• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gaza

LadyRed

Very Active
DISCLAIMER: Yes, this is a thread about the Middle East, so if you don't wanna know, please go to another thread instead of moaning about it on this thread as this is something that many will feel very emotive about, please try to respect that. Thanks.

Israeli troops move into Gaza as Protesters took to the streets in Britain. The Israeli troops are now moving into Gaza whilst being supported helicopters, so the death toll will raise over the coming days. All this on the same day that protests against the attacks were staged around the world including up and down Britain, the biggest being in London with approximately 20 thousand people attending (although most of the news channels are reporting about 10k).

I was due to fly out to Jerusalem on Thursday, but in light of the events that have unfolded over the last week, I have since cancelled my trip.

This is the biggest set back in the Middle East Peace process in decades and so incredibly upsetting to see the images of innocent people being killed. I, as a pacifist, cannot get my head around how in this civilised age people still think this is the way forward. What can his possibly lead to but more retaliation attacks and therefore death, injustice and hatred?

I'm someone who generally tries to avoid finger pointing in such situations, the who, when, why, what isn't that important to me, what's gone has gone, it's how we move forward that's important, giving people freedom and their rights.

I don't see how it's going to happen, the new attacks have renewed adversaries and wounds. It pains me to think where it will all end...

Thoughts and prayers with all over there.

Back
Top Bottom