• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

I want ‘Angel’ De Ligt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wages will be a HUGE issue if we're serious.

Utd are supposedly offering upwards of 240k a week, some reports saying 300k.

For us to come close or even beat that for a such a young new player then we need to increase a number of our other major players wages also, the cost could be massive.

Ideally we go for him but make it clear the wages are not negotiable from the figure it is feasible to do so & he decides to choose the better club, but it's unlikely.

If these fools are going to pay 300k a week for another of Raiola's kids, with no CL football, I hope they get him.

In a perfect world, I'd sign him in a second ... The odds of him developing into a high level player are in his favor.
However, it would be a risky signing for us - wage structure, necessary money to spend etc ..
If there's a "De Ligt from last year" available, I'd be all for signing him now because a great team needs to continually ensure its future is being taken care of.

He has a tough choice - continue to learn his trade under Klopp and alongside VIrgil, or under Solskjaer and alongside Phil Jones ...

He does look good, if we never had VVD then I would definitely say go for him no questions asked. But there ARE questions to be asked regarding the value, surely there are other cheaper Michael Edwards Optimized TM options out there?

Sure he could turn out better than VVD, but VVD was already established in the middle of his physical peak when we signed him. There's potentially more to gain from this kid but because of his age there's also more at risk... despite our recent success, are we rich enough to take that risk considering the price?

And as others have said if he joins on silly wages then he could upset the harmony within the club. TAA is a similar age and has been to TWO CL finals, imagine De ligt walking into the dressing room and he's earning twice what Trent is earning!!

Am I the only person who saw him simply not try to block Mora's winning goal in the semi-final 2nd leg..? As I remember it, her was close enough to get his foot in front of the ball as Mora hit it, but simply didn't... I agree that all kids have errors in them, but I'm not sold that he's the 2nd coming of Virgil, just c'os he plays well in a poxy league. Not worth the money being spoken off. Yet.

Raiola's clients include:

Pogba
Balotelli
Kerlon
Mkhitarayan
Robinho
Donnarumma
Lukaku

All players that have benefited from significant hype, have questionable attitudes, and haven't been as good as made out.

I'd be very wary of pursuing de Ligt. And that's before acknowledging he's been shit every time I've seen him.

Pogba
Balotelli
Kerlon
Mkhitarayan
Robinho
Donnarumma
Lukaku

All players that have benefited from significant hype, have questionable attitudes, and haven't been as good as made out.

I'd be very wary of pursuing de Ligt. And that's before acknowledging he's been shit every time I've seen him.
That list is proper fucking over hyped shit.

Pogba
Balotelli
Kerlon
Mkhitarayan
Robinho
Donnarumma
Lukaku

It's a proper Cunts Eleven

He has a tough choice - continue to learn his trade under Klopp and alongside VIrgil, or under Solskjaer and alongside Phil Jones ...

I think its between PSG and Barca. The agent fee Raiola wants seem to be one of the issues at the moment.

I think this has all the signs of a transfer we should avoid.

There are other Ajax players we should be all over.

Can’t see any young player in the game not wanting to join us.

I think its between PSG and Barca. The agent fee Raiola wants seem to be one of the issues at the moment.
The fee ? Or his backhander ? I thought he was banned for a few months (until after this Summer) anyway ? No doubt he's up in the stands on his mobile.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/matthijs-de-ligt-transfer-would-16482040
[article]Liverpool will have to tear-up their wage structure to sign rising Dutch star Matthijs de Ligt.

That’s the message from De Ligt’s controversial agent Mino Raiola, who is at the centre of a bidding war involving SIX leading clubs including Jurgen Klopp's newly-crowned European kings and Premier League champions Manchester City.

Raiola believes Anfield would be an ideal destination for the 19-year-old Ajax captain, who would pair up with Holland central defensive partner Virgil van Dijk if he does go there.

However, Liverpool will have to make the teenager the highest-paid player in their history ahead of even Mohamed Salah and Van Dijk for it to happen — or give that duo huge pay-rises, too.

Manchester United are reportedly offering £236,000 a week and French champions Paris Saint-Germain are prepared to go even higher — £256k per week.

With Salah currently being paid £200,000 a week and Van Dijk only £150k, Klopp knows he’d be inviting dressing-room trouble by handing De Ligt better wages than his experienced stars.

De Ligt’s headed goal against England on Thursday helped set up a 3-1 Nations League semi-final win that puts the Dutch into Sunday night’s final against tournament hosts Portugal.

The youngster is is set to make a key announcement on his future this week, with Spanish champs Barcelona still believing they are favourites and German kings Bayern Munich also waiting in the wings.

Countryman and former Old Trafford centre-back Jaap Stam has urged United to do everything in their power to sign De Ligt.

Stam was a major star at Old Trafford after joining from PSV Eindhoven back home for £10.6m in 1998, and he reckons £75m-rated De Ligt would be a huge star in the Premier League if he followed in his footsteps and chose the Mancunian Reds.

“I don’t know if it’s a possibility. But I can understand why United would want to sign him because he’s a great player,” said Stam. “I had a great time here at United and I am sure De Ligt would enjoy playing here like I did.

"This is a massive club and he would fit in well.

“Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is building a new era at United and De Ligt would be a key part of that if they could sign him. I am sure any United manager would want a player with such talent and potential.”
[/article]

Cheers raiola, go fuck yourself.

De ligt is within his rights to get whatever he can, but a year of hype and a lot of promise isn't equal to the accomplishments of any of our top earners. The whole insurance policy with young talent is ruined when you over pay on wages. If they end up not being that great, it makes it much harder to recoup some of your losses. It explodes the risks involved, and it's definitely not worth it for us.

Yeah definitely fuck him off now. Everything points to a potential disaster signing.

I doubt we're even in for him, this asshole agent is just using us to get more Ps from Barcelona or whoever

Danny Murphy on TalkSport saying that de Ligt is off to PSG. So, in light of this decision, and given who is agent is (and if you're like me, having been unimpressed when watching him) you'd have to say that it's a bullet dodged. Everything points to him being a bit of an overrated cunt.

Why is this thread still going on? Does anyone here seriously want us to sign this guy and his cunt agent??

He's not coming here. Can we close this thread and maybe replace it with a poll on who is still buzzing the most at work. SIX TIMES!!!!!!!!

He's not coming here. Can we close this thread and maybe replace it with a poll on who is still buzzing the most at work. SIX TIMES!!!!!!!!
You can't have a poll with that many options. I wanted to figure out who were our favourite players on this team and ran out.

We don't need him.

I think Gomez has looked better alongside Virgil than De Ligt. Obviously it helps that they train together each day. But I kind of feel like De Ligt is a tad overrated. I think he's better than JoGoe in the air, communication/leadership and possibly with long passing, but everything else, it's either even or JoGoe is better.

We don't need him.

I think Gomez has looked better alongside Virgil than De Ligt. Obviously it helps that they train together each day. But I kind of feel like De Ligt is a tad overrated. I think he's better than JoGoe in the air, communication/leadership and possibly with long passing, but everything else, it's either even or JoGoe is better.

Maybe, de ligt looks the buisness I reckon. Agree Joe looks great alongside VVD, he needs to stay fit though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom