• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fergie to retire (confirmed)

Moyes is a gamble for them. Good manager certainly, but this is going to be something else for him.
Strange to think that, in terms of managers, Swansea v Everton last season will now be Liverpool v Utd next season.
I would imagine that a number of Utd fans will be looking at Cheslea getting Mourinho, them getting Moyes, and wondering if all is right with the World. Every time a players wants to leave, every time a player chooses to move to a club other than Utd, the fans will blame the name 'Moyes'. Of course, it happens under every manager, Ferguson included. It will happen to Moyes though.
I do wonder if the likes of us and Utd have identified these managers as guys with hunger, who will control the team from grass roots upwards OR if by placing someone in their 'dream' job the owners get carte blanche to ride roughshod over them in controlling the clubs' affairs. Time will tell.
I always quite liked Moyes, I will have to get used to hating him now. I can't see him floundering in the job to be honest, Utd may experience a slight dip in transition but they are clearly set up well and steady for the future. Bastards.

Scholes - need replacement
Van Persie - he still has 3-5 years left, and it's not like they don't have Chicharito (he shits goals), Welbeck and Rooney
Ferdinand - Smalling is almost ready
Giggs - Young/Valnecia are adequate replacements
Evra - Baines?
VIdic - THat ugly cunt Jones is the man.
I doubt Scholes will play next season
Rooney is very strongly rumored to be on the way out, especially with Moyes coming in.
Smalling, yeah he's decent.
Neither Young or Valencia are anywhere close to being as influential as Giggs
Blaine's? That's up to Kenwright
Vidic-Jones, yeah Jones is even uglier

All of a sudden there's something to be excited about.

Man Utd in transition, Chelsea a basket case, Arsenal static, City probably getting a new manager, Spurs overly reliant on one player.

Very important summer ahead.

Probably heard Moyes was on his way in, and thinks like most intelligent Utd fans, it's a massive step back from Fergie. Cue for him to leave. That and he hates Moyes appaz..

Funny listening to all the UTD fans crying over the immanent appointment of Moyes. They are all gobsmacked.. Redcafe has gone into meltdown..

I think it's hilarious.. Like Christmas coming early.. Now they know how we felt with the appointment of Hodgson..

It'll be interesting to see how Rooney and Moyes are with each other considering Moyes sued Rooney over comments in his autobiography. The press may have claimed they've made peace but can you make peace with someone you've had to shell out a couple of hundred grand to?

I'm enjoying this. I haven't seen this many tears since Take That split up.

I also think some people will be surprised about how much Fergie will be missed and how much success that is purley down to him.

Still, Utd have him in the board room and the newly employed chairman of the FA and vice chairman of the premier league are Utd fans. I have a feeling the old pisstained cunt will be pulling some strings for a few more years...

Scholes - need replacement
Van Persie - he still has 3-5 years left, and it's not like they don't have Chicharito (he shits goals), Welbeck and Rooney
Ferdinand - Smalling is almost ready
Giggs - Young/Valnecia are adequate replacements
Evra - Baines?
VIdic - THat ugly cunt Jones is the man.

You got to be kidding about the Young/Valencia bit...both are average at best, and with Nani likely to be shippeed in the summer United will probably shop for a winger. At CB United can choose from Vidic/Smalling/Evans/Jones/Ferdinand. A pretty healthy situation to be in even if one decides to fuck off too.

Where United could benefit most from a new manager is CM. Fergie was too stubborn to admit the glaringly disastrous state of his central midfield, perhaps as a result of loyalty to the old guard of Giggs and Scholes. Scholes is done, and Giggs will be a bit part player next season under a new manager.

I think Moyes is class.
Im glad Fergie is retiring but I would rather they got some Euro hopeful than Moyes.

You got to be kidding about the Young/Valencia bit...both are average at best, and with Nani likely to be shippeed in the summer United will probably shop for a winger.

Giggs, nowadays, is also 'average' despite him being denied by Bale a PFA player of the year award.

His influence on the pitch, and leadership, is irreplaceable ... So Young/Valencia are adequate replacements.

I think Nani on form is a wonderful wonderful player -

I have a bad feeling that Moyes will surprise some people there.
Lets not go there, let me at least enjoy the Summer in the blissful belief that this is the dawn of a new era and that Rodgers is gonna beat Cuntfaces record over the 25 years in our rebuilt Anfield. My rehab and medications should finish by the start of the new season when I can face the reality.

I think Ferguson realised that he wouldn't be able to compete with the new crop of managers who are 30 years his junior. Moving upstairs and have a puppet do all the day-to-day stuff means he will still have a good say in what goes on without tiring himself out too much.

I wonder if he will hit the bottle harder now he will have more time on his hands?

Is it Moyes European record that makes him a good fit, his record in big games or his throphy cabinet?

Good manager, great ability to spot a bargain, gets the best out of his players and his teams are hard to beat but play some very dull football.

No proven record whatsoever that he'll make the step up imho.

Back
Top Bottom