• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU MUST READ: UPDATE ON FORUM WORK: WED 15th FEB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: UPDATE ON FORUM WORK

Ahhhh....the soothing tones of red. Right I'm off to bed. G'night!

Re: UPDATE ON FORUM WORK

It's red again!

Now, can you get the emoticons and tools thing back above the quickreply box again?

Re: UPDATE ON FORUM WORK: WED 15th FEB

Just to let you know the new host is ready. The new forum software should be installed today or in the morning.

The approach will be thus:

1. Move SMF forum (current) to new host.
2. Check new forum software and apply themes
3. Migrate current forum to new software
4. Re-apply permissions/rights/board moderators (such as Xpert Eleven)
5. Any clean up activities

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:

Steps 3 & 4 are the longest steps so the site may be down for a day or two depending on how smoothly it goes.

Also, be aware, you may lose avatars and passwords will be reset. You will be able to use the "Forgot Password" utility and a new password will be generated and sent to the email address you you registered with. You must still have access to this email. If you don't you may have to re-register or contact me at admin@sixcrazyminutes.com. Be worth people joining the facebook group as well, even if it is temporary.

After all this we will be enhancing the site as we go along. Wish me luck !!

Good luck mate and a thousand thanks again for all your endeavours

[quote author=Ossi link=topic=48678.msg1483149#msg1483149 date=1329330456]
Whats the facebook groups name?
[/quote]

'sixcrazyminutes.com'

jolly good work sunny! i guess we'll be getting a mobile/smartphone friendly website??? what other new features can we expect???

will be adding features as well go along moo. New software is Xenforo. If you google 'xenforo review' you will see how good it is. The engineer working with us reckons its the best out there. Factor in its relatively new software then the future is bright

Sunny...i updated my email address in my profile just now.

So i should be ok when we move to the new forum right? I could register again, if it's a problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom