• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kai Havertz asks to leave Bayer Leverkusen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't depute that, but I thing you missed the point... FSG could advance LFC/klopp funds and take it back from the gate receipts over the next two or three seasons. Let Klopp buy the likes of Kia Haverts, Sancho, Werner etc, at this rate we will end up with a team of old players. Mark my words it 3rd or 4th place at best next season
Lol Chelsea have got Werner and how were the 3rd or 4th best side in the league . Fuck off

I love that De Gea is going into meltdown, as weve seen numerous times in the last 30 years nothing errodes confidence in a defence faster than a hopeless goalkeeper. Utd will score lots of goals next year but concede too many to be serious challengers.

Us and City are still the two best sides, we will have at least a season before Chelsea can form a cohesive team from all their attacking options. But in the longer term yes we do need to be very concerned, City have reached the end of the cycle with the likes of Silva, Aguero, Fernandinho, Otamendi to follow Kompany out the door. They are all fantastic players but none of them are able to play 30+ games at 100% anymore. We should see that as a warning not an opportunity. Our squad is probably at its peak or just easing past it, City chose not to replace key players and get the maximum they could from the squad, now they have an aging squad that needs a major overhaul.

Thats not the position we want to be in 2 years from now, thats whwn we will be looking at 4th place.

Why would the team with:-
  1. the best goalie in the world
  2. the best centre half in the world
  3. fullbacks as good as any in the world
  4. an attack as good as any in the world
  5. the best defensive midfielder in the league
  6. the best defence in the league
not be challenging for the league again?

1 Best goalie maybe
2 best CB in the world maybe... There is a lack of real cover for VVD, and Gomez, and Matip are good CB, not great Centre Backs VVD can not be everywhere at once
3 we have very good fullbacks going forward, but not so good defensively
3-0 to Watford
4. Any attack that can struggle when one of them is not playing so well... We have no quality cover for the front three
5 arguable, but we have no real creative in midfield either. defend is only half the game
6 the best defence in the league. That was before lockdown, how well has it operated since, plus next season is a different ball game

1. ha ha ha ha
2. maybe? fucking hell. Are you dreamy in disguise?
3. ONE GAME? ONE GAME? Are you dreamy in disguise?
4. Yes, but you didn't answer the question.
5. Who's a better DM than Fabinho? Kante? This year!? Are you dreamy in disguise?
6. So before lockdown, they were the best. Now with the league all but wrapped up, they are not the best anymore. ok.

1. ha ha ha ha
2. maybe? fucking hell. Are you dreamy in disguise?
3. ONE GAME? ONE GAME? Are you dreamy in disguise?
4. Yes, but you didn't answer the question.
5. Who's a better DM than Fabinho? Kante? This year!? Are you dreamy in disguise?
6. So before lockdown, they were the best. Now with the league all but wrapped up, they are not the best anymore. ok.

If our key players get injured the replacements are poor.

Chelsea need to buy as many players as they can before Abromovich and his money gets banned from the UK.
Also, how do all these players fit in and is Lampard experienced/skilled enough to manage such a big squad (when those such as Klopp say it’s impossible to generate the team ethic required with such big numbers).

Straight off the bat they lose Pedro and Willian so you’re actually looking to sign two really good players just to stand still (the last of which has probably been in their best 2 players for the last 3 seasons) and new players from outside the league can take time to settle and some never do.

Tammy Abraham, Hudson Odoi, Giroud, Ziyech, Werner and Pulisic have to fit into their front 3... they can’t, and NONE of them will sit around. Midfielders of Havertz, Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley, Kante, wee Billy Gilmour, Mount and Loftus Cheek into 3 positions???

And yet the defence looks soft, the gk looks shot, and they have 50 young players out on loan with 1/100 chances of ever making a first team appearance. Forgive me if I’m not salivating at the thought of copying Chelsea

Hope to god we manage to keep Sadio Mo Virgil fit all next season again... as well as Robbo and Trent who I don't recall picking up injuries.

Don't think Alisson will be injured this time out, Hendo Fab Bobby would be a bonus.

Hope to god we manage to keep Sadio Mo Virgil fit all next season again... as well as Robbo and Trent who I don't recall picking up injuries.

Don't think Alisson will be injured this time out, Hendo Fab Bobby would be a bonus.

Thing with injuries is that no one can predict when they will happen and to whom

Talk one of the front three out and replace them with Origi or the Ox and where would you rate them...? 10th best in the world, 20th, 50th..?
Lose two.... Forget about it

you have 2 of the top players in the world right now in mane & salah. So if we'd lose Bobby, it would still be top 10 easy imo.
just appreciate how good this team is -

Thing with injuries is that no one can predict when they will happen and to whom
True but you can look at injury records which state Virgil Mo Mane have hardly missed a game for us through injury in 2-3 seasons. Don’t think Trent/Robbo have either.

Remember that time against Everton in the league when we were missing half our best players and we lost.....

.... me neither.... because our sub standard team twatted them.

you have 2 of the top players in the world right now in mane & salah. So if we'd lose Bobby, it would still be top 10 easy imo.
just appreciate how good this team is -

It is how good they have been overall this seaseon, at times we have look pretty average and have won ugly...
And have you have seen with Bobby he is the oil that let's Mane and Salah perform to thier best. Lose Mane and we are found wanting...

I know how good the 13 players we have can be (the combination of the starting 11 and one or two on the bench) but the lack of a creative player, some one that has the vision and can unlock a defence with a pass, and a quaility striker that can slot in to the front three with little or no drop off in quaility means we have to keep players fit. Add to that the need for a Quaility CB

Getting a loan to fix lost income isn’t a reasonable strategy. This could fall foul from FFP (sniggers). The further issue is reducing future spending. Repaying a loan over 3 or 4 years would impede our spending on those seasons.

As a whole or first 11-13 players are sound. Would easily make top 2. Our issues lie with the squad players. This is why we should wait to see how the market reacts. Other clubs may need to offload certain players that would improve our overall squad.

There is no need getting knickers in a twist over not getting the top top players now. I’d rather have as much available in 2-3 years when Mané and Salah will have to be replaced.

If FSG gives Klopp a, lets say £100m advance against future transfer funds, and lets say that every season the gate receipts,merchandising,sponsorship,selling players etc adds up to a £100m a season in transfer fund, paying it back over 3-4 years is good business...

You buy a Haverts, Sancho, Werner or Mbappe (All young players in their early 20's) for that £100m and you have them for 4-5 year plus (under the contract they sign for, bearing in mind that the club could offer a new contact at any time) We are covered for that position with a Qualiity player for the next 4 years plus and don't have to go look for a player a while.. And the other advange is as those players get better they will cost more to buy

And it would still leave £75m per-season but, to tin ker with a more solid looking team

It is how good they have been overall this seaseon, at times we have look pretty average and have won ugly...

Great teams win ugly. THat's why Ferguson has over 10 of these titles.
Give me 10 more without being great every fucking game, and winning ugly, and I'm still fucking happy.

Jesus H CHrist - did we not just win the league? Where the fuck did all these doom mongers crawl out from.

God knows. Some people are never happy.

Reminds me of that time I won the lottery - $40 million.
Was so angry I didn't win $45 million that I just gave it all away to some dude not Bezos. Wonder what happened to him?

Yes we were first past the line in terms of winning the Title, and It means the world to me that we won it.

But I am not happy with winning it just this season I want it again next season and the season after that. And to do that we have to strenghten...
Yes we won the title by a country mile, but If you believe that we were that good alone, and City did not under perform :yawn:

Man City 17/18 points total 100

Man City 18/19 points total 98

Man City 19/20 points total 84 (At Best)

They are looking to strenghting along with Chelsea and Man Utd

But never mind we can live off buzz of winning this title for another 30 years

But never mind we can live off buzz of winning this title for another 30 years

Pretty much the only thing that worries me.
"Why worry we won it last season".
"We won it 2 years ago, calm down".
"We won it 3 years ago, chill out".
"So what if it's been X years? We're still the most successful team in history".
"Come on Chelsea, you only need to a point against Luton in order to leapfrog Man U".
"I think City can win their remaining 3 games and put pressure on Man U".
"I think finishing 4th is a tremendous achievement"

NOBODY is like :" ah who cares , we won it last season."

Some people , however, are nerds who can't switch off and enjoy being the league champions for the first time in 30 years , Jesus Christ - I'll worry about next season when next season starts !

I am enjoying it...But I would enjoy it more if I could see that we were strenghten for next seaon

The next season started for Us the moment we won the Title, with nothing else left to play for. Part of that season is preparation, and identifying the weak links and where you need to strenghten...

Don't know how long I have before I die, but I don't want to be in my dotage before we win the next one

You'll end up dead a hell of a lot quicker if you keep stressing about lack of signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom