• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

FA Cup 3rd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly Wolves looking the more likely here in stoppage time.

Had a good laugh. Young slapped Lindelof on the back so hard to congratulate him for a vital block that Lindelof nearly bowled over.

I know it's an FA cup thread but a chinese international just scored against Barca.

Must be the first time ever in a competitive match??

Off-topic, but I watched the 1st half of Athletico Madrid vs Levante. Things could change between now and mid-February, but on current form we have nothing to worry about. They are leading 2:1, but Levante had the better of the play, their wings are incredibly slow, Joao Felix’s confidence looks shot and defense doesn’t look impenetrable either. Using long balls into Morata as target man as the main attacking strategy is unlikely to be effective against a Van Dijk-marshaled defense. I like the DM, Thomas Partey and Oblak, that’s about it.

I’m sure they say the same watching us against Watford of Wolves recently

This Luke Matheson kid is really making himself known.

Scored at Old Toilet, set up the equaliser today against Newcastle.

17 Year old Fullback

I’m sure they say the same watching us against Watford of Wolves recently

Having watched both, definitely not. When you’re used to watching Liverpool every week it’s startling to notice how few other teams have anything close to the speed of Salah and Mané (amplified by Robbo and Trent) on the wings - we’re so used to seeing our wingers always find space and provide our midfielders a consistent outlet that you almost feel claustrophobic without it.

The most entertaining thing about this match so far has been finding out that the Rochdale manager has a double barrelled surname, both of which are first names, as well as his actual first name.

He’s actually the son of a quite legendary Irish sportsman from Cork - Jimmy Barry Murphy. He was the biggest name in Hurling for a whiles. That sport we play with a scchhhhhtick.

Couple of kids in the kids school called Murphy.

Defo a first name. I can understand why it may not be as popular in Ireland though, cos one would assume Murphy is also a popular surname there.
We are waiting to hear from the first kid named Murphy Murphy then. God help us.

We are waiting to hear from the first kid named Murphy Murphy then. God help us.
Then he'll marry a girl called Mary Murphy who'll insist on giving their son (who's named after his dad) a double barreled surname so the kid will be called Murphy Murphy-Murphy.

Then he'll marry a girl called Mary Murphy who'll insist on giving their son (who's named after his dad) a double barreled surname so the kid will be called Murphy Murphy-Murphy.

Worse she’s call her daughter Murphy and then that child will marry a guy called Brown and she’ll end up on TV

Rather watch 2 mid table fodder sides than ever watch City play unless it's against 1 of the big boys.
You're missing out, games against solid defensive units with quick counter attacking players are the best to watch them against. They get so frustrated as attack after attack fails against the head of some mediocre CB. Such as against Norwich or Man Utd this year.

Last edited:
If someone in my class was named Murphy, I'd call him Smurphy. Yeah, that's how I roll.

Gillingham currently outplaying West Ham's first team.
Magic of the FA cup is back......o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom