• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU MUST READ: UPDATE ON FORUM WORK: WED 15th FEB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: UPDATE ON FORUM WORK

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=48678.msg1482494#msg1482494 date=1329210772]
[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=48678.msg1#msg1 date=1329208372]
Yes, well done Sunny it is much quicker, I quite like the grey

regards
[/quote]

Just so you all know, you could always change the theme to the default grey/blue one & will be able to select a more toned down theme on the new site, possibly more than one (jono will be able to confirm this, he's kindly doing our theme).
[/quote]

I've got my favourite red back.
If you want to change it go to your profile, there under Modify Profile press Look and Layout. There you'll see Current Theme (change) - press the change and chose the Look and Layout you want. (Elusive is the red one for me).

[quote author=jimmy link=topic=48678.msg1482499#msg1482499 date=1329211685]
[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=48678.msg1482494#msg1482494 date=1329210772]

regards
[/quote]

Just so you all know, you could always change the theme to the default grey/blue one & will be able to select a more toned down theme on the new site, possibly more than one (jono will be able to confirm this, he's kindly doing our theme).
[/quote]

I've got my favourite red back.
If you want to change it go to your profile, there under Modify Profile press Look and Layout. There you'll see Current Theme (change) - press the change and chose the Look and Layout you want. (Elusive is the red one for me).
[/quote]Cheers for that Jimmy. Back to normal though I might change back when the new look is finished.

When I logged on to the forum last night and it appeared blue on my screen there was a small earthquake. True story. Obviously the gods in Mount Olympus were displeased!

regards
[/quote]

[/quote]

yup there is a nice little option in the bottom left hand corner to change the theme on the new site..

once the initial theme is set up.. might be useful to look at a work safe theme... etc etc..

Thumbs-up from me for the new version. It is quicker and it isn't so different from the previous version as to cause irritation. :)

UPDATE ON FORUM WORK

[quote author=Portly link=topic=48678.msg1#msg1 date=1329214607]
Thumbs-up from me for the new version. It is quicker and it isn't so different from the previous version as to cause irritation. :)
[/quote]

This isn't the new software. Simply the default theme on the old software, the tech guy has made some temporary improvements to speed us up before we move server & software.

I knew it wasn't the new software, but it's not the new server? Seems way quicker. Somebody must have been messing with the buttons before to slow it down...

UPDATE ON FORUM WORK

Honest answer, I'm not 100% sure whether it's the old server with some changes (the tech guy slagged them off something silly about their service & setup it seems) to make it faster for a few days to tide us over till we move or the new server. I suspect the former.

Let me check sunnys last message about it

UPDATE ON FORUM WORK

I was wrong, we have been on the new hosts since 11pm last night.

We'll be on the new software sometime thursday or thereafter, there will be some downtime & disruption during that period.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=48678.msg1482532#msg1482532 date=1329215991]
I was wrong, we have been on the new hosts since 11pm last night.

We'll be on the new software sometime thursday or thereafter, there will be some downtime & disruption during that period.
[/quote]

Ah grand, that makes more sense. Seems like you(Sunny) are getting through this quickly, good work.

UPDATE ON FORUM WORK

Yeah, we're doing about as much as you are, this is all sunny & the employed tech guy! We can take no credit bar him!

I'm just aware things are happening

Y'know, I'm actually starting to like the blue. Grey. I meant grey.

Hate it, give me my money back!

Nah it's alright good work.

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=48678.msg1482541#msg1482541 date=1329216798]
I'm just aware things are happening
[/quote]

You've always had that alertness about you.

Thanks Sunny for all the effort you put into this.

'Nuff Respect.

Looking slicker by the minute.

Two things :
a) there's no little thingie which says which threads I've posted in.
b) my preview of the thread contents has disappeared (I'm using Chrome if that's any use to you).

Cheers
Kevin

This is just temporary. We'll be moving to the new software soon

All, just to be clear - we're still on the old server. Reason it's faster is two fold - the database has been tidied up and the modifications have been removed. The modifications give us some of the extra functionality we're used to but, because of the buggy nature of the software, slows things down. The new host and software combo should be even faster than this !!! I'm looking forward to the switch. Lots of work ahead but I think it will be completely worth it and hope you will to once you get used to it !

Hear that lads?

We're going to be faster than a greased up usain bolt

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=48678.msg1482807#msg1482807 date=1329260290]
Hear that lads?

[/quote]

And sexy. We're going to be sexy as fuck man !

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=48678.msg1482815#msg1482815 date=1329262206]
[quote author=Fabio link=topic=48678.msg1482807#msg1482807 date=1329260290]
Hear that lads?

[/quote]

And sexy. We're going to be sexy as fuck man !
[/quote]
Yeah, yeah. Gerron with it then.

Told you. More work on Thursday. I'm in Newcastle at the moment

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=48678.msg1482840#msg1482840 date=1329264327]
And what, Newcastle doesn't have the internet?
[/quote]

Of course but it doesn't have my fucking home PC which I need which is sitting,er, at home does it ?

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=48678.msg1482847#msg1482847 date=1329264638]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=48678.msg1482840#msg1482840 date=1329264327]
And what, Newcastle doesn't have the internet?
[/quote]

Of course but it doesn't have my fucking home PC which I need which is sitting,er, at home does it ?

[/quote]

I dunno, rain your wife to do it.

FOR FUCKS SAKE MAN STOP MAKING EXCUSES. THE SITE'S A MESS!

In each and everyones life Ryan, a certain amount of rain must fall.

Sorry, I'll hand in my resignation tomorrow so I can sit on me arse at home and concetrate on making webpages red. You can change the theme you know.

I'm just dicking around mate.

Can you or someone else please put some fucking bite-sized instructions down as to how i change the bastarding blue to red on this thing?

Ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom