• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Goretzka.. Signed for Bayern..

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Goretska comes in I don't think we even need to think about a replacement for Coutinho - we would have so much skill, output and drive from behind the front 3 from Keita, Lallana & Leon. Eeeeeeeek!
Won't be the same, because Coutinho is one of a kind, but we would have some more direct players in midfield.

On the other hand:
Bild now reporting the same.. He's chosen us?

I can't find it.. But most media now reporting it and sourcing Bild.

Edit - Only one I can find is the same as the twitter post above that he's considering his options

Goretzka would be a real coup for us. Exciting stuff, if true.

Keita and Goretzka would give us a really dynamic midfield. In an ideal world we'd get a Matic type to balance it out.

You can see what attracts Klopp to him with that last goal. I would worry that him & Keita would really really need a disciplined holding mid. I believe Can has the ability to do that, but he loves the occasional surge forward and we would want someone who doesn't have this urge so often - someone more in a Wanyama style.

As should those believing stuff played on those accounts, there are loads of them with lfc tinted glasses and skews what's actually happening

Bild story here

They don't say anything other than we're after him and that Schalke 04 have a €12m/year offer on the table that he isn't interested in (~£200k/week) and point out Matip signed for nothing from them too.

Bild story here

They don't say anything other than we're after him and that Schalke 04 have a €12m/year offer on the table that he isn't interested in (~£200k/week) and point out Matip signed for nothing from them too.
Yeah thats the one I saw.

I think the English journo couldn't read German and mistook the word Lockt for a different meaning.

I.e. I think he thought it meant 'Goreztka locked for Liverpool'. Rather than correct literal translation of 'Goteztka attracts Liverpool'.

Lazy lazy lazy.

It doesn't actually say he's not interested in Schalke's offer, just that he'll give his decision in January, but it does say we'd easily top it and the hack thinks he's very unlikely to stay.

It doesn't actually say he's not interested in Schalke's offer, just that he'll give his decision in January, but it does say we'd easily top it and the hack thinks he's very unlikely to stay.

If he was staying he wouldn't need to wait til January

I dont know any of these other players Savic, goretzka whoever else.
Im properly out of touch with football in general, I've managed to give a crap about lfc again after 2/3 seasons of not caring much.

Getting Keita and Goretzka would be amazing! Even though Henderson is getting lots of stick maybe next year that position will be easier for him as he will have learnt that role...we forgot sometimnes that he is being played out of position.

If Goretska comes in I don't think we even need to think about a replacement for Coutinho - we would have so much skill, output and drive from behind the front 3 from Keita, Lallana & Leon. Eeeeeeeek!

We will when anyone one of those three get injured.

If he was staying he wouldn't need to wait til January
He can legally talk to any interested clubs, so in theory it makes sense that he can weigh all his options before making the decision to stay or go in the summer. Though obviously his agent will already be in talks with all interested clubs in reality.

I have to say I'm still not 100% convinced by Goretzka. I get that he's multi-talented; good attacking instincts for a midfielder, good teamwork and discipline for an attacker - but how all of that adds to a full package is still unclear. Does he have enough defensive qualities to play in a midfield 2 with someone like Keita? Does he offer enough goal threat and creativity to play as one of the front 4 (at the expense of one of the current players)? Will he grow into a complete dominant #8 Gerrard type or is he not much more than a younger German Milner? So far I don't have an answer to these questions, even as I made an effort to watch Goretzka as much as I could in recent weeks.

I'm far more immediately drawn to Milinkovic-Savic, although he is also far from a finished article and is sometimes erratic (and being quoted for absolutely ridiculous money). But there is something in his physicality and attitude that makes me think this guy will be a success in the Premier League for sure. Even though he plays more advanced in a midfield 3 nowadays, I think with time he will be a Roy Keane-like deep-lying CM, patrolling the middle of the park and intimidating the shit out of everyone.

Last edited:
I have to say I'm still not 100% convinced by Goretzka. I get that he's multi-talented; good attacking instincts for a midfielder, good teamwork and discipline for an attacker - but how all of that adds to a full package is still unclear. Does he have enough defensive qualities to play in a midfield 2 with someone like Keita? Does he offer enough goal threat and creativity to play as one of the front 4 (at the expense of one of the current players)? Will he grow into a complete dominant #8 Gerrard type or is he not much more than a younger German Milner? So far I don't have an answer to these questions, even as I made an effort to watch Goretzka as much as I could in recent weeks.

I'm far more immediately drawn to Milinkovic-Savic, although he is also far from a finished article and is sometimes erratic (and being quoted for absolutely ridiculous money). But there is something in his physicality and attitude that makes me think this guy will be a success in the Premier League for sure. Even though he plays more advanced in a midfield 3 nowadays, I think with time he will be a Roy Keane-like deep-lying CM, patrolling the middle of the park and intimidating the shit out of everyone.
You've seen a lot more of him than I have (just a handful of highlights on Chinese TV - which shows a lot of BL matches). I'm just believing the hype, both domestically (German) and over here. However his strengths (according to Who Scored) all seem to be those of a CM not an AM ; aerial, holding onto the ball, defensive contribution and concentration are those listed, with only 'crossing' given as a weakness. 2.2 tackles per match (higher than most of our defenders) and 1.8 interceptions per match (those figures were even better in 2015/16 and 2016/17). Isn't that what you've seen ? A very powerful and solid CM ? All but one of his appearances this season have been at CM, that one being AM. Previous years I have no idea, can't find it.

Getting Keita and Goretzka would be amazing! Even though Henderson is getting lots of stick maybe next year that position will be easier for him as he will have learnt that role...we forgot sometimnes that he is being played out of position.
Yes let's give him 2 more years in that position. I think he'll learn how to play there next year. If not let's give him another year.

Sport Bild reporting that he has agreed to join Bayern. Not sure how reliable they are.

The Firm‏ @TheFirmBL 26m26 minutes ago
More
Bayern Munich have made a last ditch improved offer to temp Goretzka by offering to make him the joint highest player at the club. Player favours staying in Germany. Decision expected shortly #LFC

http://sportsmaza.com/football/bayern-munich-players-salaries/
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Players{/td}
{td}Weekly Wage{/td}
{td}Age{/td}
{td}Contract left{/td}
{td}Position{/td}
{td}Nationality{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Manuel Neuer{/td}
{td}€150,000{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}5 Years (2021){/td}
{td}Goal Keeper{/td}
{td}Germany{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Sven Ulreich{/td}
{td}€55,000{/td}
{td}28{/td}
{td}2 Years (2018){/td}
{td}Goal Keeper{/td}
{td}Germany{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Tom Starke{/td}
{td}€10,000{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}Last Year (2017){/td}
{td}Goal Keeper{/td}
{td}Germany{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Jerome Boateng{/td}
{td}€90,000{/td}
{td}28{/td}
{td}5 Years (2021){/td}
{td}Defender{/td}
{td}Germany{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Mats Hummels (New Signing){/td}
{td}€150,000{/td}
{td}28{/td}
{td}5 Years (2021){/td}
{td}Defender{/td}
{td}Germany{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Holger Badstuber{/td}
{td}€80,000{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}Defender{/td}
{td}Germany{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}David Alaba{/td}
{td}€90,000{/td}
{td}24{/td}
{td}5 Years (2021){/td}
{td}Defender{/td}
{td}Austria{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Juan Bernat{/td}
{td}€65,000{/td}
{td}23{/td}
{td}3 Years (2019){/td}
{td}Defender{/td}
{td}Spain{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Philipp Lahm{/td}
{td}€160,000{/td}
{td}33{/td}
{td}2 Years (2018){/td}
{td}Defender{/td}
{td}Germany{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Rafinha{/td}
{td}€75,000{/td}
{td}31{/td}
{td}Defender{/td}
{td}Brazil{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Javi Martínez{/td}
{td}€110,000{/td}
{td}28{/td}
{td}5 Years (2021){/td}
{td}Defender{/td}
{td}Spain{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Xabi Alonso{/td}
{td}€120,000{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}Mid Fielder{/td}
{td}Spain{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Joshua Kimmich{/td}
{td}€1,000{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}4 Years (2020){/td}
{td}Mid Fielder{/td}
{td}Germany{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Arturo Vidal{/td}
{td}€150,000{/td}
{td}29{/td}
{td}3 Years (2019){/td}
{td}Mid Fielder{/td}
{td}Chile{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Renato Sanches (New Signing){/td}
{td}€60,000{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td}5 Years (2021){/td}
{td}Mid Fielder{/td}
{td}Portugal{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Thiago Alcantara{/td}
{td}€90,000{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}3 Years (2019){/td}
{td}Mid Fielder{/td}
{td}Spain{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Arjen Robben{/td}
{td}€160,000{/td}
{td}32{/td}
{td}Mid Fielder{/td}
{td}Netherlands{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Franck Ribery{/td}
{td}€160,000{/td}
{td}33{/td}
{td}Mid Fielder{/td}
{td}France{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Julian Green{/td}
{td}€10,000{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}Attacker{/td}
{td}United States{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Kingsley Koman{/td}
{td}€70,000{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}Attacker{/td}
{td}France{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Douglas Costa{/td}
{td}€100,000{/td}
{td}26{/td}
{td}4 Years (2020){/td}
{td}Attacker{/td}
{td}Brazil{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Thomas Müller{/td}
{td}€150,000{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}5 Years (2021){/td}
{td}Attacker{/td}
{td}Germany{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Robert Lewandowski{/td}
{td}€160,000{/td}
{td}28{/td}
{td}3 Years (2019){/td}
{td}Attacker{/td}
{td}Poland{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

The above table is a guide I guess

If it's true, at least we seem to have twigged that we need someone else like that in addition to Keita. On we go.

That list is two years old BTW.

If it's true, at least we seem to have twigged that we need someone else like that in addition to Keita. On we go.

That list is two years old BTW.
It's a guide, and may be some of them are on €200k a week now. We can easily compete with that particularly for a free-transfer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom