• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injury updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have picked on Keita there and really cemented his following around these parts. Nobody's buying the Robbo line.

Kidding like Keita haters. Don't attack me like.

Probably been posted somewhere but anyway :

FIRMINO (ready for Everton)
Klopp (pre-Watford) : “We play tomorrow and it will be very close for that, but there’s a big chance for the derby [on Sunday].

GOMEZ (ready for Spurs)
Liverpool hope to have Joe Gomez fit and available for next month's crunch Premier League clash with title rivals Tottenham.
England centre-back Gomez, who has been sidelined since early December, is stepping up his rehabilitation programme outside at Melwood - some three weeks after undergoing surgery on his leg.
The 21-year-old defender will miss the upcoming games against Watford, Everton, Burnley, Bayern Munich and Fulham, but is on course to be available for the visit of Spurs after the international break on March 31.

OX (CL 1/4s or 1/2s)
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain edges closer to his comeback.
‘Ox is doing 70 per cent of team training,’ Klopp said. ‘He trains full, but not as much as the others. Then he leaves a bit early to do something else and the things he needs.
Klopp update:
"If we get to the semi-final [of the UCL] I think he is available. Maybe the quarter-final, I’m not 100 percent sure but he still needs time, that’s how it is. I wait for the green light of the medical department."

LOVREN (ready for Burnley)
Klopp expects to have Dejan Lovren back available for Liverpool's home clash with Burnley a week on Sunday. “Dejan is looking good and now starts proper training. He could be ready again after Everton,” Klopp confirmed.

BREWSTER (Next Season)
Young Reds striker Rhian Brewster, who has been sidelined for more than a year following ankle and knee operations, is also on the comeback trail.
Klopp says the teenage frontman could potentially make his senior debut before the end of the season but the manager is more interested in having him firing on all cylinders for the start of pre-season in July.
Rhian looks good but it's not the same level like Ox yet," Klopp added. "He's running a lot outside, but he was out a long time and he's a young boy. It would be nice for him to have a minute but it's not important.

Last edited:
Probably been posted somewhere but anyway :

FIRMINO (ready for Everton)
Klopp (pre-Watford) : “We play tomorrow and it will be very close for that, but there’s a big chance for the derby [on Sunday].

GOMEZ (ready for Spurs)
Liverpool hope to have Joe Gomez fit and available for next month's crunch Premier League clash with title rivals Tottenham.

OX (ready for Spurs)
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain edges closer to his comeback. England centre-back Gomez, who has been sidelined since early December, is stepping up his rehabilitation programme outside at Melwood - some three weeks after undergoing surgery on his leg.
The 21-year-old defender will miss the upcoming games against Watford, Everton, Burnley, Bayern Munich and Fulham, but is on course to be available for the visit of Spurs after the international break on March 31.

LOVREN (ready for Burnley)
Klopp expects to have Dejan Lovren back available for Liverpool's home clash with Burnley a week on Sunday. “Dejan is looking good and now starts proper training. He could be ready again after Everton,” Klopp confirmed.

BREWSTER (Next Season)
Young Reds striker Rhian Brewster, who has been sidelined for more than a year following ankle and knee operations, is also on the comeback trail.
Klopp says the teenage frontman could potentially make his senior debut before the end of the season but the manager is more interested in having him firing on all cylinders for the start of pre-season in July.
Rhian looks good but it's not the same level like Ox yet," Klopp added. "He's running a lot outside, but he was out a long time and he's a young boy. It would be nice for him to have a minute but it's not important.

The quote under Ox is about Gomez.

Cheers. Amended !

Thanks for compiling this all in one place, very helpful. BTW CL quarters are Apr 9-10 & 16-17, semis are Apr 30-May1 and a week later. So going by that timeframe Ox is a possibility for mid to late April, which means the last 3-5 league games. Unless this is an overly cautious prognosis and he actually comes back much earlier, this doesn't seem like he can give us a decisive boost for the title challenge. If he could come back for Spurs on 3/31, that would be another matter.

Liverpool midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is on the brink of making his eagerly-awaited return to action after 11 months on the sidelines.

The England international is in contention to feature for the club's under-23s in Premier 2 over the coming week. Jurgen Klopp is keen for Oxlade-Chamberlain to get some game time under his belt for Neil Critchley's side in order to build up his match fitness before considering him for a first-team comeback.

Liverpool will make a late decision on whether the 25-year-old is involved in Monday night's mini derby against Everton at Anfield. If Oxlade-Chamberlain doesn't play a part against the Blues then Friday's clash at Derby County is likely to be his return date.

Last edited:
Looks like the club decided against playing Ox in the U23 derby today; his return to competitive action planned for Friday against Derby.

Will that game be local? Didn’t we have thousands turn up for an U-23 game when Gerrard was returning from an injury?

This lad probably wont play before pre season, but I’d love for him to succeed.

Rhian Brewster: “I do love this club. I want to finish my career here. I want to be one of the best strikers that has ever played for Liverpool.”

He'll succeed.
You've seen him play more than most. I've only seen highlights and he looked exciting/talented.

But is he talented enough to compete with our current front 3? And where do you see him breaking into the team? Wide left (cutting in)? Or CF?

Hahaha! I’m back to Nottingham tomorrow so I’ll be local, but fuck watching a bunch of kids and the Ox having a kickabout on a Friday night.

So had it been a Tuesday you’d have been game?

Reactions: Ijg
You've seen him play more than most. I've only seen highlights and he looked exciting/talented.

But is he talented enough to compete with our current front 3? And where do you see him breaking into the team? Wide left (cutting in)? Or CF?

I'd say, next season, he could start complementing them rather than competing with them. He's not really a carbon copy of any of them, and it'll be very interesting to see what he's learnt and added to his game from watching all three while in rehab. What I'd expect is for him to be the sub who comes on for whichever of them needs a rest. He can play wide, he can play as a conventional centre forward, he can play deeper. How he develops is something we can only wait and see, but he's got a great all round game, he's a precociously smart footballer and there's a real touch of magic about him.

Well, he lasted 40 minutes. It was a predictably low key return. I think after about ten minutes he maybe felt a tightness/twinge in his right hamstring - he seemed to feel it a bit - and for ten minutes after that he sensibly kept to the middle of the pitch, some cautious jogging, then he seemed to regain his confidence and hit a few decent passes. But it was a decent workout after so long out.

Good to see Nate Phillips back too – he looks assured at the back, covering for Hoever at RB who got bypassed a few times why some naive positional play. Adam Lewis looks good at DM, got a nice range of passing on him. Woodburn very quiet up front, doesn't really trouble their defenders. Camacho needs to improve his pressing. Curtis Jones so far the stand-out player for me, scored the only goal of the game, had another good chance and generally is in the middle of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom