• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Friendlies today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hart, Johnson, Cole, Cahill, Terry, Milner, Parker, Gerrard, Welbeck, Young, Chamberlain

Mignolet, Gillet, Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Fellaini, Witsel, Mirallas, Mertens, Dembele, Hazard

Kompany injured during warm-up... ...

Denmark v Australia (any Aussies watching)?

A bit of info from the Danish camp: Agger has never been in better physical shape than he is now according to thorough tests by physio Jens Bangsbo. Interesting to see whether that'll improve his performances as well as make him less prone to injuries.Good news I guess.

*Bendtner's physical shape never been better as well. LOOK OUT HOLLAND! NETHERLANDS !

Who the fuck is Azza?! His name is Hazard ffs, what is it with commentators trying to make every foriegners name sound more exotic.

Eriksens only good touch in that first half. It was pretty amazing mind.

I don't think I've ever seen Bendtner this bad. If he plays like this at the Euro's I am going to eat humble pie on here for ages...

Only real bright spot in another dire game for Denmark is Jores Okore. He's going to be a star.

Great finish but am I being harsh on Mignolet if I say that I thought he should have done better?

Hart - 6
Johnson - 6
Cahill - 7 (off for Lescott)
Terry - 6.5
Cole - 7
Gerrard - 7
Parker - 6
Chamberlain - 5
Milner - 5
Young - 5
Welbeck - 7 (excellent finish)

Milner & Chamberlain are not helping out much in MF and Gerrard / Parker are out-numbered. Not enough pace in our attacks and not enough support for Welbeck. Stevie getting forward quite often from MF. Solid at the back.

Great finish but am I being harsh on Mignolet if I say that I thought he should have done better?

Yeah a little harsh, it was an excellent finish. For Mignolet it was a case of "Shall I stay or shall I go" he went but the result may have been the same either way.

Chadli looks like a decent prospect.

This England wont get past the group stages. God how poor.

Think you're being a bit harsh there Hansern . I agree though it's well lower than the standard we've had in recent years but we're still getting the wins, however narrow it is. Defensively we look better than we have done in a long time, better organised anyway.

Pluses - Parker, who I thought was MOTM again, Gerrard looking fitter and sharper and Chamberlain who looks a bright positive prospect. I think Defoe, Wellbeck and Young will always look a threat, it's just whether any of them can sustain it and do it against the big sides. None of them (including Carroll too) scream 'first teamer'. There's a definite lack of quality between the lines, upfront and outwide. But at least it's not crisis time, we're winning and not conceding. If we can find a settled frontline setup then we might just go up a gear.

Maybe Mark. But 2 decent first halves and 2 poor second halves against teams that are already looking forward to their holiboobs is a bit concerning.

No pressing and just standing off wont work against the better teams. At times nearly all 11 men are just outside the box. Not being able to keep posession and letting the other teams create a lot of chances.
It reeks of Hodgsons approach when he was here and both wins are more down to the lack of quality from the opponent then England playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom