• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

He's an arrogant f*** fro saying so but I suppose he is right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony

Luis Suarez believes Liverpool would not have challenged for the title last season without him spearheading their attack.
Suarez, who joined Barcelona in a deal worth around £75 million in the summer, said he had been able to leave Anfield happy as he had won the European Golden Boot last season - an award shared with Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo - and been the leader who returned Liverpool to the Champions League.
As part of an orchestrated media campaign ahead of his likely Barca debut in the La Liga 'clasico' at Real Madrid on October 25, Suarez was interviewed by his new club's website, in which he said he was the main factor behind the Anfield club's good form last year.

He said: "Personal success is always welcome and makes you happy, because that's recognition of the good work you have done.
"But I put the team ahead of that and last season Liverpool came so close to winning the Premier League, which would have been spectacular.
"I appreciate all the work the team did. But I missed six matches and scored all those goals in the Premier League without being the penalty-taker.
"I really could leave happy because if I hadn't had the attitude and mentality to lead the team, I don't think Liverpool would have done as well as they did.
"Getting back into the Champions League was another target I had in mind."
Suarez also revealed that he also feels aggrieved over being found guilty of racism in the 2011 incident involving Manchester United's Patrice Evra.
Suarez was banned for eight matches for racially abusing Evra during a Premier League game in a decision not accepted at the time by either the player or Liverpool.
When it was pointed out by his interviewer that "your temper has caused you several problems over the years" and asked if he regretted anything, the Evra issue was again brought up.
"When I say I'm sorry it's because I regret something," Suarez said. "Being sorry implies regret. But they have also sometimes judged me on things that aren't true, such as the racism thing. I was accused without evidence and that's what grieved me the most.

30308.2.jpg

Suarez still refuses to accept responsibility after being found guilty of racially abusing Patrice Evra © PA Photos
Enlarge
Related Links
"The others were actions when it was me who did wrong. I accepted that and begged forgiveness, but the racism thing, when I was accused without evidence, that did upset me."
Suarez was handed a four-month ban from all football after biting Italy's Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup, which was later reduced to just competitive action. But while having played just a few friendly games for club and country during his ban, he was now anxious to get back to competitive action.
"All I can say is that I have arrived with the desire to be a success at Barca, that I am hungry to win titles," he said. "I haven't played in European competitions for a few years and I want to do the best I can in every game. Nothing in my life was given to me, and now I have the chance to play for team that I have always wanted to play for, and it's a chance I intend to make the most of. I want to show the fans that I want to be a success at Barça and to help my team-mates as much as I can."
It had been difficult being on the sidelines watching his team-mates compete, Suarez admitted.
"When I have gone to the last few games that the team has played I've noticed how I'm getting more anxious to play and help them out," he said. "I hate feeling so impotent because I can't do anything to help them. The first two months were the hardest because I didn't feel like a footballer. That was the worst part. It is always good to accept your mistakes but what angered me most was not feeling like a professional, not feeling like another worker, like other footballers do. That's what hurt me the most."
Suarez was keen to say that the Chiellini bite, as well as other similar incidents involving opponents when playing for Ajax and Liverpool in the past, were mistakes which he had [eventually] accepted were wrong.
"It is good to accept that you have made a mistake and that's what I did," he said. "I left it a few days [last summer] because you have to remember that I'm only human and sometimes it's hard to face the truth.
"I found it hard to take in and to realise what I had done. Those were days when I didn't want to know about it. I just wanted to be with my wife and children, who supported me through that time. I didn't want to listen to anybody, or speak to anybody. I didn't want to accept it."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/355935.html#qGpZHwops6I4Udw8.99

I was saying to someone the other day that all you need to do is address a letter to 'TEETH' and it will be delivered to Luis Suarez in Barcelona. They doubted this, so in order to prove my point I wrote, 'You are a smug, self-obsessed, over-rated, over-indulged, tiresome little shit and I'm so glad I don't have to watch you any more'. Then I put the letter in an envelope, addressed it, 'TEETH,' and posted it - without a stamp. Ten days later, I got a surprisingly contrite letter by way of a reply. So that's Esther Rantzen finished with. I just have to work on another theory to reach Suarez. An air mail envelope. That's what it needs.

He's correct. I heard some eejit on talksport saying 'but but but Sturridge and sterling'. Errr no.

Yeah, he's pretty right really. He's just saying that he drove us on the pitch with the right attitude and we wouldn't have done as well if he hadn't. We miss him massively, but anyone would.

Well he didn't do it the year before, so let's not buy into his egomania. He was the most impressive player in a team that had several very impressive players, all of them made into ONE unit by the coaching and tactics of an inspired young manager, so I'm not applauding him for stepping to one side and slightly rewriting history. And I'm damned if I'm going to pat him on the back for reminding us that we would probably have won the title had he not missed several games because the great big irrational twat had got himself banned. You're at Barca now, Luis, so talk about Barca and shut the fuck up about anything else.

Well he didn't do it the year before, so let's not buy into his egomania. He was the most impressive player in a team that had several very impressive players, all of them made into ONE unit by the coaching and tactics of an inspired young manager, so I'm not applauding him for stepping to one side and slightly rewriting history. And I'm damned if I'm going to pat him on the back for reminding us that we would probably have won the title had he not missed several games because the great big irrational twat had got himself banned. You're at Barca now, Luis, so talk about Barca and shut the fuck up about anything else.

Yep. Raheem was the best player for the last 3rd. Where Luis had already run himself ragged and couldn't perform to the standard needed. Sturridge was the best player for the first 3rd, it would have been a nonstarter of a season if not for him because Suarez had decided to take a bite of Ivanovic. Suarez shone throughout the season, but it was the middle 3rd where his statements could be validated

He shouldn't be allowed to talk about us. I wish we plugged his mouth with some of the cash.

Causally speaking, if he could turn a bunch of also-rans into a top two team then he could have done it any year. He didn't. Last year he was part of a fine team, and he should treat the others with more respect. Great player, without doubt, but a disappointing man. As such, he's now at the ideal club.

I don't really think he says anything wrong. Suarez is just saying that he gave his best and made a difference. Which we could all see.

Gerrard could have said it in 2005. Kenny in innumerable seasons. Neither would have dreamed of doing so. They had way too much class.

Agree with most things you said. But didn't Gerrard kinda mean that with the "I am the man" celebration.

Agree with most things you said. But didn't Gerrard kinda mean that with the "I am the man" celebration.

Good point, yes, that was disappointing at the time. But I still don't think he would ever claim that the team only succeeded because of him. If it's even vaguely true, other people will always say that for a player. There's no need for them to say it themselves.

I was saying to someone the other day that all you need to do is address a letter to 'TEETH' and it will be delivered to Luis Suarez in Barcelona. They doubted this, so in order to prove my point I wrote, 'You are a smug, self-obsessed, over-rated, over-indulged, tiresome little shit and I'm so glad I don't have to watch you any more'. Then I put the letter in an envelope, addressed it, 'TEETH,' and posted it - without a stamp. Ten days later, I got a surprisingly contrite letter by way of a reply. So that's Esther Rantzen finished with. I just have to work on another theory to reach Suarez. An air mail envelope. That's what it needs.

NSFW!!!

Now everyone wants to know why I'm doubled over laughing when I should be working

Luis Suarez presented with Golden Boot by Kenny Dalglish

dalglish-golden-boot-barcelona_3217166.jpg

Kenny Dalglish presents Luis Suarez with the Golden Boot
Barcelona striker Luis Suarez has been presented with the Golden Shoe trophy by his former Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish at a ceremony in the Spanish city.

Suarez receives the award having finished last season - along with Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo - as scorer of the most league goals in Europe.

The pair both scored 31 times, Suarez's goals being in Liverpool colours before his summer switch to Barca.

The Uruguay international, 27, said on receiving the trophy from Dalglish, who he reportedly had specifically requested be involved in the ceremony: "I want to thank all the most important people in my life, my wife and my children.

"And of course everyone at Liverpool - all my colleagues, not just last year but over the whole three-and-a-half years I was at the club.
"They were spectacular years and it was thanks to this man here (Dalglish) that they signed me, that they noticed me.
"Now I am moving on to a new period, and I have to enjoy this next stage of my life - it is a dream come true."

So that puts any doubts on who signed Suarez to bed?

With Henderson doing well now perhaps we gave him too much shit for Downing and Carroll and Adam who cost us a combined 55m pounds?

No manager gets everything right. Given time I think he was more than capable of righting the wrongs.

So that puts any doubts on who signed Suarez to bed?

With Henderson doing well now perhaps we gave him too much shit for Downing and Carroll and Adam who cost us a combined 55m pounds?

No manager gets everything right. Given time I think he was more than capable of righting the wrongs.

He has a lot to offer, but the game has moved on. Sports Science and man management are a different beast. It's harder to manage these kids, I would argue when there's a 40/50 year age difference,

gw9APPan_normal.jpeg
Luis Suarez @LuisSuarez9 · 19h19 hours ago
I want to thank all the colleagues I had last year in Liverpool, coaches and fans because without them I couldn't have done it. To my family, my wife Sofi and my children Delfi and Benja for being by my side and to be the joy of my life. I hope to keep scoring many more goals. Thank you very much for all your support and love. This award also belongs to all of you.

B0Akyv_IMAE_mDu.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom