• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Goretzka.. Signed for Bayern..

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the slim chance we do get Goretzka, then surely thats the end of Henderson? You can't have a £40m player as a bench warmer better off selling him
Sadly no. Goretzka and Keita won't compete with Henderson. They're both midfielders who play further forward on the pitch. If we got someone like Weigl or Fabinho that would spell the end for him.

I’d definitely keep him in the squad. We need a few older English lads with experience to help the group. Milner and Henderson have roles to play in that regard as long as they want to stay without being regulars.

We also don't have any sort of depth in midfield currently.

I’d definitely keep him in the squad. We need a few older English lads with experience to help the group. Milner and Henderson have roles to play in that regard as long as they want to stay without being regulars.
Henderson will not want to be a bench warmer, he is thinking about England. Milner might, due to age and the money he is on

Last edited:
Raphael Honigstein is adamant it is a done deal to Bayern. Can't see this one happening now.

Think he's going off the SportBild story. Doesnt look like its been confirmed yet so who knows, but Bayern do look most likely.

The way i see it:

If he was staying with Schalke it's stupid to wait until now to sign the contract.

If we was moving to another European club, he could announce that now.

If he's off to Bayern he can't say a thing - because they can't offer him a deal officially until the end of his contract.

So the longer the 'no decision has been made' line is being peddled the likelier it is he's heading to Bayern.

Think he's going off the SportBild story. Doesnt look like its been confirmed yet so who knows, but Bayern do look most likely.

He has been saying it was done since the summer tbf.

He said that a midfield of both Keita, and Goretzka is a bit box to box overkill, and that Liverpool need to focus on a DM and not on Goretzka.

Leon Goretzka has fuelled talk of a move to Liverpool – by liking an Instagram post of Jurgen Klopp.
The Schalke midfielder is out of contract in the summer and the Reds are interested in bringing him to Anfield on a free transfer.
Bayern Munich have supposedly agreed a deal to sign him, something both the player's agent and Schalke's sporting director have both denied.
[bcolor=transparent]With Emre Can possibly heading out of the exit door at Liverpool, supporters have been keen to see Goretzka arrive as a like-for-like replacement[/bcolor]
gor.jpg

Leon Goretzka has liked this post about Jurgen Klopp
And their excitement levels have been raised after Goretzka's 'liked' an account which showed footage of Klopp's wild celebrations against Villarreal in May 2016.
“Jurgen Klopp passion,” read the post, which saw both Goretzka and his Germany team-mate Joshua Kimmich, of Bayern Munich, show their approval.

Honigstein said that? It surprises me because, whether or not I agree with it, Klopp isn't going to go that route.

I didn't disbelieve you, mate! But it's a pretty pointless thing for Honigstein to say because Klopp doesn't do DMs. Incidentally two box-to-box mids can work IMO if they're the right ones - Vieira and Petit didn't do so badly for the Arse.

He has been saying it was done since the summer tbf.

He said that a midfield of both Keita, and Goretzka is a bit box to box overkill, and that Liverpool need to focus on a DM and not on Goretzka.
That's silly reasoning, thats exactly how we set up right now.

The next best thing to a Firm exclusive is having transfer targets "like" Instagram or twitter posts ... this is 95% done

The way i see it:

If he was staying with Schalke it's stupid to wait until now to sign the contract.

If he's off to Bayern he can't say a thing - because they can't offer him a deal officially until the end of his contract.

So the longer the 'no decision has been made' line is being peddled the likelier it is he's heading to Bayern.
Could be wrong, but isn’t the pre-contract agreement only with foreign clubs thingy a premier league deal? As others have said, it was only a few years back they announced Lewandowski joining Bayern when it was only January.

Could be wrong, but isn’t the pre-contract agreement only with foreign clubs thingy a premier league deal? As others have said, it was only a few years back they announced Lewandowski joining Bayern when it was only January.

I don't know is the honest answer.

The Bosman decision is from 1995 and required the player to be moving from one member state to another because it was that cross border move that engaged rights under EU law. I don't know of a follow on case specificially on football but there have been a lot of immigration related casea that have watered down that requirement.

But Goretzka being a German player within Germany and not moving outside Germany hasn't exercised any EU rights of free movement. Lewandowski, Polish, is exercising free movement rights in Germany. That might be the difference.

I'm not aware of the guidleines ever being revised by UEFA to take account of transfers of nationals within a member state, but i think the position should be the same.

Last edited:
From a journo following the Bundesliga;

If it was agreed they could announce it now. The “can’t move to a club in the same league on a pre-contract” is a Premier League rule. Doesn’t exist in the Bundesliga

Lewandowski's move to Bayern was confirmed in the beginning of January.

Are you sure about that? The way I remember is the opposite: all sides declined to comment until just a few days before he joined Munich.

The way i see it:

What about Can? Must mean he's off to West Brom

Are you sure about that? The way I remember is the opposite: all sides declined to comment until just a few days before he joined Munich.

From the 4th of January:

Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski has agreed to join Bayern Munich at the end of the season, meaning he will walk out on his current club once his contract expires in the summer.

The 25-year-old had previously spoken of his desire to leave Dortmund once his contract ran out, and despite being linked with a move to the Premier League with both Manchester United and Chelsea, he has chosen to join the reigning Champions League holders on a lucrative five-year deal.

Confirming the news on their official Twitter account, the post read: “Official: #FCBayern have signed Robert Lewandowski (25)! The striker has signed a 5-year contract until 2019.”

From the 4th of January:

Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski has agreed to join Bayern Munich at the end of the season, meaning he will walk out on his current club once his contract expires in the summer.

The 25-year-old had previously spoken of his desire to leave Dortmund once his contract ran out, and despite being linked with a move to the Premier League with both Manchester United and Chelsea, he has chosen to join the reigning Champions League holders on a lucrative five-year deal.

Confirming the news on their official Twitter account, the post read: “Official: #FCBayern have signed Robert Lewandowski (25)! The striker has signed a 5-year contract until 2019.”

I see, so that period of uncertainty and denials I remember must have been the Fall of 2013. But as soon he could legally sign the pre-contract agreement, they did confirm it (even though everyone suspected he unofficially agreed to join Bayern much earlier). Good spot!

So that means there is nothing stopping Goretzka from announcing his move to Bayern, if that's in fact his decision, and the fact that there is no announcement probably means the decision hasn't been made yet.

I see this article shows the pre-agreement reached dated the 10th Nov with the formal agreement signed on Friday 3rd and announced in the Saturday morning papers

I see, so that period of uncertainty and denials I remember must have been the Fall of 2013. But as soon he could legally sign the pre-contract agreement, they did confirm it (even though everyone suspected he unofficially agreed to join Bayern much earlier). Good spot!

So that means there is nothing stopping Goretzka from announcing his move to Bayern, if that's in fact his decision, and the fact that there is no announcement probably means the decision hasn't been made yet.

Yeah, I think you're spot on there mate. I did a quick search and it seems to be that all the rumors and denials were from the fall. :)

I've explained why i don't think Lewandowski isn't the right comparison.

Players in Goretzka's situation have always had to wait until the final month of the contract to confirm a pre contract agreement. Examples include Milner when he signed for us. Pirlo to Juve.

As for Can. He's 23. I bet they wait until his 24th birthday before officially announcing the pre contract.

I didn't disbelieve you, mate! But it's a pretty pointless thing for Honigstein to say because Klopp doesn't do DMs. Incidentally two box-to-box mids can work IMO if they're the right ones - Vieira and Petit didn't do so badly for the Arse.
Petit was not a box to box

If you can sign it, why can't you announce it?
If you haven't signed, then there is no contract

Rode was confirmed in April when he made his free transfer to Bayern. He's German, so its confirmed that its a Premier League rule and not a Bundesliga rule as Chris Williams said.

Bayern Munich have confirmed their second summer signing with Eintracht Frankfurt midfielder Sebastian Rode joining on a four-year deal.
The 23-year-old, who has been capped at Under-21 level by Germany, will join the Bundesliga champions on a free transfer after four years in Frankfurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom