• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp Stropp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Press conf

I hope some the senior player reject the break and want to play anyway.

Can be that some like to take the opportunity to play anyway. But it should be they who take initiative. The club shouldn't decide that a few guys have to stay back at Melwood that week and diversify the squad.

So, Shrewsbury deservedly got a replay after an excellent second half performance that put a few premier league teams efforts against to shame.

Them getting a replay and coming to Anfield is a big deal for them. The players, the fans, the money men. The very swift announcement post the game on Sunday by Klopp that he wouldn't take charge and no senior players would be involved was unequivocal.

Ok, so I agree in principle with his stance around the winter break. The governing bodies asked all premier league teams to respect the break and not organise any games in that period. To then put a caveat in there that the same governing bodies could schedule games, specifically 4th round replays, is contradictory.

Klopp has been very vocal about the schedule and the pressure it puts on players in terms of injury welfare and recovery. At first it might have sounded like a little bit of "sour grapes" from a manager of good first XI but struggling with strength in depth 2 seasons back. The squad is undoubtedly much deeper and stronger now, albeit with a couple of key positions that are exposed, but his message has remained the same.

I'm going to criticise the Jurgen now. But hear me out before grabbing pitchforks and lighted torches! The timing of the announcement for me was too soon. To tell the media and the fans in the immediate aftermath of the game was poor. Why? The opposition were still basking in the joy of their comeback, and enjoying their moment. Making the announcement at that point smacked of a dismissive and disrespectful attitude towards Shrewsbury. Let them enjoy their moment, let the dust settle and then make the announcement. After the club had a chance to sort the ticketing prices out and discuss with Shrewsbury any financial arrangements around potential gate shortfall based on the club's decision.

For clubs like Shrewsbury, coming to Anfield is often a once in a generation occasion, more so after coming from 2 down in the first game. It's a chance for the players and staff to pit their wits against a top team on their own turf, give their fans a day out and almost as importantly provide a club at that level a financial windfall that helps them improve, stay in business, or worry less about finance for a period.

You've just stepped off the pitch having earned a replay against the European champions, you're looking forward to it and the occasion in that moment only to have be told almost immediately that a youth side would be selected and that the home manager wouldn't be there. I'm sure Klopp didn't intend it to come across the way I'm painting it but I'm sure that many of us, being objective, can agree it could have been handled better.

Anyway, enough Klopp bashing! I've said I agree with this stance on the mid winter break. I've agreed with his fixture priorities and squad selection in the main, albeit a couple of times I was worried but the performance and result proved I know very little.

3 months ago the FA cup was an unnecessary distraction from our main aim of winning the title. We were in a good position league wise but we all knew it was early days. Fast forward to now and the league position we find ourselves in. Suddenly, the FA cup is less of a distraction and presents an opportunity to gain further silverware - granted well behind the title and the European Cup. Then I look at last season and Man City and their domestic treble. Great teams are capable of winning multiple major trophies in the same season. Yes the title had to be the main aim and protected. However at this stage with the league table as it is could we afford to give the FA Cup more credence. We've had a run of injuries and those coming back need match fitness. The squad players need match sharpness and the youth get an opportunity as well.

Sunday showed us that Fabinho, Lovren and Matip are short of match fitness and needed that under their belts. Shaqiri hasn't had much game time, Ox has been a little off recently etc etc.

People have posed the question recently to Liverpool fans of; would you sacrifice an unbeaten but title winning season for the European Cup. The only sensible answer is yes. Unbeaten would be amazing but a title and big ears bigger.

Perhaps the poser should be, would we sacrifice an unbeaten but title winning season for winning the FA Cup. In other words, unbeaten in league or the double?

I'd pick the double. Now it's your turn to add your bits and shoot me down, if you feel that way.

Imagine being one of the kids who played in the game, Lovren costs you the win, that cunt gets 2 weeks holiday whilst you’ve got to play at Anfield on a cold wet Wednesday night in the replay.

Imagine being one of the kids who played in the game, Lovren costs you the win, that cunt gets 2 weeks holiday whilst you’ve got to play at Anfield on a cold wet Wednesday night in the replay.
I think they would be made up to play infront of the kop against anyone. Nearly as happy as The Shrewsbury manager knowing that we're going to field our under 23's.
Win win

I think Lovren getting a two break is one of the positives to come out of this whole situation

Yeah, I'm sure loads of the U-23s will be pissed off at the thought of playing an FA Cup tie at Anfield

Jesus fucking Christ

I think you'll likely find they're absolutely fucking delighted to get the chance to represent Liverpool in a real, match, at Anfield. If I was on the U-23 team, I'd counting the seconds.

The league first. Whether we get any thing else does not matter this season. Kloop must keep his words to play all the kids and let Clichley be the coach for the day. But I think he should just turn up and watch. This I hope will motivate them to perform better for the gaffer.

Last edited:
I wouldn't normally be arsed to read that link but I'm waiting for a meeting. In it Jordan says that Klopp was poached by Liverpool from Dortmund, and he's move on again if someone bigger came along. Does he not know that Klopp was out of work for ages and had been courted by Manure? Fucking thick fucks on that station.

I wouldn't normally be arsed to read that link but I'm waiting for a meeting. In it Jordan says that Klopp was poached by Liverpool from Dortmund, and he's move on again if someone bigger came along. Does he not know that Klopp was out of work for ages and had been courted by Manure? Fucking thick fucks on that station.
The ignorance by Simon Jordan, hidden in lofty phrases, is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom