• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

I want ‘Angel’ De Ligt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas as to why the England supporters are booing Virgil van Dijk every time he is on the ball?

I know they are thick as fuck but there must be some reason other than that he is very good.
Because there's probably loads of City fans. They've been shit enough for long enough to care about England.

Depay has been wank. United levels so far. The Dutch have very little cutting edge up front, for the nice build up play

All this hype about De ligt, he looks very good player BUT no way is he VVD level (yet). The potential is there but in the first half he was more like the Dutch Harry Maguire and I mean that in the way that Maguire sometimes seems better as an attacking biased defender rather than a defender. But what better teacher than Klopp and VVD.

To be fair, De Ligt recovered well after a horrible start and made a few great tackles in addition to the goal. Not sure he's a 75M player, but he does have something about him.

Van de Beek improved Holland when he came on, but his teammates kept strangely ignoring him, even though he took up many good positions in space. Not a fan of Depay at #9 – he is not good at holding up the ball, it's helps him personally by allowing more scoring chances and not a lot of defensive responsibility, but the team is deprived of a valuable outlet this way.

Last edited:
Gives a peno away in pure clumsiness and then megged. No way this lad is ready.
That’s the second very poor call from you on the same day mate. He’ll make mistakes but he is ready.

He is no Virgil yet but he’ll get there.

What’s happend to the Doc I cherised and loved?

That’s the second very poor call from you on the same day mate. He’ll make mistakes but he is ready.

He is no Virgil yet but he’ll get there.

What’s happend to the Doc I cherised and loved?
You just said “he’ll get there” suggesting he’s not there yet and I said “he’s not ready” suggesting he’s not there yet. Have you had a total breakdown?

He's been a big and talented boy in a league that doesn't remotely compare to ours. Is he ready for a €75m move to a European superclub? I say no chance, and I'm very happy to stick to it.

Last edited:
3 games I've seen from de Ligt now and he's been shit in the lot. Oddly enough scored in all of them, too.

Maybe he should become a striker?

I feel like he's getting this hype based on his goalscoring and the fact he's a Raiola player - a lot of his players have flattered to deceive, too.

I think the hype machine is in overdrive for this lad. Ordinary as fcuk from the five matches I’ve seen him play.

To be fair, De Ligt recovered well after a horrible start and made a few great tackles in addition to the goal. Not sure he's a 75M player, but he does have something about him.

He had a moment just before the Stones blunder where he was easily deprived of a ball that should have been his and Virge had to mop things up, and there were a few other occasions where he was gotten the better of physically when the ball was there to win.

For the benefit of those who have become defensive and aren't seeing the wood for the trees, I'm sure that those who have been talking him up have seen a great player in him, and that age of being only 19 means they attach special status to him. I have only watched him twice, but in those 2 games I have seen more blunders leading to goals than I have seen from any of our CBs this entire season. Maybe I'm his Kryptonite and I have witnessed his only abominations, but I can only say that I believe he needs to develop before he is ready for the very highest level.

You just said “he’ll get there” suggesting he’s not there yet and I said “he’s not ready” suggesting he’s not there yet. Have you had a total breakdown?

He's been a big and talented boy in a league that doesn't remotely compare to ours. Is he ready for a €75m move to a European superclub? I say no chance, and I'm very happy to stick to it.
So any defender in the world right now is not on Virgil’s level because he’s the best there is. De Ligt will get there. How is that a total breakdown?

Look this was meant as a bit of banter I think we should be all over him. You don’t. No biggie.

On the matter of Stones I think he's just invited Gomez to take his place.

Another clanger from this lad costs a goal. I've watched this lad twice and he's been shit twice.
He wasn't shit over 90 mins at all but he does have a propensity to dive in, I think VvD would have just ushered him out of play. He's young though so rashness is in his blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom