• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Haye Vs Valuev

LadyRed

Very Active
Anyone care?

I'm so excited and yet so scared for Haye. Haye's talked Mayweather style trash leading up to this too.

I hope Haye get's fucking nailed. He is rude. That said, I would rather a Klitschko finished him off.

Mayweather's allowed to talk shite as he's the best of a generation. Haye has achieved nothing yet. Less than Naseem Hamed in fact.

As for the result, I genuinely don't know. Should be very interesting.

Mayweather's a real mixture. He does do the trash-talking bit at times, but he's respectful at other times. Don't agree with the "allowed" bit (assorted cowards and idiots have been saying the same about Ginsoak for a while) but there's no doubt Mayweather is a fighter in a thousand.

As for Haye/Valuev, like you I'm really not sure. If you put a gun to my head and force me to choose I'd plump for Haye, but with no great confidence.

Really looking forward to this.

It's my mate's wife's 30th & he originally said there was no chance of getting it on as she doesnt like boxing. I wasnt fussed as I figured we'd leave the party about 2am & watch ity mine, a group of about 10 of us had arranged it.

Then SSN says the other day the main event's at 9pm! So I panicked.

A few phone calls later & my showed his missus the trailer for the fight, she wants to watch it now cos of the size difference, so thankfully it seems to be sorted.

Can someone confirm the fight time though, for once I actually want it early hours cos I'd prefer to watch it on my projector.

Hope Haye gets battered. Don't like him.

nikolai_valuev-klitschko.jpg

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=36993.msg981252#msg981252 date=1257532187]
If you put a gun to my head and force me to choose I'd plump for Haye, but with no great confidence.
[/quote]

Haye is a much better boxer but he doesn't have the best chin and overall I think Haye will win as well.

I don't get the Haye hate.

I think he's pretty cool and I think he'll win.

My heart sunk at the sight of that tosser Don King today.

Hope it's a great fight. In terms of reigniting the heavyweight division a Haye win would imo be the best outcome. I don't get why people complain about boxers being mouthy and obnoxious. Trash talking creates controversy and hype so more people pay up to watch. Some great fights coming up. Pac man versus cotto and the khan fight too.

[quote author=themn link=topic=36993.msg981437#msg981437 date=1257559318]

[/quote]

I'm with you. I like him.

[/quote]

I had the same reaction to seeing King there too.

FWIW Haye is little bit too arrogant and all of his pre fight interviews and adverts have been cringeworthy. So I'm kinda hoping he takes a pounding because of those.

[quote author=D.Winchester link=topic=36993.msg981438#msg981438 date=1257559775]
Hope it's a great fight. In terms of reigniting the heavyweight division a Haye win would imo be the best outcome. I don't get why people complain about boxers being mouthy and obnoxious. Trash talking creates controversy and hype so more people pay up to watch. Some great fights coming up. Pac man versus cotto and the khan fight too.
[/quote]

Now you're cooking with gas. That is going to be some tear-up.

[quote author=Roopy link=topic=36993.msg981588#msg981588 date=1257598795]
So what time is this fight in the UK?
[/quote]

2130 I believe. So glad I don't have to stay up til 5am. Watched the weigh-in yesterday. Haye at his career heaviest. Sacrifcing some of his speed/mobility for a bit of extra power, which against a monster like the Russian I guess is sensible.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=36993.msg981500#msg981500 date=1257588805]

[/quote]

I had the same reaction to seeing King there too.

FWIW Haye is little bit too arrogant and all of his pre fight interviews and adverts have been cringeworthy. So I'm kinda hoping he takes a pounding because of those.
[/quote]

The heavyweight division needs someone a bit mouthy.

At least he has some charisma.

I've seen him interviewed quite a few times and I think he has his tongue planted firmly in his cheek.

He knows he has to create a persona to add interest.

Where have all the heavyweights gone ?

Since the retirement/demise of Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, it's dull as fuck with the giant Russians.

[quote author=Roopy link=topic=36993.msg981588#msg981588 date=1257598795]
So what time is this fight in the UK?
[/quote]

Walk to ring at 9.45 GMT.

I love Haye, screw you lot and your Haye hating.

I wana see him land the haymaker tonight. I'm well nervous though.

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=36993.msg981824#msg981824 date=1257614282]
haymaker
[/quote]

That makes me cringe every time it is mentioned

There will be a whole lot of cringing to do if he loses. Cos he's talked a lot leading up to this fight.

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=36993.msg981833#msg981833 date=1257614878]
There will be a whole lot of cringing to do if he loses. Cos he's talked a lot leading up to this fight.
[/quote]

It the same with most fights nowadays and often after the fight the 2 fighters pretend nothing happened, claim they have lots of respect for each other, and then go on to build up the next fight. It's so staged nowadays it is becoming more and more like WWE.

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=36993.msg981838#msg981838 date=1257615351]
I think to an extent they have to with Box Office fights; they have to sell the fight.
[/quote]

I know the reason for it but I don't think that it adds to the product.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=36993.msg981844#msg981844 date=1257616170]
Nah, me neither. UFC have started it too, which pisses me off.
[/quote]

I think that's part of the reason why I liked Joe Calzaghe and Hatton so much, they treated fights much more like a competition than a spectacle.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=36993.msg981845#msg981845 date=1257616188]
Oh, & neets, you like EVERY English boxer!
[/quote]

*whispers*

As long as they're good-looking.

Back
Top Bottom