolute agony then literally 5 secs. later straight back up. Fucking cheating cunt.

Brilliant by the Italians, good riddance to Spain. It was a teensy bit like watching us at times last season - high pressing, very high tempo first half, but missing too many chances, then a second half when the energy levels started to dip and it could easily have gone the wrong way. But a great professional performance, as always with Italy, very smart.

Wow, game of the tournament so far for me. Italy gave 110% for this game, players were totally exhausted, but they showed lots of character to come through the tough period and the subs helped to bring fresh energy and finally put the nail in the Spanish coffin. That was such a smart cross-field pass from Insigne that helped create the 2nd goal.

But I have to come back to Conte – the way he managed to shut down Iniesta and Fabregas by playing Giaccherini and Florenzi very high up the pitch (I think in Itally this position is called mezzala, which means half-winger – I don't think any other country has quite that role) was just classic and the most convincing way to counter the Spanish tiki-taca that I've seen in recent years. Whenever Italy attacked, they had big numbers of players in and around the box, which is not what you think as a typical Italy. Great stuff.

Were there some reports that Klopp was interested in De Sciglio? He looked very calm and solid at LB, although he is right-footed.

Last edited:
Had backed the Italians handsomely (a tenner).

They play like a team and have a great manager combined with the fact I've never had any confidence is rather new looking Spain team served in the same old bottles (their all possession-based slightly predictable tactics).

Italians will prob not beat Germany but they've been a very nice surprise for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom