• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Haye Vs Valuev

Yeah, well done to him anyway. He comes across very very well in interviews I think when he's not trash talking.

It'll probably be Ruiz, but Haye vs either Klitschko (preferably Vitali) would be excellent.

[quote author=Boozer link=topic=36993.msg982130#msg982130 date=1257634790]
I think that last round swayed it for him.
[/quote]

Just slightly.

[quote author=Boozer link=topic=36993.msg982130#msg982130 date=1257634790]
I think that last round swayed it for him.
[/quote]

Yep. Though makes you think what he could have done if he went for it a it more around Rounds 10-12. Perhaps dropped the giant. But his tactics defensively were good except he wasn't countering enough for my liking and the decision could have easily gone Valuev's way.

But whatever, I'm happy anyway.. lets get a bit more excitement back in the heavyweight division. Haye vs Klitschko will be a good'un. Doubt David would beat either of them (as they're a lot more mobile than Valuev whilst still being huge), though the younger Klitschko is a bit more chinny and could be caught by a 'hayemaker'.

i didn't think he did enough to be honest. bar the last round i think he was working on a strategy that meant you dropped points for every punch the giant missed.

both fighters will go home having been hit more and had more damage done to them in sparring than in a 12 round fight for the heavyweight championship of the world.

pleased for him though

[quote author=rage link=topic=36993.msg982135#msg982135 date=1257635058]
i didn't think he did enough to be honest. bar the last round i think he was working on a strategy that meant you dropped points for every punch the giant missed.

both fighters will go home having been hit more and had more damage done to them in sparring than in a 12 round fight for the heavyweight championship of the world.

pleased for him though
[/quote]

agreed

Ruiz next... it was in the contract that the winner faced Ruiz as he was the number one challenger. Ruiz stepped aside as he didn't feel ready for Valuev.

Only thing that went against Valuev is that even though he was agressive in going forward, he probably landed only about 5% of his punches.

A boring fight, executed to perfection by Haye... Expect more of the same unfortunately against Vitali.

Woohoo. I'm so pleased for Haye, the fight wasn't particularly exciting, Haye was almost too rigid with his fight plan, I think Valuev's wobble in the 12th made it clear that if Haye had gone for it a bit earlier he could have maybe knocked him out, although Haye reckons he broke his hand at some point during the fight so had to use hs right hand (the Hayemaker) sparingly. Nonetheless, I'm well chuffed for him. Although I was woried until the result was announced, you never know how the judges are gonna score it, especially with him being the away figher. Watt on Sky had it down as a Valuev win!

Oh and behave guys, I don't think I've ever fancied a boxer ever. [size=4pt]Apart from Floyd.[/size]

He winds me up. He reminds me of Lawro, he's super negative leading up to a fight and then afterwards if the British fighter wins, he's all about the glory.

He was slating Haye in the build up to this fight, and after he won he was banging on about how pleased he was for him.

How was he right?

He said Haye wouldn't have the discipline required to beat Valuev and that he was gonna be embarrassed cos he talked himself up so much and won't be able to live up to it; he was wrong.

As I said earlier, Haye comes across very well when he wants to, I just wish he'd cut some of the shite out.

Haye vs Vitali would be very interesting.

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=36993.msg982167#msg982167 date=1257638196]
Woohoo. I'm so pleased for Haye, the fight wasn't particularly exciting, Haye was almost too rigid with his fight plan, I think Valuev's wobble in the 12th made it clear that if Haye had gone for it a bit earlier he could have maybe knocked him out, although Haye reckons he broke his hand at some point during the fight so had to use hs right hand (the Hayemaker) sparingly. Nonetheless, I'm well chuffed for him. Although I was woried until the result was announced, you never know how the judges are gonna score it, especially with him being the away figher. Watt on Sky had it down as a Valuev win!

Oh and behave guys, I don't think I've ever fancied a boxer ever. [size=4pt]Apart from Floyd.[/size]
[/quote]

[size=1pt]Ha ![/size]

I don't fancy his chances much against Vitali, Vladimir's the one with the weaker chin, right? I'd rather see him fight that one.

Did you see Haye's wife, I mean, really?

I think I really hate him cos he *always* slates Floyd. Always. He just hates any fighter that has a big personality.

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=36993.msg982228#msg982228 date=1257641533]
Did you see Haye's wife, I mean, really?

I think I really hate him cos he *always* slates Floyd. Always. He just hates any fighter that I luuuuurve.
Jim Watt's a big stupid head.
[/quote]

Translation.

Haye's wife... what about her?

Did you hear this recent radio interview with Mayweather?

[flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/v/YA-W01zhHbM&feature/related[/flash]

Oh, I can't stand Mayweather when I saw him with that moron.

Which interview? Where they kept accusing him of ducking fighters cos he won't fight Mosely and he kept talking about what paid the bills?

I do love Mayweather, but he reall doesn't do himself any favours sometimes.

After that Marquez fight they put Floyd in a ridiculous situation, trying to goad him into a slanging match with Mosley and making him look a twat for not fighting him. The HBO guys made a right balls up of it.

It would have been better if Floyd just said Shane is shit and Manny is better.

Back
Top Bottom