• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kenny's handling of Carroll

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=47183.msg1415601#msg1415601 date=1319363162]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=47183.msg1415568#msg1415568 date=1319359268]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=47183.msg1415562#msg1415562 date=1319358496]
Its a joke. Not just his treatment of Carroll (score = get dropped) but his treatment of Suarez who is cutting a lonely and frustrating figure doing a job he just isnt suited to.
We need to play the two together.
[/quote]

You typed this "treatment" shite all summer long about Aquilani too. There's a fucking reason why he isn't playing.
[/quote]I think youre thinking of someone else. I quite clearly said a number of times in summer that if Rafa, Roy AND Kenny didnt fancy Aquilani something must be not right there.
I wanted him to stay but I didnt complain about his 'treatment'
I think the treatment of Carroll is poor, and the scoring the being dropped thing is a fucking nightmare reminscent of Keane.
I also think Maxi is being really hard done by. And even Spearing to a lesser extent.
But regarding your Aquilani point I STILL think it was poor judgement to let him go and then sign Henderson for 17m I dont think its helped us at all. Aquilani WAS our best player in pre-season AND has a goal and three assists already this term so im pretty sick thinking that Downig and Henderson and Adam have come in for about 45m and Aquilani, Meireles and to a lesser extent Cole are plying their trade elsewhere for an 8m gain.
So that coupled with Maxi and Carroll being benched has fucked me off.
[/quote]

yeah, tend to agree with your take on aquilani: definite problems there, but still think there's a player in him. assuming we'd bought a different striker, i'd much prefer a front 6 of something like this to the one we've got:

Lucas
Gerrard
Aquilani
Suarez
Kuyt
*Benzema* e.g.

[quote author=peterhague link=topic=47183.msg1415610#msg1415610 date=1319363987]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=47183.msg1415601#msg1415601 date=1319363162]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=47183.msg1415568#msg1415568 date=1319359268]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=47183.msg1415562#msg1415562 date=1319358496]
Its a joke. Not just his treatment of Carroll (score = get dropped) but his treatment of Suarez who is cutting a lonely and frustrating figure doing a job he just isnt suited to.
We need to play the two together.
[/quote]

You typed this "treatment" shite all summer long about Aquilani too. There's a fucking reason why he isn't playing.
[/quote]I think youre thinking of someone else. I quite clearly said a number of times in summer that if Rafa, Roy AND Kenny didnt fancy Aquilani something must be not right there.
I wanted him to stay but I didnt complain about his 'treatment'
I think the treatment of Carroll is poor, and the scoring the being dropped thing is a fucking nightmare reminscent of Keane.
I also think Maxi is being really hard done by. And even Spearing to a lesser extent.
But regarding your Aquilani point I STILL think it was poor judgement to let him go and then sign Henderson for 17m I dont think its helped us at all. Aquilani WAS our best player in pre-season AND has a goal and three assists already this term so im pretty sick thinking that Downig and Henderson and Adam have come in for about 45m and Aquilani, Meireles and to a lesser extent Cole are plying their trade elsewhere for an 8m gain.
So that coupled with Maxi and Carroll being benched has fucked me off.
[/quote]

yeah, tend to agree with your take on aquilani: definite problems there, but still think there's a player in him. assuming we'd bought a different striker, i'd much prefer a front 6 of something like this to the one we've got:

Lucas
Gerrard
Aquilani
Suarez
Kuyt
*Benzema* e.g.
[/quote]I think the things we could and should have done differently are absolute legion to be honest Peter.
In all honesty I dont think Kenny/Comolli or the owners have got all that much right to be honest.
I know some will suggest that retrospectively we are all geniuses but i dont remember much of a clamour for Henderson, Adam, Downing et al or any great positivity around the sale of Meireles.
Its all so very 2002.

He'll start against stoke score and be dropped for the wba game.. kenny he needs prem games!

He needs games, simple as that.
Why did he only get 11 minutes or whatever it was yday?
Scores against Everton, and dropped the next game. Fair enough, with it being United, we need to think about shape and when we haven't got the ball a bit more, but to completley leave him out against Norwich at home doesn't send out great signals about Kenny's belief in him does it?

It will be a monumental cock up if we sell him in january imho. Firstly he hasnt gotten a lengthy run in the team, and secondly the lad is only 22 years old.

Hopefully the rumours about a return to Newcastle are bullshit.

as big a cock up as signing him in the first place? it comes down to money for me: if we're offered close to £20m for him i'd sell, because i'm certain we can get a better striker for that.

[quote author=peterhague link=topic=47183.msg1416070#msg1416070 date=1319406430]
as big a cock up as signing him in the first place? it comes down to money for me: if we're offered close to £20m for him i'd sell, because i'm certain we can get a better striker for that.
[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. But you just know he'll hit form again if he joins someone else. I would at least give him a full season or two, just to see if there is something there. If not, well then sell him. But the lad needs a fair chance andrun of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom