• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

FA youth cup Liverpool vs Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=44534.msg1299433#msg1299433 date=1300047588]
[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=44534.msg1299375#msg1299375 date=1300033843]
The United fans set off a flare. At a youth game. Horrible, thick cunts.

We should have won that game easy. We were cruising. Suso disappeared seconds half and our goalie looked indecisive as fuck. Out of that team I can only see two making it, Sterling and Coady.
[/quote]

This. Suso could make it too if he was a little more interested too. We basically threw the game today. Much the better side.
[/quote]

Suso will be fine. I think they play him on the right wing to force him to use his right foot more, hence why he isn't effecting the match as much as he can do. His range of passing is exceptional and I think he belongs in the middle.

Manchester United's FA Youth Cup victory over Liverpool ends with hostile scenes

Four players were sent off and six fans ejected from Anfield as the simmering tensions between Liverpool and Manchester United at senior level spilled over in an FA Youth Cup game.

Stewards were forced to eject the visiting supporters after a flare was set off in the away section of the ground, while the mood of the game altered as a minority sang a number of chants mocking the Heysel and Hillsborough disasters.

The game came just a week after Kenny Dalglish's first XI swept past Sir Alex Ferguson's league leaders in a game marred by controversial challenges from both Jamie Carragher and Rafael da Silva.

Ferguson had branded Carragher's tackle on the Portuguese winger Nani - which left the player with a gash in his shin so deep his bone was visible - a "disgrace" after breaking his self-imposed media silence this week.

So strained are relations between the clubs that even in an under-18 quarte-final tie referee David Coote was called upon to dismiss two players from each side as United recovered from two goals down to set up a two-legged semi-final with Chelsea.

The hosts, managed by the former Barcelona coach Rodolfo Borrell, seemed set for for victory thanks to goals from striker Adam Morgan either side of half-time when defender Stephen Sama was sent off for bundling over United captain Ryan Tunnicliffe in the penalty area.

Paul Pogba - the midfielder signed in controversial circumstances from French side Le Havre - converted the spot-kick but Coote judged him to have feinted during his run-up. The player, in accordance with Fifa's rules, duly received his second yellow card of the game, despite furious protests.

Larnell Cole reduced United's deficit with the retaken penalty before delivering a pinpoint cross for Ravel Morrison to fire home. Morrison scored the winner five minutes from time with a spectacular volley in front of the Kop.

Coote, though, was still required to dismiss Liverpool captain Conor Coady, an England under-17 international, and United's left back Tyler Blackett after the two clashed off the ball in the dying moments of the game. Coady was left with a bloody nose after appearing to aim a kick at Blackett. The two were kept apart as they trudged from the field.

Coady, Cole, Morrison and the Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling are all rated as among the brightest prospects in the country, but neither Borrell nor his opposite number Paul McGinniss will be happy at seeing such a lack of discipline in their sides.

It was a typical youth game, lacked quality for large parts.

Similar to our main team we don't play with pace, when we do we looked good.

Probably only stirling and Coady have a chance of making it....

This. Suso could make it too if he was a little more interested too. We basically threw the game today. Much the better side.
[/quote]

Suso will be fine. I think they play him on the right wing to force him to use his right foot more, hence why he isn't effecting the match as much as he can do. His range of passing is exceptional and I think he belongs in the middle.
[/quote]

Suso belongs in the middle. Feisy with a great range of passing but he need to bulk up a bit. Got bumped off the ball a few times. I liked what I saw from the U18s. Sterling reaped havoc everytime he made a run but needs to improve his decision making. More than a few occassions Morgan was making a run or pulling wide to make space and he hit a shot. Flanagan showed some nice skilful touches and defended well. Put in a few good crosses too. I liked Morgan, he is a very good finisher.

Even though we lost our way after the Sama sending off, we played some pretty good football.

Suso looks like one of those footballers who plays better the strong the quality around him ...ok obviously you can say that about most footballers but with him he needs smart players to make good runs , play one , two touch football . If they make the runs he can pick them out . I must admit though that he didn't look the most interested the last 2 youth cup games , hopefully that wasn't the case though and he was just a bit off form . I wonder if he was told to stop going it alone as in the 1st cup game he pretty much tried to do everything himself and looked better but obviously not a team player like he should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom