• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gianluca Vialli - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Part of the Furniture
Administrator
Just announced he’s died due to pancreatic cancer aged 58

Great player and gone too soon

It was him and his cast of Italian friends that help make the PL what it is today. RIP, best dressed person in Football

RIP - someone at work just raised it on our forums, watched him at Juve, and then obviously at Chelsea, - so young , shocking.

Oh hell that's terrible news RIP Gianluca.
A truly brilliant footballer and always seemed a decent bloke

Glad he got to win the Euro's with his best friend Mancini.
A gentleman and a legend
RIP

Very saddening to hear, World of football has lost a great. Player and personality.

My father being Italian, I actually remember being sat on the couch back in Italy surrounded my many family members watching him and Mancini tear it up at Samp.

Last edited:
He was around when I was just getting into football and him smashing goals in those Coors/Autoglass Chelsea kits is something that stuck with me. He was definitely amongst the leagues best players at the time, and likely played a part in the PL attracting more and more talent from Europe.

That snow covered pitch is something, too! That would definitely be called off today.

RIP Gianluca

he was part of that cast at chelsea that made them a team I liked watching - him, desailly, zola, the beef etc ...
58 is a short inning in today's world -
RIP.

I remember him going on some BBC chat show that John Inverdale was hosting. The England cricket team had just been humped in their last test series and Inverdale was giving Nasser Hussain (captain at the time) a really hard time, obnoxiously so.
Vialli came on and Inverdale decided to humiliate Hussain a bit more by asking the Italian footballer how we should solve the England cricket team’s problems.
Vialli told him that with more players of Hussain’s character who would front up to the type of questioning he’d just been subjected to, they would be just fine.
Class act. Put Inverdale right in his place, threw his weight behind a fellow sportsman and had a potentially hostile audience (mostly non-Chelsea fans) eating out of his hand in an instant.

EDIT - on YouTube, about 12 minutes in.

Absolutely great character and manager. played and managered Chelsea at a time before the Roman and his Money arrived. Had some great players there. From a football purist point of view Chelsea were a Joy to watch...

There were a lot of back stabbing going on at Chelsea back then, with the managers and after stabbing a few in the back himself, Valli took over as manager himself only to be also stabbed in the back himself.

Still alround great guy and footballer. will be sadly missed

R.I.P.Gianluca

I remember him going on some BBC chat show that John Inverdale was hosting. The England cricket team had just been humped in their last test series and Inverdale was giving Nasser Hussain (captain at the time) a really hard time, obnoxiously so.
Vialli came on and Inverdale decided to humiliate Hussain a bit more by asking the Italian footballer how we should solve the England cricket team’s problems.
Vialli told him that with more players of Hussain’s character who would front up to the type of questioning he’d just been subjected to, they would be just fine.
Class act. Put Inverdale right in his place, threw his weight behind a fellow sportsman and had a potentially hostile audience (mostly non-Chelsea fans) eating out of his hand in an instant.

EDIT - on YouTube, about 12 minutes in.

Inverdale... obnoxious? I don't believe it... *sarcastic tones*

So sad - I really liked him. A lot actually. I used to love his post match interviews talking how great the 'chaps' were on the pitch. RIP Luca :(

Yeah, RIP, great player, decent person.

Am glad to reminded what a wanker Inverdale is. Prick. Thanks for that.

I actually know someone who knows Inverdale. According to him Inverdale can't resist making a joke out of everything, more of a prat than a pr!ck really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom