• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hendo'n his way out

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is also an example to all footballers to stay out of politics and all these rights issues, just play the game, and don't get involved otherwise you may look like a total cunt in the future when a good opportunity arises.

Warning: your virtue signaling may ultimately confront some type of reality.

33 years old. Hendo is a decent player but we don't need to be panicking like he's stage Gerrard. Well be fine. I'm sure the club letting him go is a sign that we have a plan in place and players / funds to replace him. The only down side is the timing but better to get it out of the way rather than to drag on.

Would you also be ok with a player then not speaking up about racism or any sort of social injustice awareness?
Sporting Boycott during apartheid raised a huge amount of awareness with youngsters during those years whom normally were unware of what was going on at the time.

Its for the authorities to speak out on these things, should always be the case. Keep the players out of it.

Its for the authorities to speak out on these things, should always be the case. Keep the players out of it.
Exactly, and not just speak out but back it up with actions. It’s a widespread societal issue which ultimately stems from negligence, predominantly due to poor parenting and educating and further compounded by weak jurisdictions once it’s past that stage. The likes of Wilfried Zaha chooses not to take the knee for this very reason….it’s meaningless unless it’s backed up from the authorities, the people that can actually make and inspire change.

Just because a player might not want to speak out about it doesn’t mean they’re not against it.

Last edited:
This is more like the 6CM we all know and love.

It's been far too nice around here of late.
Fuckoff @keniget - your posts bore me - Don't you secretly support Utd anyway?.... You whopping barrel of cunt....

;)

Back to the original point. It seems an odd one letting Hendo go but I'm cool about it. I'm not sure why though. A niggling feeling ..... His time to go is now I think.. Not that I want him gone. It just feels like the right time. Klopp must think so. Maybe time to freshen the whole squad up a bit, Change the vibe. VVD being made captain (possibly) is very cool. Did anyone clock the Inside Anfield thing recently? Hendo rocks up looking like he's just walked out of an audition for the Rocky IV remake. It was met with equal amounts of respect and rather worryingly... bemusment from his team mates....

Ah - I love the guy and he's been a great captain. He'll leave with my best wishes .... Fucking Saudi Arabia though!?

Last edited:
well, we had to balance the books somehow and bring that net spend back in line...Fabinho, Henderson, Nat, and maybe Thiago...we won't be far off breaking even. :)

well, we had to balance the books somehow and bring that net spend back in line...Fabinho, Henderson, Nat, and maybe Thiago...we won't be far off breaking even. :)
At this rate we’ll have saved more on wages for the year alone….nevermind breaking even.

I love how everyone assumes these player sales are going to put additional money into the kitty. This money has been pre-spent

That's a distinct possibility. We will faff around on the last day of the window trying to bring a player or two, and the deal won't go through because we were not willing to offer a few quids more or that the fax machine broke.

I'm glad we're getting something for them both. But Jesus wept these owners are MISERS of the highest order - Heaven Forbid they take a little risk. Instead it's scraping the bottom of the saleable asset barrel.

Last edited:
I love how everyone assumes these player sales are going to put additional money into the kitty. This money has been pre-spent
Lol exaclty. Poor MacAllister will start the season at DM and wonder why the fuck he signed here. Meanwhile, Konate and Matip will both get injured a week before season begins, and we'll have VVD and Gomez as the only two fit CBs for the first 3 months of the season.

But that would mean that the club expected the Saudi bids for our old timer players, and that it was planned that we'd be short on players after pre-season started. That would be a strange plan to have in place. I would like to think that the owners aren't so stupid and we bring in one midfielder to make up for Fabinho and Hendo's departure. Baj is not going to be able to play every single game as a 6.

But that doesn’t happen often, that’s complete kop out. Players arent’t robots. Players are the ones often left to instigate awareness because their voices often have more weight. Such a deluded and hopeful view, almost like the notion we will sign more players before start of the season. More happy thoughts and unicorns pls…

Last edited:
It’s hypocritical to expect football players to take a “moral stand”when this country and others in Europe are raking in billions in trade with the Saudis (and Qatar, for that matter given the furore over the World Cup.) I’m willing to wager that most of our pension funds are invested in some way or other into companies and entities from that region.

It’s hypocritical to expect football players to take a “moral stand”when this country and others in Europe are raking in billions in trade with the Saudis (and Qatar, for that matter given the furore over the World Cup.) I’m willing to wager that most of our pension funds are invested in some way or other into companies and entities from that region.

This is it, many years ago I heard that the Saudis actually own something like 7 to 8% of the US economy. The actors amd entertainers only 200 years ago in England were seen by society at the same ranking as prostitutes, and yet today we see them on fucking question time and other current affairs issues giving their opinions and the common masses lapping it up like medicine.

In addition to the hypocrisy the move feels weird because this is the sort of thing the club should be doing - getting rid of a player past his best who isn't going to play much and doesn't really fit with how we play at a point where we can get some money for him. Not used to the club doing what they should be doing.

In addition to the hypocrisy the move feels weird because this is the sort of thing the club should be doing - getting rid of a player past his best who isn't going to play much and doesn't really fit with how we play at a point where we can get some money for him. Not used to the club doing what they should be doing.
Exactly, I don't think anyone thinks it's ideal to sell Fabs and Hendo now. It's a desperate solution to the mess we put ourselves in due to our ineptitude in prior transfer windows. It ultimately led to that joke of a move for Arthur.

Just a reminder, going into last season we had:

Ox and Keita, 28 years and 27 years old. Two underachieving injury prone midfielders on expiring contracts.
Hendo, 32 years old and imo didn't really have a great season and on the decline.
Thiago, 31 years old, had a good season but also prone to injuries.
Fabs, 28 years old also had a good season.
Milner, 36 years old and on an expiring contract. A useful squad player but struggles to play two games every week.
Jones, 21 years old, promising player but still trying to find his role in the team.
Elliott, 19 years old, same as Jones.
Bajcetic 17 years old, talented player but not someone we were expecting anything from.

Anyone who looks at that should spot the massive age gap between our midfielders and the risk we took going into last season, which caused the predicament we are in now.
How we actually managed to almost win 4 competitions the season prior to that is quite amazing.

Last edited:
Almost winning 4 competitions is probably also the reason that Klopp went with one more season with the same midfield.

Getting any money for Hendo at this stage of his career and the wage he is on is good business for the club.

Yes, in isolation it would have been good business. Except… by buying up all the high-profile players and injecting new oil billions into the transfer market, the Saudis have significantly inflated prices across the board. Unproven midfielders are being quoted for £70M+ now and that’s not a joke - it’s the new reality we’re just starting to wake up to. I have an uneasy feeling that whatever we “saved” by that transfer fee for a 33 year old and taking Hendo’s salary off the books, we will be forced to overspend that much and probably more to sign a replacement who probably won’t turn out to be half as good or influential as Hendo during his prime.

Losing Fabinho and Hendo in one window is a double-whammy and makes the task of rebuilding the midfield infinitely harder. For all their faults last season, their experience does count for something and we won’t be able to replace that no matter how much we spend. We were in control of our rebuild until a few weeks ago; now I feel we’re scrambling.

Last edited:
Hahahaha, it didn't get this far with Stevie did it? We never accepted a bid, did we?

yea i think you’re right but it feels like a lifetime ago so can’t really remember, best contact your champagne guy just incase

it wouldn’t surprise me if he was having some second thoughts about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom