• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kenny Huang leading serious bid for LFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Redshrek link=topic=41235.msg1158086#msg1158086 date=1282301732]
Got a bit info, apparently its 60-40 in favour of the americans refinancing.
[/quote]

Would that make any sense after all that's been said?

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=41235.msg1157945#msg1157945 date=1282293657]
[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=41235.msg1157939#msg1157939 date=1282293535]
[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=41235.msg1157936#msg1157936 date=1282293432]
I dont get how him improving his offer is definitely good?

If I were bidding for something & had to up the bid, either I fucked up completely & offered too little, panicked & upped it, meaning I'm a nob, or I was outbid. If it's the latter it suggests valuations have a fair bit of swing, which isnt good, & the start of a bidding war, which isnt good, cos the more money spent to buy the club the more the yanks get profit & the less cash goes towards players.
[/quote]

Or it could indicate that the muppets have said they wont sell for £325M but will sell for £400M
[/quote]

Also not a good thing. If that's the case he's the WORST negotiator since Waco.

"I will give you 325m"

"No. We want 400m"

"Ok. 400m"
[/quote]

Well they did originally want £600-800M didnt they?

Got a bit info, apparently its 60-40 in favour of the americans refinancing. Fucking hell! Oh and we are close to finalising a deal on a striker no names though.
[/quote]

That would be the worse scenario possible.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=41235.msg1158141#msg1158141 date=1282306180]
Got a bit info, apparently its 60-40 in favour of the americans refinancing. Fucking hell! Oh and we are close to finalising a deal on a striker no names though.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I cant think of anything worse. These Two Twats, must die.

[/quote]
Toivonen it is then.

Or Robinho?

is there really a serious chance of them securing refinancing? the debt to the banks was £240m, plus £60m per these reported PIK fees...we can't be far off the debt being worth more than the shares themselves. do ocean finance even have that sort of capital at their disposal?

i'm sceptical. anyone have a firm idea how likely this is?

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=41235.msg1158141#msg1158141 date=1282306180]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Which probably means it will happen.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=41235.msg1158081#msg1158081 date=1282301585]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=41235.msg1158062#msg1158062 date=1282300425]
We're being sold, there are a number of parties interested. The Board will pick a deal that suits the Yanks and we'll have new owners soon thereafter.
[/quote]

So it won't neccesarily be , as Broughton states, the best deal for the club and he thus risks his reputation and integrity if we land a duffer again ?
[/quote]

Any deal sending Hicks and Gillette on their fucking heads out of the Sport business will be good for the club.

What bank would refinance anything with these two clowns? I can't see that happening. The club needs to be sold, and every party involved knows that, except our two owners of course.

Oh, and didn't the Echo say that the board has blocked every attempt H&G have tried regarding refinancing?

Ross, you're wrong on so many things in that reply. But you believe your end of the stick.

Quote from: Bamba on Today at 03:31:18 PM
I don’t think I’m breaching the terms of my ASBO in telling you that Peter Kenyon is nowhere near Huang‘s group. Burly stopper Roger Kenyon has more chance of having a say

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=41235.msg1158257#msg1158257 date=1282319718]
What bank would refinance anything with these two clowns? I can't see that happening. The club needs to be sold, and every party involved knows that, except our two owners of course.

Oh, and didn't the Echo say that the board has blocked every attempt H&G have tried regarding refinancing?

Ross, you're wrong on so many things in that reply. But you believe your end of the stick.
[/quote]

Right.

Tell me what the real position is then Hansern.

[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=41235.msg1158266#msg1158266 date=1282321368]
Are you two at different ends of the same stick or is it a different stick?
[/quote]

Yes, that is the pertinent question!

Liverpool bidder Kenny Huang: the statements so far
By Nick Harris
20 August 2010
Confusion continues to surround the putative bid for Liverpool by the New York-based businessman, Kenny Huang, after reports that the former Chelsea chief executive, Peter Kenyon, has been acting as an advisor to Mr Huang for several months. There have also been mixed reports about the ongoing involvement (or not) of one of Huang’s business associates, Chicago-based Marc Ganis.
It has also been rumoured that Mr Huang will release a statement at some stage today clarifying his situation in relation to Liverpool, following reports that he is unhappy with the Liverpool board’s handling of the sale process.
Amid many contradictory briefings and statements emanating from China, Hong Kong, London and the USA, Mr Huang himself and / or people confirmed to represent him have made relatively few on-the-record statements.
They were:
4 August: STATEMENT ISSUED ON BEHALF OF KENNY HUANG
(by Hill & Knowlton)
“In response to widespread media reports that Kenny Huang had made a formal bid for Liverpool Football Club, Mr. Huang would like to emphasize that he has registered interest in investing in Liverpool FC but has made no formal bid. There has been much speculation and commentary from a wide array of people, many of whom have little knowledge of the facts. Unless there is a statement that specifically comes from Mr. Huang or his authorized representatives, which presently is solely Hill & Knowlton Hong Kong office, we would suggest such comments should be given little credence. At this point in time there is nothing further for Mr. Huang to announce. If there comes a time where this changes, we will make the appropriate announcements.â€
Later on 4 August: STATEMENT FROM KENNETH HUANG REGARDING LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB
(Sent from Mr Huang’s own mobile phone, to Chinese media)
“With reference to the recent media reports regarding Mr Huang’s investment interest in Liverpool Football Club, Mr Huang would like to emphasize that he is not able to offer any comment at this stage. Mr Huang would also like to deny that there is any involvement of Mainland China state-owned enterprises in his business dealings. If there is any related development, he will make a further announcement.â€
5 August
Agnes Suen, spokesperson for Kenny Huang, speaking on his behalf from the Hong Kong office of Hill & Knowlton
“We will not confirm or deny any matter associated with the Liverpool Football Club unless and until we and the representatives of Liverpool FC have chosen to do so jointly.â€
10 August
From Marc Ganis, Huang’s long-term business associate in SportsCorp China
“Among the most important points I have tried to get out, either directly or through Kenny’s releases, is that no proposal [in relation to a Liverpool bid] has been made and no decision to offer a proposal has been made.â€
This was part of a longer explanatory statement from Mr Ganis to this website. Mr Ganis had also spoken on the record to the AP news agency in an interview arranged by Hill & Knowlton, and to at least one British newspaper.
12 August
Kenny Huang talked about Liverpool, on the record and at length, with a magazine that he owns in China. The original interview in Chinese is here. In the interview, Huang talked about the strength of his rival bidders’ offers, although it is not clear how he would know detailed information about these rivals. Huang also rated his chances of buying Liverpool at 50 per cent.
It is not known when or if Kenny Huang has signed a confidentiality agreement with Liverpool.

Page last updated at 19:08 GMT, Friday, 20 August 2010 20:08 UK
E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Kenny Huang ends interest in Liverpool takeover

Huang had expressed an interest in buying the club

Hong Kong businessman Kenny Huang has ruled himself out of the running to buy Liverpool Football Club.

A statement issued on Friday said Huang and his company QSL Sports were pulling out of takeover talks with the club.

The statement did not elaborate on Huang's reasons for withdrawing from negotiations to buy the Anfield club.

"We thank the many Liverpool fans who expressed support for our efforts and wish the club great success in the years to come," Huang said.

"I am now considering my future options and will be making no further comment at this time."

More to follow.

Fucking 20000 views for fuck all. Fucking commie bastards!!! Fuck!!!

[quote author=Wilko link=topic=41235.msg1158460#msg1158460 date=1282337574]
Fuck him. He was all talk.

[/quote]

A gobby chancer.

[quote author=bkwitche link=topic=41235.msg1153578#msg1153578 date=1281707579]
[quote author=bkwitche link=topic=41235.msg1148171#msg1148171 date=1280934043]
I can see now that nothing is actually going to take place.

As usual, we get the initial excitement of someone making a bid for the club followed up by a few days of rehashing the same information and now

Bullshit and retractions.
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=41235.msg1158462#msg1158462 date=1282337611]
[quote author=Wilko link=topic=41235.msg1158460#msg1158460 date=1282337574]
Fuck him. He was all talk.

[/quote]

A gobby chancer.
[/quote]

Pique?

G&H: (grinning & putting on the best of charm) thank you kind sir. But please dont get upset, pls add an extra 1m as we have dogs and lawyers and bankers to feed.

KH: ajjsbhxxw hhahah yywuah!!!!
*walks off*

ha, I think i preferred it when you littered every thread with pics of what you had for breakfast/lunch/dinner

I have no more stomach for those when all the home silverwares are being auctioned off

Lads accept it.

We're *NEVER* gonna get new owners, not with the 2 clowns still in charge.

It's evidently clear that these buffoons want to make as much profit as possible from a sale and nobody in this economy will ever be able to match their evaluation. Unless, of course a miracle happens.

Ask yourselves this - how often do miracles happen at Liverpool ? The last notable one I can remember is Istanbul and Torres joining us.

[quote author=My_Blood_Bleeds_Red link=topic=41235.msg1158621#msg1158621 date=1282369341]
Lads accept it.

We're *NEVER* gonna get new owners, not with the 2 clowns still in charge.

It's evidently clear that these buffoons want to make as much profit as possible from a sale and nobody in this economy will ever be able to match their evaluation. Unless, of course a miracle happens.

Ask yourselves this - how often do miracles happen at Liverpool ? The last notable one I can remember is Istanbul and Torres joining us.
[/quote]

Er, it's kinda required for these two clowns to be in charge for them to sell to someone else. Might not be easy but they are the owners and will be until we have new owners.

There was/is a realistic chance that H&G will remain as owners in spite of what RBS wants and in spite of what our Chairman promised.

I had and still have major doubts about Huang's capability to finance the deal. Even in his latest press release, he says something along the lines of "I'm no longer interested" - no mention of the collective opinion of his backers. Considering the fact that he does not even have the capacity to own 10% of total investment required with his own money, i would have thought he would have given a bit more importance to his backers opinion as opposed to his.

This is like a classic case of Market Makers play to make money on short term volatility - leveraged pump and dump on a stock.

By getting himself involved in a nearly 1 billion US$ investment deal and dropping out late in the game he has generated hype to propel him further as a deal maker - which is what he is. But he has never done anything even half as big, has he? Now he can get backers for deals of this kind more readily....so i have my doubts about this guy.

Hopefully there is someone else who can quietly do a deal without having to make so much fuss - someone from the multi-billionaire club or a big sovereign fund which does not need to be audited - but the chances are very low.

If not H&G are as good as anyone else. The economy is such anyone of their stature and wealth would have had similar issues.

Hopefully things will improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom