• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU MUST READ: UPDATE ON FORUM WORK: WED 15th FEB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny

6CM Addict
Honorary Member
Gents and ladies,

I want to get us moved asap so there will be some downtime whilst the guy we've hired does some essential work to the forum. You may see some facilities and themes being removed but do not worry, this is normal and important for the migration process.

Update 15/02/12:

Just to let you know the new host is ready. The new forum software should be installed today or in the morning.

The approach will be thus:

1. Move SMF forum (current) to new host.
2. Check new forum software and apply themes
3. Migrate current forum to new software
4. Re-apply permissions/rights/board moderators (such as Xpert Eleven)
5. Any clean up activities

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:

Steps 3 & 4 are the longest steps so the site may be down for a day or two depending on how smoothly it goes.

Also, be aware, you may lose avatars and passwords will be reset. You will be able to use the "Forgot Password" utility and a new password will be generated and sent to the email address you you registered with. You must still have access to this email. If you don't you may have to re-register or contact me at admin@sixcrazyminutes.com. Be worth people joining the facebook group as well, even if it is temporary.

After all this we will be enhancing the site as we go along. Wish me luck !!

Re: ULTRA IMPORTANT. WORK UNDER WAY TODAY

Sean, major thanks are due to you for all you've done and are doing.

[quote author=dmishra link=topic=48678.msg1482384#msg1482384 date=1329147441]
We just turned blue!
[/quote]It's in sympathy with Rangers going into administration.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=48678.msg1482386#msg1482386 date=1329147547]
Sean, major thanks are due to you for all you've done and are doing.
[/quote]X2
Everyone who post on here owe you a huge thank you. Hopefully I can start repaying the debt in pints when I am over for the gooners game.

[quote author=dmishra link=topic=48678.msg1482384#msg1482384 date=1329147441]
We just turned blue!
[/quote]

It's errrrr.......off red.

It must because me and Sean can still access the buttons

Liam just told em on fb that he could log in as admin. I shat myself.

Then said that you'd probably pressed buttons!

I haven't said anything bad about him so that's fine

Re: UPDATE ON FORUM WORK

Forum is back up for use. We've had some issues. The SMF database is saying it has over 1.5 millions posts even though we cant see that many. We're paying an expert to look at this for us now. His view is twofold - SMF is buggy and the server (which is a VPS) is behaving like a shared server and not at all like a VPS. So we are most definitely doing the right thing long term here moving both forum software and hosts. He also said the software we are going to is the best out there in his opinion so good news there.

I'm away with work for two days so further work wont take place until Thursday earliest. In the meantime you'll have to persevere with the blue SMF default theme but hopefully it will be a little more responsive in the interim. Sorry about the delays but working flat out on this and I had to call it a day as up early tomorrow.

I know this is a stupid thing to say....but if there is anything I can do to help.

*runs away*

Re: Re: UPDATE ON FORUM WORK

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=48678.msg1#msg1 date=1329176642]
I know this is a stupid thing to say....but if there is anything I can do to help.

*runs away*
[/quote]

Least you offered

I'm tempted to hide in the bath for a few days til shit blows over

All the posts are back as well. We'll wait till we get on a proper server now before attempting to trim again

You can change it back to red again.

I have.

Site is functioning smoothly and speedy!
Great! A big thank you to Sean for all the hard work!

[quote author=jimmy link=topic=48678.msg1482453#msg1482453 date=1329200141]
Site is functioning smoothly and speedy!
Great! A big thank you to Sean for all the hard work!
[/quote]Yeah excellent job guys cheers

Looks the same to me. I had the grey theme already. But does seem to be a lot quicker.

UPDATE ON FORUM WORK

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=48678.msg1#msg1 date=1329208372]
Yes, well done Sunny it is much quicker, I quite like the grey

regards
[/quote]

Just so you all know, you could always change the theme to the default grey/blue one & will be able to select a more toned down theme on the new site, possibly more than one (jono will be able to confirm this, he's kindly doing our theme).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom