• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kenny Huang leading serious bid for LFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=RolandG link=topic=41235.msg1157170#msg1157170 date=1282221082]
[quote author=Paddy link=topic=41235.msg1157168#msg1157168 date=1282220900]
According to Tony Evans (on a live web cast chat) he say's that the Chinese will spend £800 million in the short term. This would be takeover price, players, and the stadium.
[/quote]

Where is Tony Evans getting his information from?
[/quote]

Same place as Barrett.

Huang's PR people.

Former Chelsea Chief Kenyon Is Said to Be Hired by QSL in Liverpool Bid

Former Chelsea and Manchester United Chief Executive Officer Peter Kenyon is negotiating for QSL Sports Ltd. in its effort to buy 18-time English soccer champion Liverpool, according to three people familiar with the situation.

Kenyon, whose teams won five league titles with him in charge, has been in talks with Liverpool Chairman Martin Broughton and Barclays Capital, after they were hired by Liverpool co-owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks to sell the club in April.

Kenyon, 56, wouldn’t have a seat on Liverpool’s board if Hong Kong-based QSL bought the team, said the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of sensitivity of the talks. Kenyon was named CEO at Manchester United in 2000, then joined Chelsea following billionaire Roman Abramovich’s 2003 takeover. He left the West London club last year.

Hill & Knowlton, a public relations company hired by QSL co-founder Kenny Huang, declined to comment. Liverpool spokesman Ian Cotton said the club doesn’t comment on the sales process.

Hicks and Gillett bought the club in February 2007 for 219 million pounds, including debt, or $431.7 million at the exchange rate then. The team’s parent company, Kop Football (Holdings) Ltd., now had has debts of 351 million pounds ($549 million. Prospective investors must prove they’ll pay off the current owners’ 237 million-pound debt with Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc, fund a new stadium and pay for squad development.

RBS Debt

The RBS debt matures Oct. 6. If the club isn’t sold by then and the owners can’t get an extension, the U.K. government- controlled bank could take over Liverpool.

QSL is among as many as four bidders for the club, including Syrian Yahya Kirdi, who lives in Canada.

Liverpool’s board said in an Aug. 13 statement it was reviewing a number of bids and would take its time before recommending one.

“The board will continue to act in the best interests of Liverpool Football Club and its supporters, doing all that it can to ensure that the club is ultimately sold to a buyer who has the resources and real commitment to give it a long term, stable and secure funding position,†the board said in a statement.

The people said Kenyon, now a director at management company Creative Artists Agency, has been involved in the talks for months and was hired because of his experience in English soccer. He is charged with determining the feasibility of a bid and to understand the financial structure of Hicks and Gillett’s investment in Liverpool.

From Bloomsberg

Two Chelsea lads negotiating our future, one formerly of Man U and I don't mind too much. Once it gets us closer..

It's good, it means things have moved more further along that we originally thought..and that the Huang Gang are serious.

So it looks like this consortium is part American/ Part Chinese funded?

Peter Kenyon has been engaged by Kenny Huang to lead negotiations for the Chinese consortium in its bid to take over Liverpool. The news emerged as Marc Ganis, the Chicago-based sports executive, was stood down by the Chinese consortium.

Digger understands Ganis has not been involved with Huang since Tuesday this week after what appears to have been a clash of cultures.

Bloomberg reported Kenyon has been involved in talks for several months. He is acting as a consultant on behalf of Huang, having won the mandate through his employer, Creative Artists Agency, whom he joined upon leaving his post as Chelsea's chief executive.
Kenyon, who is also a former chief executive of Manchester United, will not take up any boardroom position at Liverpool in the event of success in Huang's bid.

Meanwhile Ganis, who had assisted Huang's QSL sports group in previous negotiations with US sports franchises and sponsors, has lost his own mandate. It was Ganis who detailed in an interview with the US wire agency the Associated Press on 6 August the merits of Huang's bid.

That interview also carried a warning that rather complicated the negotiations with Liverpool's board, which still includes as directors the American co-owners, Tom Hicks and George Gillett. Ganis said: "What is not one of our goals is the enrichment of the existing owners."

Ganis was not available to respond to Digger's request last night to explain his departure from the Huang consortium.

It is impossible to know for sure why he is no longer part of the bid. But at a time when Hicks and Gillett's principal motivation is to recover some cash value for their equity, the best bet is he has paid for those comments.

Former Manc and Chelsea CEO, A hardcore Chelsea Fan - who else is involved in our takeover? David Gill with Alex Ferguson, Sam Allardyce and Neil Warnock providing transfer advice.

Wilky, don't mind me blathering on this current shadows plays.

Mista, The Art of War paraphrased for the art of football takeaways!

Yup, it will be better if Chinese Footballs Takeaway!

As a matter of fact this email received will enlighten the who process! :)

INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL BANK OF CHINA
TELEX TRANSFER SECTION ASIA PACIFIC
ICBC BUILDING,26 XLA TANG XI LU,
GUANGZHOU.
GUANGDONG PROVINCE, CHINA.

Good day,

I wish to bring to your notice that your information from FR65 of $450.8MUSD was sent from ICBC London authorizing us to release this funds to you.
we advice you to come in person or you send your personal lawyer to our Guangzhou clearing office for clearance and final endorsement to this funds in other to avoid wrong claim.
Thanks
Chief Auditor/Secretary ICBC.

Please Find Attached For More Information

--- LOL---

From the Telegraph today;

Sources close to the sale process were sceptical about the ultimatum on Thursday, suggesting it was a negotiating tactic. Huang’s spokesman said that he would issue a statement in the next 24 hours clarifying his position.

Ah...
The Chinese strategy to say one thing and mean another is about to be actualised.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=41235.msg1157913#msg1157913 date=1282292758]
According to Liverpool.no, Huang has increased his offer from 325 to 400 mill £.
[/quote]

Clever move by Huang. Give G&H a bit of profit and they'll likely take the deal. Appointing Kenyon is a masterstroke considering his premiership experience and expertise in light of Huang earlier published interview where he admitted that his lack of English Premiership business experience is an area where he can improve.

So there seems to be significance movement behind the scenes. That's great news!

If that was the case, it is a fairly significant increase, H&G would be much warmer to the idea and if all the other factors are true, the funding behind it, the commitment to the stadium and money for players, added to the huge potential marketing, it would be very difficult to turn down.

regards

[quote author=singlerider link=topic=41235.msg1157912#msg1157912 date=1282292706]
I really don't like the idea of Kenyon having anything to do with this.

Or breathing for that matter
[/quote]

Agreed, but I'll put up with his involvement if it helps to bring about the right change of ownership. He may be a cnut, but at least this time he's our cnut.

Huang hasn't improved his offer because he's clever, he has improved it because he was outbid. Meaning his initial estimates and presumptions were less than clever.

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=41235.msg1157920#msg1157920 date=1282293032]
If that was the case, it is a fairly significant increase, H&G would be much warmer to the idea and if all the other factors are true, the funding behind it, the commitment to the stadium and money for players, added to the huge potential marketing, it would be very difficult to turn down.

regards
[/quote]

er, where is your Sheik's ransom?

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=41235.msg1157922#msg1157922 date=1282293077]
[quote author=singlerider link=topic=41235.msg1157912#msg1157912 date=1282292706]
I really don't like the idea of Kenyon having anything to do with this.

Or breathing for that matter
[/quote]

Agreed, but I'll put up with his involvement if it helps to bring about the right change of ownership. He may be a cnut, but at least this time he's our cnut.
[/quote]

Urrrrrgh

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=41235.msg1157923#msg1157923 date=1282293121]
Huang hasn't improved his offer because he's clever, he has improved it because he was outbid. Meaning his initial estimates and presumptions were less than clever.
[/quote]

Is this your guess Rosco or do you have knowledge?

I dont get how him improving his offer is definitely good?

If I were bidding for something & had to up the bid, either I fucked up completely & offered too little, panicked & upped it, meaning I'm a nob, or I was outbid. If it's the latter it suggests valuations have a fair bit of swing, which isnt good, & the start of a bidding war, which isnt good, cos the more money spent to buy the club the more the yanks get profit & the less cash goes towards players.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=41235.msg1157936#msg1157936 date=1282293432]
I dont get how him improving his offer is definitely good?

If I were bidding for something & had to up the bid, either I fucked up completely & offered too little, panicked & upped it, meaning I'm a nob, or I was outbid. If it's the latter it suggests valuations have a fair bit of swing, which isnt good, & the start of a bidding war, which isnt good, cos the more money spent to buy the club the more the yanks get profit & the less cash goes towards players.
[/quote]

Or it could indicate that the muppets have said they wont sell for £325M but will sell for £400M

[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=41235.msg1157928#msg1157928 date=1282293238]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it's pretty obvious Jack. Kirdi's bid, was reported as being around the 400m mark a while back.

And as I've repeatedly said the Yanks will not be forced to take a lower value bid for the club. So Huang has to stop the PR charade (we'll make sure the Yanks get nothing) and get down to business.

[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=41235.msg1157928#msg1157928 date=1282293238]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I would say it is the more reasonable hypothesis.

If Huang wants to buy the club, he has to pay market valuation. He has previously indicated he will not pay a penny more. I don't feel making H&G happy is part of his agenda. In fact he is on record saying he does not want to line their pockets with wads of cash. (It was never just up to him).

[/quote]

I thought it was a closed bid process?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom