• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

FA youth cup Liverpool vs Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=RolandG link=topic=44534.msg1299318#msg1299318 date=1300023183]
Coady definately has a bit of Gerrard in him.

Silva on for Morgan
[/quote]

I didn't know Gerrard batted for both sides.

FUCK! bastards.

[quote author=RolandG link=topic=44534.msg1299328#msg1299328 date=1300024098]
Indiscipline! That was stupid.
[/quote]

Yeah. He didn't kick the twat hard enough

totally lost their heads and buckled under the hype

Seems the scummers have that annoying 'never know they're beaten' trait at all ages

Definately an off day but I've seen us play much better before.

We contributed to out own downfall. Loss of concentration and errors led to their goals. Poor penalty, Smith had no defensive cover for Cole's cross for the equaliser. We stood off Morrison for the winner.

Guess that's youth team football , very unpredictable and a match can turn at any moment .

United seem to have gone down the route of signing physical ,powerful players and fair enough they won but their overall play wasn't that good at all , any decent passages of play came from us . Only time will tell but I'm confident that more of our lot will make it than theirs.

they seemed very physical, like classic bolton or done of the dirty championship sides. one or 2 showed some skill but on the whole they were brutes!

Personally I think the referee killed the game with the penalty decision. Should have been a free kick too us. Made it even worse by sending Sama off.

Man U too their chances well. Ravel Morrison looks like a great prospect for them.

In retrospect Suso should have played in the middle with Coady. Silva should have been on the wing. Roddan was poor. We missed Jack Robinson, his replacement Brad Smith didn't have a good game.

Coady needs another year of reserve football and then I think he's ready for the first team.

Flanagan impressed me as well as did Morgan and Adorjan.

Roddan, McGiveron, Smith, Bedford, Sama were not on par with the other players.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=44534.msg1299345#msg1299345 date=1300025489]
I know he got sent off, but I really like Coady.
[/quote]

yeah i agree , ok he'll get a telling off for that sending off but long term it wouldn't worry me so much , i'm sure he'll learn from it and aggression in players of that age isn't the worst thing in the world

The United fans set off a flare. At a youth game. Horrible, thick cunts.

We should have won that game easy. We were cruising. Suso disappeared seconds half and our goalie looked indecisive as fuck. Out of that team I can only see two making it, Sterling and Coady.

A number of united fans were arrested and kicked out, also singing about H'sboro it's a fucking youth game you twats.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=44534.msg1299375#msg1299375 date=1300033843]

We should have won that game easy. We were cruising. Suso disappeared seconds half and our goalie looked indecisive as fuck. Out of that team I can only see two making it, Sterling and Coady.
[/quote]

Not Morgan?

[quote author=Red Mullet link=topic=44534.msg1299382#msg1299382 date=1300035455]
[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=44534.msg1299375#msg1299375 date=1300033843]

[/quote]

Not Morgan?
[/quote]

I don't think he is athletic enough...

[/quote]

This. Suso could make it too if he was a little more interested too. We basically threw the game today. Much the better side.

Wisdom looks like he could make it too, thought he was excellent until Samo got sent off and then it went a bit pete tong with too many changes and then Coady also getting sent off.

Got back home from the match just over an hour ago. It was a nice family day out despite the result. My mum and dad came along as did my sister, her husband and my little nephew who is about 1 and half years old. My mate also came and brought his girlfriend along too; it was her first weekend in Liverpool.

The highlight for me I have to say when my nephew celebrating our first goal. He had no idea of what was going on but he just celebrated because everyone surrounding him did. It was quite funny. He slept through the second half.

The turnout was amazing and it was great seeing so many kids in the crowd. It seemed we weren't the only ones to have a family day out. Is the turn out for a youth match normally like this?

As for the match itself, we totally bossed it in the first half and played some lovely stuff. It fell apart after the first of the two sending offs but I thought we were the better footballing team throughout. If this was a first team match, being the better footballing side would be of little consolation to me if we had just lost a big match. As it was the kids, it's about learning, improving and gaining experience of such occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom