• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Leicester City top of table- WTF!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they've won again. They're top because they have shit hot strikers
They've got one shit hot striker. And even then he's not very good. He's just in tremendous form and has a magician like mahrez behind him.

What's impressive is they are doing it with half a team of 'journeymen' standard. Huth, Morgan, Simpson, Fuchs, Ulloa. Amazing.

CWNWUxQWIAE1K-p.jpg:large

So .. will they finish in the Top 4 ?

I watched part of the second half - and from what I saw they (Leicester) looked fearless, in attack, and determined when they defended. They have every chance to finish in the top 4 if they continue to play like the way they did tonight against the big teams.

I watched part of the second half - and from what I saw they (Leicester) looked fearless, in attack, and determined when they defended. They have every chance to finish in the top 4 if they continue to play like the way they did tonight against the big teams.
I'm confident Leicester City will not finish in the top 4.

I'm confident Leicester City will not finish in the top 4.

97% is a VERY high %. The odds are not in your favour. I would think at our current position we would be at a 20-30% or less chances of getting top 4.

Arsenal and Man C will definitely be in there. I do not think Leicester will drop out. So that's 1 spot left between us, man u, spurs and outsider palace.

We are definitely in for a dog fight. Time to pile up the points really.

What's impressive is they are doing it with half a team of 'journeymen' standard. Huth, Morgan, Simpson, Fuchs, Ulloa. Amazing.

They're not even playing that Ilner, who was one of their big summer purchases.

If we cannot do it, I hope they win the league.

97% is a VERY high %. The odds are not in your favour. I would think at our current position we would be at a 20-30% or less chances of getting top 4.

Arsenal and Man C will definitely be in there. I do not think Leicester will drop out. So that's 1 spot left between us, man u, spurs and outsider palace.

We are definitely in for a dog fight. Time to pile up the points really.
Moron has given them the vote of confidence that is why I think their performance will take a dip.

Last edited:
22 games to go. Anything can happen even if 97% of other teams in that position have done it before them.
Only team I can remember that were in a similar position is Ipswich, and they didnt make it. They werent league leaders mind but were up around the top 4 until the end.
Leicester have a very small squad and an injury to Mahrez would set them back quite a lot attacking wise.

I think they'll lose to Everton next weekend. Then they play us and we have to win that game, and then its Man City at home.
If they go past those three games unbeaten then who knows where this could end up.
I think that bubble might burst soon enough though. Chelsea could have gotten something out of the game yesterday if they werent so shite infront of goal.

Boxing Day will be fun when this lot do us 3-1. On the counter attack obvs.
You joke, but this game is perfectly set up for us to get done, and done convincingly, hopefully Leicester's performances so far will have our squads attention and will ensure that we go into this game 100%, we have to win this.

You joke, but this game is perfectly set up for us to get done, and done convincingly, hopefully Leicester's performances so far will have our squads attention and will ensure that we go into this game 100%, we have to win this.
I think we'll lose. By like 2/3 goals.

I think we'll lose. By like 2/3 goals.

Heh, thats very pessimistic. We might lose but why would it be with 2/3 goals? Only 3 of their wins so far have been with more than 1 goal.
They've played 4 of the top teams. 1 win, 2 draws and 1 loss. All 4 games have been at home.

I dont think we're favourites but I dont think we'll lose by 2/3 goals either.

I'm not joking mate. Seriously worried they'll do us.

Their best players will be snapped up in January.. And they will become Leicester again.

Bit like Chelsea being Chelsea again atm, but without the Egos

Liverpool after 16 games
2015/16 - 9th, 11 pts behind Leicester
2014/15 - 11th, 18 pts behind chelsea
2013/14 - 2nd, 33 pt, Arsenal 35pts
2012/13 - 10th, 22pts, 17 pts behind United...

Not good enough imo. Need to win lots of games in 2nd half of season just to stay in contention.

We'll beat Leicester. Their style of play will suit us. Will be tough but we have no reason to fear them as long we don't play benteke up front.

I'm pretty sure it was leicester that beat us to end our two year home unbeaten run in the mid-80s

Edit - According to the offal it was 78-81

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/history/records/matches

... and they even brag about it!

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/310113-the-week-in-history-anfield-conquered-630230.aspx

The 60s was just as bad; knocked us out in the semi-final of the cup in 63 and did for us in a home replay in 69 in which Shilton saved a penalty and Sir Roger stormed off in a paddy when he was subbed. They even got relegated that year. More recently didn't Arphexad save a pen against us and Ian Marshall get a winner at Anfield (must be the worst player ever to score a winner at Anfield)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom