• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Karius concussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the pictures at the end of the game where our entire team left him devastated in the goal on the ground on his own didn't sit well with me at all.

We sing YNWA even when losing in the final minutes and sang it in Istanbul yet our own players turned the back him.

And now it appears there may have been a valid reason for the complete fuck up.

It just sours the whole YNWA image for me but I'm probably alone in that thinking, no pun intended

Fuck we just lost a final after 90 heart wrenching minutes.

Did you expect the players to get to their feet and start singing YNWA in a circle?

Did you expect the players to get to their feet and start singing YNWA in a circle?
And then a circle jerk.

I clapped Robbo, Lovren and Hendo off, they were the first ones down to our end at full time.

Then I fucked off out the ground. I wanted a pint.

Am I a cunt for letting him walk alone?

I clapped Robbo, Lovren and Hendo off, they were the first ones down to our end at full time.

Then I fucked off out the ground. I wanted a pint.

Am I a cunt for letting him walk alone?

Yeah. But when the pints cost 60 cents or so it is worth it!!

I hadn't thought of it, but now that you mention it, that would have been great.

The rest of the players, encircling Karius while singling YNWA and doing a circle jerk. That may have made the night worth remembering.

I hadn't thought of it, but now that you mention it, that would have been great.

The rest of the players, encircling Karius while singling YNWA and doing a circle jerk. That may have made the night worth remembering.
Might have known that would appeal to you.

Well if our motto is you never walk alone it hasn't really been fucking evident for Karius has it with the dead threats etc.

He may not be good enough but he's not a disrespecting prick like Diouf for example.

The behaviour of some of our fans has been disgraceful.

A very small minority of fucking total idiots...

I agree it’s bang out of order, but then I am old fashioned and firmly believe that Twitter contains the wrong vowel in it.

To your other point of thinking Karius should have been consoled by the other team mates.... nah... they needed consolation just as much as he did and that was predominantly his fault I imagine his teammates were fucking fuming at two unbelievable blunders which destroyed an entire season of their efforts. IF he can recover then fair play to him, you certainly can’t get any lower in the sport. Two weeks after the event we have all calmed down a bit and if a player is wearing the shirt they will always have my support... that said he hasn’t done enough to earn it has he.

So far other players have been less than supportive of Karius. Courtois said it was "strange" to blame concussion for the errors, now this:

Pretty poor of them. Maybe they don't realise that not all concussions are immediately obvious to the person affected. I guess they're asked the question but it's a pity they don't show a bit of caution in the way they answer.

Oh well I must say im massively surprised that he is being a bit ridiculed and we are being called out for a bullshit and slightly embarassing excuse making exercise.

Lets say for the sake of argument he was concussed (he wasnt!), shut the fuck up about it and say fuck all. Because what do you acheive by getting this fucking tragic story out there?

To try and pull the wool over your own fans eyes is distasteful, to do it in a way were we look pathetic and weak and mealy mouthed is a real fucking joke.

This club STILL does some fucking stupid shit.

Would Karius get to eat the biscuit, as a consolation?

Why are we collectively picking a scab.

I can forget all sorts of miserable indignities, otherwise I would have killed myself long ago. It all works better if you just pretend this never existed. I can't remember anything about that other champions league final, but I remember every kick of the one we won.

If head injuries are an explanation for instances of shit Karius' keeping, then the fucker is riddled with the CTE of a fat samoan defensive linemen.

Consoling a player after those motherfucking calamitous errors would have been nothing more than patronizing bullshit. You would have still known that there they were, arm around his shoulder, thinking “cry like a bitch - coz you just singlehandedly lost us the final, you shite cunt”.

And not just one of the most stupid egregious errors ever in a cup final, but two. Two. The second of which was almost a carbon copy of the spasmodic error he made in the Roma game - but was just fortunate to have been saved by the crossbar. He just doesn’t read those shots straight at him from 35 yards.

Please just stop with the YNWA and embarrassing concussion bollocks. Every single one of us has played football through worse hits and we weren’t “concussed” to a point where we would have made one of those errors, let alone two. Take it for what it is. We need a better goalie.

Oh well I must say im massively surprised that he is being a bit ridiculed and we are being called out for a bullshit and slightly embarassing excuse making exercise.

Lets say for the sake of argument he was concussed (he wasnt!), shut the fuck up about it and say fuck all. Because what do you acheive by getting this fucking tragic story out there?

To try and pull the wool over your own fans eyes is distasteful, to do it in a way were we look pathetic and weak and mealy mouthed is a real fucking joke.

This club STILL does some fucking stupid shit.

I really don't understand why you decided this is a PR exercise. So we paid a bunch of American doctors to falsify a medical report (which is probably illegal to do BTW) just to be pilloried as sore losers by everyone in football? This makes no sense. What does make sense is that Karius actually had a concussion because he was, in fact, elbowed in the head and the club tested him as they should (again, not because they were looking for excuses but because they had reason to suspect our player may have gotten a bloody concussion) and reported the results of the tests accurately. That's all. I would understand Real fans gloating over this, but not our own.

What an utter cunt bag:

Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos says an initial "arm grab" by Mohamed Salah led to the Liverpool forward's injury in the Champions League final.

Salah, 25, left the field in tears with a shoulder injury and has since had surgery on the problem.

Spaniard Ramos also collided with Reds goalkeeper Loris Karius, who suffered concussion in the 3-1 defeat in Kiev.

"I am only missing Roberto Firmino saying he got a cold because a drop of my sweat landed on him," said Ramos.

Ramos also claimed Salah could have played on in the match "if he got an injection for the second half".

Salah landed heavily on his shoulder midway through the first half against Real. Despite the injury he has been selected for Egypt's upcoming World Cup campaign in Russia.

Many Liverpool supporters blamed Ramos for the clash, which went unpunished by the referee, saying he inflicted a judo-style move on his opponent and a petition was raised calling for Fifa and Uefa to punish the Spain international.

An Egyptian lawyer also filed a lawsuit worth £874m against Ramos for the "physical and psychological harm" caused to the people of Egypt.
Two major errors by Karius helped Real to victory and doctors who assessed the German in the USA say it was "possible" the injury "would affect performance".

Ramos, 32, told AS: "Bloody hell, they have given this Salah thing a lot of attention. I didn't want to speak because everything is magnified.
"I see the play well, he grabs my arm first and I fell to the other side, the injury happened to the other arm and they said that I gave him a judo hold. After that the goalkeeper said I dazed him with a clash.

"I spoke with Salah through messages, he was quite good. He could have played if he got an injection for the second half, I have done it sometimes but when Ramos does something like this, it sticks a little bit more.

"I don't know if it is because you are at Madrid for so long and win for so long that people look at it a different way."

You're always going to get shit for making excuses (valid or not) after losing.

Real are cunts and proved it on the night. But they won. Nobody will remember or care about Salah going off or the potential impact of a concussion. The only thing that matters is who won.

I really don't understand why you decided this is a PR exercise. So we paid a bunch of American doctors to falsify a medical report (which is probably illegal to do BTW) just to be pilloried as sore losers by everyone in football? This makes no sense. What does make sense is that Karius actually had a concussion because he was, in fact, elbowed in the head and the club tested him as they should (again, not because they were looking for excuses but because they had reason to suspect our player may have gotten a bloody concussion) and reported the results of the tests accurately. That's all. I would understand Real fans gloating over this, but not our own.
Im not gloating. Its shit

German publication Bild have taken the bold step to rescind Karius’ rating from after the game, having deemed the 24-year-old the worst player on the pitch.

“We draw our consequences from the diagnosis. We are rescinding the 6 rating [lowest possible rating in German rating system - RB] for the former Mainz player,” they wrote.

“You can’t measure his blunders by normal standards because of the concussion.

“It’s a fact: the diagnosis won’t hand Karius and Liverpool the trophy, but it will restore the goalkeepers honour!”

==========

If nothing else, this revelation will help to restore his reputation in Germany, making it more likely that a club like Dortmund offers decent money for him and thus enabling us to spend a few more millions on Oblak/Alisson.

Last edited:
The whole final thing has turned into an embarrassing mess, I hope there are no lasting effects.
Salah whinging, this whole blame Ramos ethos, the Karius fuck-ups, the 'concussion', fan death threats, the "let's petition UEFA" ... the list goes on.
It's embarrassing and there's only us who does stuff like this. Kin hell.

When did Salah whinge? I thought he said the injury was an accident and no blame on Ramos

He cried like his little sister when he went off. For no other reasons than HIS game was over and HIS world cup might be fucked.

It's pretty embarrassing really. Not only have we had to endure the taunts of Everton and United bellends (aswell as everyone else), some idiot then starts a fucking petition to have the game replayed. WHAT?

It galls that Ramos got away with what he did, it really does, but the best reaction is to learn from our mistakes and next time make sure we are tougher and better. More confident, more aggressive and not allowing that cunt an inch. And hopefully, having someone hard enough to stamp their mark on him from the get go.

It was a bad result marred by two moments of disgraceful play from Ramos, and the game you always knew Karius had in his locker. He was good for a couple of months, but all over the place in the last several games - punches everywhere, indecision, being left in no mans land when coming for the ball on a few occasions. This is the player who nearly did an Enckleman in one of his first friendly matches and said afterwards that it was just match sharpness and he wouldn't make errors like that again. I don't buy that the concussion is responsible for him throwing the ball at Benzema. He managed to clear his lines after that, after that inexplicable gaff (he's looking straight at Benzema). We've seen the likes of Skrtel have his head smashed open in games, get taped up and go on to score the winner with his head (against Arsenal). It's excuse making bollocks.

I feel sorry for him, but he shouldn't be anywhere near our first team next season, not just based on falling to pieces in our biggest game in years and costing us the result, but for his previous form (other than a couple of months where he was decent), the other 18 months where he was unreliable and not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom