• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jamal Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly suspect the “bid” placed just prior to our meeting with Olympiakos was aimed at encouraging the Greeks to deal quickly and cheaply

It seems like part of the issue is how we supposedly leaked this in the media more so than usual.

I really don't think that's true. Everyone at the club was really stung by the Van Dyke affair, and since then it's been like getting blood from a stone as fair as hacks are concerned. I think Norwich got cocky and talked a lot, really loving the 'LFC have met their match' crap that they encouraged. Then suddenly the rug was pulled from beneath hem, they ended up on their arses and they feel humiliated. Hence the childish nonsense now.

We've been brilliant. Where do other clubs go now that they can't expect us to haggle like we're on holibobs in a Turkish market town? We've seized the initiative and set the tone for the rest of the window. I think it's great.

I really don't think that's true. Everyone at the club was really stung by the Van Dyke affair, and since then it's been like getting blood from a stone as fair as hacks are concerned. I think Norwich got cocky and talked a lot, really loving the 'LFC have met their match' crap that they encouraged. Then suddenly the rug was pulled from beneath hem, they ended up on their arses and they feel humiliated. Hence the childish nonsense now.

We've been brilliant. Where do other clubs go now that they can't expect us to haggle like we're on holibobs in a Turkish market town? We've seized the initiative and set the tone for the rest of the window. I think it's great.
That's where I'm at. Even if they wanted Lewis a bit more, by taking the stance they did & moving so decisively it will massively help going for other players this window.

That is only true as far as average squad players go. We will not haggle for ordinary players with several dozen equivalent alternatives to choose from. Like seriously, no shit Sherlock. Who knew it would take someone as stupid as our former employees at Norwich to put that to the test? But when it comes to the types of players I'd hope we would go for, where there aren't equivalent alternatives because of how special they are, then those clubs will still see what's what and double their valuation out of thin air because they can.

That is only true as far as average squad players go. We will not haggle for ordinary players with several dozen equivalent alternatives to choose from. Like seriously, no shit Sherlock. Who knew it would take someone as stupid as our former employees at Norwich to put that to the test? But when it comes to the types of players I'd hope we would go for, where there aren't equivalent alternatives because of how special they are, then those clubs will still see what's what and double their valuation out of thin air because they can.

It was ever thus. But that's limited to the VVDs of this world. What we needed to stop, and we've been arsed around by it for decades, is clubs like Norwich messing us around for ages for squad players. And that line has been drawn in the sand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom