• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting First Goalscorer

Prefix for Betting Threads
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pesam

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
I usually make a healthy profit in the first goalscorer markey each season; last season I had 48/1 winner (Hudson of Cardiff) and a 90/1 winner (McAuley of WBA) as well as quite a few other decent prices.

I'll put all my 1st goalscorer bets in here, probably starting from tonights game Sheff utd v Notts Co.

Same game £2 Kevin long 1st goal @ 75/1 and £4 David Wheater @ 39/1

As usual...........£12 McAuley 1st goal Everton v WBA @ 73/1......he should be no higher than 45/1

£15 Mackie 1st goal Watford v Forest @ 11/1.........it's not huge value but I reckon he's overpriced and should be about 9/1

I love the first goalscorer bet.

A lot of easy number could have be made on Sturridge and Soldado and RVP this season perhaps.

I had a smal bet on Kolo the weekend at 40/1 just for the laugh.

I love the first goalscorer bet.

A lot of easy number could have be made on Sturridge and Soldado and RVP this season perhaps.

I had a smal bet on Kolo the weekend at 40/1 just for the laugh.

I would image those three would be the three to avoid, prices are generally way shorter than they should be. A high priced defender would be the way to go, like Pesam seems to do. Kolo mightn't be bad one all right, but would hope for a bit more than 40/1

Well so far backing Sturridge and soldado first goal, you would have made £25 to a £4 stake so looks ok to me.

Thus far of course.

I once backed Michael Owen 1st goal @ 7/2, which is the shortest price I've ever taken in that market. They were away to someone like Kazakhstan and I just couldn't see him NOT being the 1st scorer (I would have priced him at 3/1 max). I also back other forwards quite regularly but only when I think they're overpriced; Nugent of Leicester and Defoe (a few seasons back) have won me quite a few bets over the years.

Defenders and midfielders are more often overpriced though and therefore most of my bets feature them.

Well so far backing Sturridge and soldado first goal, you would have made £25 to a £4 stake so looks ok to me.

Thus far of course.

Yeah, I realise that, but that's not the point. If you continue to back them all season, I'd bet you'll lose money. If you manage to back them in the games they do score first and not in the others, then fair play.

Yeah, I realise that, but that's not the point. If you continue to back them all season, I'd bet you'll lose money. If you manage to back them in the games they do score first and not in the others, then fair play.
Yup, this is usually the case although if a forward (like say Van Persie or Suarez last season) hits a sustained purple patch I'm sure there's money to be won but more than likely even the best forwards have a few barren spells each season.

I was backing Verthongen for the last few years with Ajax and Spurs and made serious profit but the value has gone since November last year.
He's rarely bigger than 18 on high street bookmakers and around 21 on betfair which is awful value for a defender.
This year the value could lie with Caulker and Ben Turner as we all seen last Sunday that Whittinghams delivery from corners is superb.
Some superb value backing those two I reckon.

I was backing Verthongen for the last few years with Ajax and Spurs and made serious profit but the value has gone since November last year.
He's rarely bigger than 18 on high street bookmakers and around 21 on betfair which is awful value for a defender.
This year the value could lie with Caulker and Ben Turner as we all seen last Sunday that Whittinghams delivery from corners is superb.
Some superb value backing those two I reckon.
Great call Leo, particularly with Caulker who I reckon could score 4 or 5 this season - of which hopefully 1 or 2 will be the 1st goal of the game.

So we're all on Caulker next Saturday when Cardiff play the Blueshite.......Cool, this could be 6CM's finest (betting) moment :)

£10 Brad Johnson 1st goal Norwich v Saints to win £410
£10 Caulker 1st goal Cardiff v Everton to win £500

Unlucky is right.
Just done Verthongen@20s tonight.
Portugal 10 men now so good luck!
Cheers Leo, I thought Portugal would win but should have been about 1.55 so 1.34 had to be layed (also got another £15 on the NI win which IMO should have been 8/1 and not 12/1. Defour knocks out your bet unfortunately.

£6 Caulker 1st goal 50/1 Cardiff v Hull
£20 Graham 1st goal @ 8.6
£6 Delph 1st goal Villa v Toon to win £254
£3 Brad Johnson 1st goal Spurs v \Norwich to win £300
£5 MacAuley 1st goal WBA v Fulham to win £200

Unlucky!

Graham should have scored, he missed a sitter. And Macauley weighted in again, pity it was the equalizer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom