• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

European Super League

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m amazed by the ignorance and stupidity from people you have to aknowledge as bright and intelligent. How can FSG or their advisors not see this was bound to fail?
The German clubs come out of this looking great, and imagine being the one English top Club saying fuck you to this.
Just shows you what greed, promise of unicorns and gold treasures does to you.

Have to say though. Binning this doesnt change anything in football. All it does is give more power to a corrupt system in UEFA, and the new CL format is equally shite.
Change is needed.

Project big picture, I felt was correct and fair.

The premier League would not be the premier League without the big six..

Burnley, Fulham etc are essentially being bankrolled by the vast overseas support that clubs like Liverpool, UTD, Arsenal and Chelsea have, and have the same say in votes..

How is this even right ?

These clubs are stifling the evolution of the premier League.. They are small fish in a big pond, believing they are part of the elite spending big but thinking like small clubs

With the current situation the gap between the championship and the PL is only going to get bigger and bigger.. This is causing extreme financial problems for the EFL as a result particularly in the championship as clubs get silly trying to reach the promised land or in most cases collapse after being relegated, failing to get back to the promised land

Sadly the PR around Project Big Picture was a complete disaster..

What's needed. ? I've no idea.. but the game need a massive shake up either way

Agreed.

If the ESL had taken off and we were left behind with Everton and West Ham we would not have forgiven them. But what is irksome is the fact that they were in all likelihood the masterminds of this whole idea.

Needed business acumen and fifa lizards and all that aside, what is the most irksome is that the concept of the ESL is like pulling up the ladder after you, and it goes completely against the core values of the club. YNWA would be hollow.

It wasn't the PR that was solely a disaster, it was the complete exclusion of the people who matter and a blatant disregard for our league system and it's clubs. It wasn't about creating a level playing field, it was the desparation to wedge an even bigger gap between the big clubs, the also rans and those just about surviving on the brink.

The sudden wind of change since last night, with a slight dab of sympathy for FSG over this "much needed" shake up, is really just a conscience cleansing exercise.

FSG have been caught with their pants down for the 3rd time and hopefully our renowned solidarity will see them pay for it.

It wasn't the PR that was solely a disaster, it was the complete exclusion of the people who matter and a blatant disregard for our league system and it's clubs. It wasn't about creating a level playing field, it was the desparation to wedge an even bigger gap between the big clubs, the also rans and those just about surviving on the brink.

The sudden wind of change since last night, with a slight dab of sympathy for FSG over this "much needed" shake up, is really just a conscience cleansing exercise.

FSG have been caught with their pants down for the 3rd time and hopefully our renowned solidarity will see them pay for it.
I don’t disagree mate, but there’s a whiff of “rabid capitalists in exploitative money grabbing shocker” about all this, isn’t there? Or were we all telling ourselves they were massive Liverpool soccer club fans from the age of dot

I don’t disagree mate, but there’s a whiff of “rabid capitalists in exploitative money grabbing shocker” about all this, isn’t there? Or were we all telling ourselves they were massive Liverpool soccer club fans from the age of dot

Fair do's, but I'd have hoped that after over a decade at the club, they'd have at least had the feelers out to gauge what kind of response it was going to get and regardless of usual corporate behaviour, Klopp has earned better treatment and respect.

I think he has confused the fans with a woke mob trying to cancel him, so has rolled out the standard hollywood apology.

I am still amazed they tried this stunt and didn't envision this evident reaction.

Are they living in a cocoon?
Well he spends 90% of his time in Boston which have closed shop sports.. he's been talking to red bird capital who like closed shop sports franchises.

This was a project to maximise revenues for his business.

So yeah.. I suspect he is living in a cocoon.

Project big picture, I felt was correct and fair.

The premier League would not be the premier League without the big six..

Burnley, Fulham etc are essentially being bankrolled by the vast overseas support that clubs like Liverpool, UTD, Arsenal and Chelsea have, and have the same say in votes..

How is this even right ?

These clubs are stifling the evolution of the premier League.. They are small fish in a big pond, believing they are part of the elite spending big but thinking like small clubs

With the current situation the gap between the championship and the PL is only going to get bigger and bigger.. This is causing extreme financial problems for the EFL as a result particularly in the championship as clubs get silly trying to reach the promised land or in most cases collapse after being relegated, failing to get back to the promised land

Sadly the PR around Project Big Picture was a complete disaster..

What's needed. ? I've no idea.. but the game need a massive shake up either way

What's needed is FAs, and other governing bodies, who aren't feckless. Fit and proper tests aren't fit for purpose, they allow leveraged buyout after leveraged buyout from various consortiums and private outfits who are never getting into football for the love of the game. The financial regulations regarding spending as part of revenue are a joke, and they aren't fairly enforced properly, so it's creating these perfect conditions for idiots running clubs to gamble that club's future on the potential promise of more.

Infrastructure costs and essential non-sporting staff, with room for growth and inflation, should be mandated as a condition of entry (or continued occupance) by the league as a priority from a club's revenue. Ongoing concerns (all other costs, including player wages and transfer fees) should then be capped as a percentage of the remaining revenue. Have a three strike system which results in expulsion (auto relegation?) from the league for a third strike. Then sit back and watch the spending get a lot more reasonable.

Is it 100% fair? No. Does it start from an even playing ground? No. It would however allow for organic competition and change from the current status quo.

Is it going to happen? Probably not

So, as it stands, it’s just the Italians and Spanish taking part in this Super League? I read somewhere that they are adamant this will still go forward. Anyway back home, do we expect any punishments handed out to the clubs involved? They should be made an example of, and I would expect some of the other clubs to suggest some sort of repercussions for this mess. But heh ho, money etc. Personally I see them getting off Scot free.

51% hasnt helped the German league right? Bayern 8, Dortmund 2 in the last 10 ...

League competitiveness is not the only measure, though.

• Germans tickets price are 50% of the Premier League.
  • Top german clubs had no intention of joining the Super League.
  • Fans have great say and control in the running of their game
  • They have higher average attendance figures than the PL, whilst every game is broadcast live on domestic TV.
  • The league clubs have significantly lower debt than European clubs.

The league lacks global appeal, but it does put the rights of local fans first and isn't attempting to be a global powerhouse.

I know what I'd rather have.

So, as it stands, it’s just the Italians and Spanish taking part in this Super League? I read somewhere that they are adamant this will still go forward. Anyway back home, do we expect any punishments handed out to the clubs involved? They should be made an example of, and I would expect some of the other clubs to suggest some sort of repercussions for this mess. But heh ho, money etc. Personally I see them getting off Scot free.

Well they could kick Real Madrid out of the CL, and either give Chelsea a bye to the final..... Or recall us.

Agnelli said it's dead.

Well they could kick Real Madrid out of the CL, and either give Chelsea a bye to the final..... Or recall us.

We don’t want that! What I mean is, could or can the PL deduct points, relegate the 6 teams that were involved? I know this is extremely unlikely but a fine just won’t make any difference to this lot. If they did get punished heavily, say with points or relegation, it would make these clubs or any other club for that matter even considering this shit again.

We don’t want that! What I mean is, could or can the PL deduct points, relegate the 6 teams that were involved? I know this is extremely unlikely but a fine just won’t make any difference to this lot. If they did get punished heavily, say with points or relegation, it would make these clubs or any other club for that matter even considering this shit again.
Given that the whole thing is not going ahead, I don't think the PL could deduct points or impose fines or other sanctions as no rules have actually been broken.
If there had been a rule breach then fines, behind closed doors sanctions (moot point) or points deduction would be in the power of the disciplinary committee but expulsion from the league would not be - the committee can recommend expulsion but it would still be subject to a vote, with 15 votes required. Even if they deducted all of the 6's points, they still couldn't relegate them all as there's no mechanism for more than 3 to go down.
If there is to be any form of sanction, it would have to come from UEFA / FIFA or from government. The Premier League's hands are tied.

Reactions: Raz

I managed to watch about 5 second of that.
"I wanna apologise…"
*close window*
*barf*

Agree, what a load of bollocks, The man is about as sincere in his apology as Brois Jonhson is when he gives one...
It is more like, "sorry that we could not force this through... We will sit on this idea, dress it up some, and then in a few years time; try and implement it again"

174082107_4430701490292749_6270265886755987906_n.jpg

League competitiveness is not the only measure, though.

• Germans tickets price are 50% of the Premier League.
  • Top german clubs had no intention of joining the Super League.
  • Fans have great say and control in the running of their game
  • They have higher average attendance figures than the PL, whilst every game is broadcast live on domestic TV.
  • The league clubs have significantly lower debt than European clubs.

The league lacks global appeal, but it does put the rights of local fans first and isn't attempting to be a global powerhouse.

I know what I'd rather have.
The German game is so unbalanced its untrue

Despite fan have a share of the pie..

Bayern win the title almost every year.. anyone who wins over them.. They just go out and buy their best players.

If you can't beat them.. buy their best players

Fan ownership is not the complete answer

Salary Caps and proper FFP should applied right across the footballing spectrum

Given that the whole thing is not going ahead, I don't think the PL could deduct points or impose fines or other sanctions as no rules have actually been broken.
If there had been a rule breach then fines, behind closed doors sanctions (moot point) or points deduction would be in the power of the disciplinary committee but expulsion from the league would not be - the committee can recommend expulsion but it would still be subject to a vote, with 15 votes required. Even if they deducted all of the 6's points, they still couldn't relegate them all as there's no mechanism for more than 3 to go down.
If there is to be any form of sanction, it would have to come from UEFA / FIFA or from government. The Premier League's hands are tied.
On top of that there is no way they would sanction these clubs..

They are money spinning clubs for the Pemier League

Same applies to UEFA for all 12 clubs..

If it was any other club. It probably would be a different story..

Have those Champions League changes been confirmed? That needs taking down next. But it's just a little step, so doubt it will attract the ire and attention that this just got. Will probably sneak through no bother, and we will inch towards a ESL under some other name anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom