• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gakpo

Halmeister

Some sort of pun about having a well known member
I think he deserves his own thread. I've been one of his more vocal critics, and I don't want this to just descend into name-calling (though it would be understandable).

But he's just not good enough, is he? His stats aren't too bad. But I've seen players like Fernandes and Pogba who spent years stat padding, and now we have our own. The majority or his goals come in league cup and Europa League games against weak opposition, and his premier league goals often the 4th in a 4-1 win for example.

But what gets me most is his attitude. He's so lacklustre, and someone in the match thread called him a mentality midget. That's spot on.

Maybe someone like Danns isn't ready yet, but I guarantee he would have put in much more of a shift today than that lanky coward. Unacceptable.

There's an unquantifiable eye test that should be taken into account when judging footballers too.

Gakpo just fails it on pretty much every metric. Not particularly quick, no heart, can't win a header despite being 6 foot 4, makes poor decisions, not an amazing dribbler, no conviction with his finishing...

The only thing he seems to be half decent at is getting the ball on the half way line an turning. Sometimes.

With other players like Nunez and Diaz, they could do more, but you can see the potential. I don't see it with this fella.

He's our Havertz.

A manager who prioritises controlling games might like him

But he was brought on at a time when we could have done with that and he repeatedly lost the ball and made poor decisions.

I just don't get him at all.

And I'm not just basing this on today. He's not THE reason we lost. Though he is part of it. But this is based on his whole time with us.

I feel like whatever the opposite of a street fighter is, that’s him. He’s the exact opposite of Suarez, for example.

Yeah, that's a good comparison to make. There's just zero grit and fight about him. He was captain at PSV wasn't he? That surprises me.

To put it more crudely, though, he's just a shithouse. I know I said I didn't want this to descend into name-calling, but I think that's the best way to sum him up as a footballer.

But he was brought on at a time when we could have done with that and he repeatedly lost the ball and made poor decisions.

I just don't get him at all.
Yeah, he's having a bad season but I reckon Klopp brought him so that we don't lose control of the match

I get what you mean though. When Gakpo's on the wing, I want him to have a go at the full back but I've never seen him do that. He's just passes it back

Just look at him compared to someone like Diaz, who also has his detractors. Diaz's end product can be poor and frustrating, but he works his bollocks off and never stops. He keeps going and keeps fighting and is always aggressive, even if he is having a bad game.

If Gakpo just showed half of his fight and determination, then maybe we wouldn't be having this conversation. Watching him strolling around as though he was knackered despite only playing about 45 minutes had me wanting to put my boot through the telly.

He's not much cop is he? Why sign any Dutch players? What decent players have they got apart from VVD? Ake looks good for Man City but so would I.

He's not much cop is he? Why sign any Dutch players? What decent players have they got apart from VVD? Ake looks good for Man City but so would I.
Frenkie de Jong.
Frimpong
Simons
Timber
Malen
Botman
Van der Den

I'd say were all "decent".

Probably not much outside that though.

You think everyone is shit Raz, what level of shit?
Haha but that's not really true is it? Who else have I said is shit? I may have said some players on the day are playing shit or have been wank but Gakpo is fucking shit. Just watch him when he plays, or should I say when he's on the pitch. We'd have better off keeping the Div.

Haha but that's not really true is it? Who else have I said is shit? I may have said some players on the day are playing shit or have been wank but Gakpo is fucking shit. Just watch him when he plays, or should I say when he's on the pitch. We'd have better off keeping the Div.
He's poor, iinitially I could see the thinking as him being a Firmino replacement, but hes got none of the skill, creativity or class of Bobby.

If it were up to raz klopp would have been gone years ago.
Get a hold of yourself you fool. You obviously just ignore what 99% of other posters have as an opinion as you are just a cunt. I'm clearly not alone in what I have said today, and klopp did make shit decisions today. And has other days.
Tell you what fuckmaster, find somewhere on this site where I have alluded to sacking klopp. You absolute fool.

Moderator notes

Pipe down fella with the rage, not needed, refer Forum posting principles... Take this as a warning..

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a hold of yourself you fool. You obviously just ignore what 99% of other posters have as an opinion as you are just a cunt. I'm clearly not alone in what I have said today, and klopp did make shit decisions today. And has other days.
Tell you what fuckmaster, find somewhere on this site where I have alluded to sacking klopp. You absolute fool.

You've described a half a dozen of our players as shit in the last year. I'm not arsed searching for it.

Lol why do people even bother. Does it say 'sack him'? Does it? So I got it wrong with saying we will win nothing with him 7 fucking years ago! And I'm fucking delighted I got it wrong.
BUT DOES IT SAY SACK HIM?

He just doesn't suit a team that strives for high intensity football, he's not that type of player so there really isn't much point waiting around in hope that he'll transform into 1.

Sure you can make players better with the qualities they do have, but what qualities does he have that fit our style of play? There is no aggression, no turn of pace (despite some saying he's "rapid"), has decent upper body strength but still gets shrugged off too easily at times, his passing is as bad as Salah's and he's a bit of a donkey when trying to dribble.

His best traits are probably his movement and finishing.

You've described a half a dozen of our players as shit in the last year. I'm not arsed searching for it.
Read my posts you clown. On the day I've said they are shit, cause they are playing shit.
Also I said repeatedly that some were shit and they were and those players are gone. Thankfully.

Lol why do people even bother. Does it say 'sack him'? Does it? So I got it wrong with saying we will win nothing with him 7 fucking years ago! And I'm fucking delighted I got it wrong.
BUT DOES IT SAY SACK HIM?
By the same logic, Woland didn't tell you he disagreed with you opinion did he? He just exclamed fuck off and die.

Hahah, rotation. In 2017. That's the talksport talking point from rafas time.

To be fair though, that thread was very ambiguous...
Yawn. Go find your own material. Ask I asked you to. Only time you come on this site is to have a pop at some posters. You are a weasel.

Back
Top Bottom