• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

FSG OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donavan Ried

Alive and still kicking, Just
They may have came in when the club was at it's lowest and near going into administration; and we all breathe a collected sigh of relief at that, but I remember saying the we should be cautious about these new owners and that they may not be the "Knights In White Amour" they appear to be.

And after some 14 plus year in charge we are in no great shape on the pitch or in the transfer market. Given what we have done in the League,CL, and WCC we should have had no trouble recruiting; yet that is the case. whether it is due to money alone, or just not looking like a team that is going places due to that under investment.

Our biggest investment have come off the back of the sale of Luis Suarez and Philippe Coutinho and as far as I can see we will only see that type of investment again if Daiz,Nunez, Elliot or Carvalho blows up, or we sumble on a jem or two at the club in the youths

Just like the NHS under the Tories we have suffered too long with under investments by FSG
and right now I just want FSG gone

They may have came in when the club was at it's lowest and near going into administration; and we all breathe a collected sigh of relief at that, but I remember saying the we should be cautious about these new owners and that they may not be the "Knights In White Amour" they appear to be.

And after some 14 plus year in charge we are in no great shape on the pitch or in the transfer market. Given what we have done in the League,CL, and WCC we should have had no trouble recruiting; yet that is the case. whether it is due to money alone, or just not looking like a team that is going places due to that under investment.

Our biggest investment have come off the back of the sale of Luis Suarez and Philippe Coutinho and as far as I can see we will only see that type of investment again if Daiz,Nunez, Elliot or Carvalho blows up, or we sumble on a jem or two at the club in the youths

Just like the NHS under the Tories we have suffered too long with under investments by FSG
and right now I just want FSG gone

FSG came into football admiring the Arse model, and its ironic the very same Arsenal has been spending with abandonment. We despite nearly getting the Quad, are selling players to fund a loan, because we have no money.

We lose something like £100m for not qualifying for the CL yet the owners won't speculate on buying anyone but rather lose out. Klopp needs a reality check saying "we are in a good position with regards to MFs" .

I can understand fans wanting FSG out, I'm not one of those (yet) but I wouldn't be all that upset if they did leave....of course we could do with more investment to stay in the mix every season, who wouldn't want that? But I don't exactly hold FSG all to blame either....they took the club from rock bottom and in 11-12 years we won everything there was to win, they handed us the best manager we've seen since the days of Shanks and Paisley and although it was more in the benefit of FSG they did hand us a new training ground and a 2 phase redevelopment of the stadium.

Last season we almost won it all and that summer after should've been seen as the ideal opportunity to make the signings needed to really strength and for the owners to really back Klopp.....it was probably a 3/10 window if we're honest, all we did we replace the goals and impact of Taki Div and Sadio with Nunez and Fabio.

What's obviously driven some fans into the FSG brigade is more to do with seeing how Newcastle are coming on and how Chelsea are spending like crazy and they're worried we're going to fall behind....a place no one wants to see us fall back to but in truth will likely happen the more we neglect what needs doing.

Bluebell: Why do we have so much debt?????

Also Bluebell: Bastard fucking FSG never spend any fucking money.

I'm not sure whether we should go down the path of campaigning against our owners like everton or man united have done. It's a truly momentous decision because these protests are historically so effective.

Bluebell: Why do we have so much debt?????

Also Bluebell: Bastard fucking FSG never spend any fucking money.
That's kinda how I feel about you sometimes Momo.

First thing I thought of when I woke up this morning was "Why do I have such irritation near my genitals"

and right now I want you to suck my cock dry.

That's kinda how I feel about you sometimes Momo.

First thing I thought of when I woke up this morning was "Why do I have such irritation near my genitals"

and right now I want you to suck my cock dry.
You hate me but want me to fuck you? I’m already in that kind of relationship and I’m married to her.

I can understand fans wanting FSG out, I'm not one of those (yet) but I wouldn't be all that upset if they did leave....of course we could do with more investment to stay in the mix every season, who wouldn't want that? But I don't exactly hold FSG all to blame either....they took the club from rock bottom and in 11-12 years we won everything there was to win, they handed us the best manager we've seen since the days of Shanks and Paisley and although it was more in the benefit of FSG they did hand us a new training ground and a 2 phase redevelopment of the stadium.

Last season we almost won it all and that summer after should've been seen as the ideal opportunity to make the signings needed to really strength and for the owners to really back Klopp.....it was probably a 3/10 window if we're honest, all we did we replace the goals and impact of Taki Div and Sadio with Nunez and Fabio.

What's obviously driven some fans into the FSG brigade is more to do with seeing how Newcastle are coming on and how Chelsea are spending like crazy and they're worried we're going to fall behind....a place no one wants to see us fall back to but in truth will likely happen the more we neglect what needs doing.

It has more to do with their business model and transfer funding nearly everytime around us are spend in the transfer market and strenghtening in positions they need too while Fsg just buy what they consider asmarquee signings to appease the fans the fans

Tell me what was the point of Gakpo..? We have albeit an abundance for left sided attacking player why buy another one especailly when a MF is needed.

And the lack of ambition we have shown in the transfer market is unbelievable.
They stepped in whene we where at a lower. They have made money from us, now it is time to fuck off and let someone else who understands the importance of investing on field step in

Why do you guys have so much hostility towards @Donavan Ried ? What has he exactly done to draw such vitriol?
No vitriol or hostility from me - I just don't suffer complete whopping, thundercunt bellends who know nothing about anything gladly.... Know what I mean?... My bad though if I ever come across that way. :)

Last edited:
It has more to do with their business model and transfer funding nearly everytime around us are spend in the transfer market and strenghtening in positions they need too while Fsg just buy what they consider asmarquee signings to appease the fans the fans

Tell me what was the point of Gakpo..? We have albeit an abundance for left sided attacking player why buy another one especailly when a MF is needed.

And the lack of ambition we have shown in the transfer market is unbelievable.
They stepped in whene we where at a lower. They have made money from us, now it is time to fuck off and let someone else who understands the importance of investing on field step in
Jota, Diaz and Bobby are out, we were thin in attack. Klopp thought we would be okay in MF, because on paper we had numbers, but I guess he didn't think just how bad our MF would be. Naby has his moments but generally he is short and weak. Harvey cannot play CM. Fabs and Hendo are a shadow of their former selves. FSG should have somehow made £80m available to Klopp to get the MF

We should all remember that we were very, very eager for Moores and Parry to move on because of an inability to invest in the playing squad and compete with big-spending Chelsea and United. That didn't turn out so well.

We've all well litigated the areas FSG have proven deficient, despite restoring us to the top of the world game and winning a fair whack of trophies. While selling up/out may be what our club needs at this phase, we should be mindful of the risk of going from the frying pan to the fire.

It's not so much FSG out so much as it should be <enter good fit ownership group here>.

If its true they want to buy a NBA franchise, I can see why. That's over $200m per season lets hope they sell

[article]
NBA aiming for new TV deal worth $75 billion which could lead to large increase in salary cap, per report

The league's previous television deal was worth a total of $24 billion

kaskey-michael.png

By Michael Kaskey-Blomain

Sep 19, 2021 at 6:06 pm ET•2 min read

nba-logo.jpg

The NBA is looking to sign a new broadcasting contract, and it projects to be a big one. The new deal, which would start in 2025, could be worth over $75 billion total, and over $8 billion annually, according to Jabari Young of CNBC. This would represent an enormous increase over the league's previous deal that started prior to the 2016-17 season and was worth a total of $24 billion.
Such a large jump in television revenue would obviously have a huge impact on the league's salary cap, which is calculated based on total basketball-related income. As such, we could be seeing some seriously monster contracts down the road. We've already seen $200 million contracts handed out, but soon we could be seeing contracts worth over $300 million. From Morten Jensen of Forbes:
It wasn't long ago we saw the first $200 million contract in NBA history. Stephen Curry signed one worth $201 million in 2017 and could be on the verge of signing another one soon. The 2025 cap spike will see $200 million contracts get normalized, and for the league's elite, $300 million will become the new threshold.
Based off a cap that by 2025 sits at $171 million, a 35% max deal would start at $59.85 million and carry 8% annual raises. Over a five year period, that becomes $347.1 million with the final year being worth $79 million alone, which is $9 million more than the entire salary cap number in 2015. For NBA teams and NBA agents, it's time to map out their financial futures.​
With such a large spike in salary cap space potentially looming, don't be surprised to see players look to avoid locking themselves into long-term contracts before 2025. This means that we could see some shorter deals with player options being handed out to top-tier players leading up to the new TV deal. Also, second-year players currently on rookie deals could look to capitalize on the fifth-year qualifying offer more than they have in the past. Players in line for a rookie extension in 2024 could opt to sign the qualifying offer and become unrestricted free agents in 2025.

Also, there will be a discussion that has to be had about whether or not the NBPA will be willing to agree to cap smoothing rather than the significant one-time jump described above. In that scenario, Jensen reports that annual increases to the salary cap of roughly $15 million would be likely.

Obviously, a lot of things still need to be ironed out before any of this becomes official. First, the league needs to agree to a new TV deal, and then the resulting impact on the cap will have to be correctly calculated. Nonetheless, it's certainly something to keep in mind as teams and players make financial decisions moving forward.

[/article]

If its true they want to buy a NBA franchise, I can see why. That's over $200m per season lets hope they sell

[article]
NBA aiming for new TV deal worth $75 billion which could lead to large increase in salary cap, per report

The league's previous television deal was worth a total of $24 billion

kaskey-michael.png

By Michael Kaskey-Blomain

Sep 19, 2021 at 6:06 pm ET•2 min read

nba-logo.jpg

The NBA is looking to sign a new broadcasting contract, and it projects to be a big one. The new deal, which would start in 2025, could be worth over $75 billion total, and over $8 billion annually, according to Jabari Young of CNBC. This would represent an enormous increase over the league's previous deal that started prior to the 2016-17 season and was worth a total of $24 billion.
Such a large jump in television revenue would obviously have a huge impact on the league's salary cap, which is calculated based on total basketball-related income. As such, we could be seeing some seriously monster contracts down the road. We've already seen $200 million contracts handed out, but soon we could be seeing contracts worth over $300 million. From Morten Jensen of Forbes:
It wasn't long ago we saw the first $200 million contract in NBA history. Stephen Curry signed one worth $201 million in 2017 and could be on the verge of signing another one soon. The 2025 cap spike will see $200 million contracts get normalized, and for the league's elite, $300 million will become the new threshold.
Based off a cap that by 2025 sits at $171 million, a 35% max deal would start at $59.85 million and carry 8% annual raises. Over a five year period, that becomes $347.1 million with the final year being worth $79 million alone, which is $9 million more than the entire salary cap number in 2015. For NBA teams and NBA agents, it's time to map out their financial futures.​
With such a large spike in salary cap space potentially looming, don't be surprised to see players look to avoid locking themselves into long-term contracts before 2025. This means that we could see some shorter deals with player options being handed out to top-tier players leading up to the new TV deal. Also, second-year players currently on rookie deals could look to capitalize on the fifth-year qualifying offer more than they have in the past. Players in line for a rookie extension in 2024 could opt to sign the qualifying offer and become unrestricted free agents in 2025.

Also, there will be a discussion that has to be had about whether or not the NBPA will be willing to agree to cap smoothing rather than the significant one-time jump described above. In that scenario, Jensen reports that annual increases to the salary cap of roughly $15 million would be likely.

Obviously, a lot of things still need to be ironed out before any of this becomes official. First, the league needs to agree to a new TV deal, and then the resulting impact on the cap will have to be correctly calculated. Nonetheless, it's certainly something to keep in mind as teams and players make financial decisions moving forward.

[/article]

The tradeoff is that many of the top players will soon be making Ronaldo-in-Riyadh money.

We should all remember that we were very, very eager for Moores and Parry to move on because of an inability to invest in the playing squad and compete with big-spending Chelsea and United. That didn't turn out so well.

We've all well litigated the areas FSG have proven deficient, despite restoring us to the top of the world game and winning a fair whack of trophies. While selling up/out may be what our club needs at this phase, we should be mindful of the risk of going from the frying pan to the fire.

It's not so much FSG out so much as it should be <enter good fit ownership group here>.

Can you smell that... Our areses are in the fire already...
People cansay that it is down to injuries this season, but what about next season..? the midfield wil be a year older,Bobby and Mo too. We are already seeing diminished returns fro Mo, and Bobby yet no money toward finding a replacement for \mo, while everyone around us are moving forward building stronger squads

Can you smell that... Our areses are in the fire already...
People cansay that it is down to injuries this season, but what about next season..? the midfield wil be a year older,Bobby and Mo too. We are already seeing diminished returns fro Mo, and Bobby yet no money toward finding a replacement for \mo, while everyone around us are moving forward building stronger squads

We are nowhere near as bad as things were under Hicks and Gillette. Not even in the same universe, even if we spent a decade in midtable.

Donavan has gone full Donavan.

Thanks for saving us from bankruptcy, expanding the stadium, a state-of-the-art training facility, the Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup (twice), Charity Shield, Champions League, European Super Cup and Club World Cup - now fuck off!!!

Absolute skip fire of a thread doesn’t even begin to describe it.

It's been great and I'm very grateful. We had some good times and on the whole, this was one of the best things that happened to us. But people grow and circumstances change, and sometimes it's better to let go instead of hanging on too long. All good things must end. What seems like ingratitude and resentment is just frustration at a situation that is increasingly unacceptable. I'm not sure this next guy is the right one, but I don't want to waste both our time.

Is what my ex said to me, and she was right.

It's been great and I'm very grateful. We had some good times and on the whole, this was one of the best things that happened to us. But people grow and circumstances change, and sometimes it's better to let go instead of hanging on too long. All good things must end. What seems like ingratitude and resentment is just frustration at a situation that is increasingly unacceptable. I'm not sure this next guy is the right one, but I don't want to waste both our time.

Is what my ex said to me, and she was right.

In that case maybe it’s we, the fans, that should walk away and find a situation that’s more acceptable - maybe support another team that meets our emotional needs and desires.

Maybe it’s us and not them, that’s the problem.

In that case maybe it’s we, the fans, that should walk away and find a situation that’s more acceptable - maybe support another team that meets our emotional needs and desires.

Maybe it’s us and not them, that’s the problem.

Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom