• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Leipzig or bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Mark said, he's being treated like a piece of shit.

I mean ok, it's a small sample of games we've seen and Klopp will know enough about him, but you're not telling me that he's a worse option than a midfielder in defense. Henderson is only there because he's going to bark orders, but that's not much good if our right back has wandered miles out of position, Thiago is leaving holes in midfield, Alisson is having episodes and Henderson is preoccupied babysitting a newbie.

Seems a bit daft to me. Phillips should at the very least be there instead of Kabak, until the lad settles in and proves his worth, like Robbo and many before him.

Gettking a donna wrap, chicken donna wrap, and 2 chicken fillet wraps and 2 large chips. Hopefully that inspire the boys to win, as the pizzas have failed on multiple occasions

Don’t forget it’s a 2-legged tie, lads. We don’t necessarily have to win, but the manager has to guard against the risk of a defensive catastrophe, which could happen if you play 2 inexperienced CBs together against a team like Leipzig. Like all of you, I hate seeing Hendo in defense, but for this game and with all the other absences taken into account it was an easy and almost certainly best choice. Klopp will ask for a professional and controlled performance from the team - and hope that our forwards can create at least one goal.

I mean ok, it's a small sample of games we've seen and Klopp will know enough about him, but you're not telling me that he's a worse option than a midfielder in defense. Henderson is only there because he's going to bark orders, but that's not much good if our right back has wandered miles out of position, Thiago is leaving holes in midfield, Alisson is having episodes and Henderson is preoccupied babysitting a newbie.

Seems a bit daft to me. Phillips should at the very least be there instead of Kabak, until the lad settles in and proves his worth, like Robbo and many before him.

Have to agree its getting a bit too much, we should just play fucking defenders at the back and take a hit if we have to. By doing this repeatedly still means we have an uncertain defence with the added issue of not having our best midfield players in ... midfield. The only advantage of this now is that Henderson stays fit and is less injury prone because he has less running to do if he was in midfield.

Don’t forget it’s a 2-legged tie, lads. We don’t necessarily have to win, but the manager has to guard against the risk of a defensive catastrophe, which could happen if you play 2 inexperienced CBs together against a team like Leipzig. Like all of you, I hate seeing Hendo in defense, but for this game and with all the other absences taken into account it was an easy and almost certainly best choice. Klopp will ask for a professional and controlled performance from the team - and hope that our forwards can create at least one goal.
Thats the thing... they are not inexperienced defenders. How much baby sitting do they need

Don’t forget it’s a 2-legged tie, lads. We don’t necessarily have to win, but the manager has to guard against the risk of a defensive catastrophe, which could happen if you play 2 inexperienced CBs together against a team like Leipzig. Like all of you, I hate seeing Hendo in defense, but for this game and with all the other absences taken into account it was an easy and almost certainly correct choice. Klopp will ask for a professional and controlled performance from the team - and hope that our forwards can create at least one goal.
I've got to disagree 100%.. pretty much in relation to what's already been said

No point barking orders where everyone else is taking the piss..

Henderson in defence doesn't work.. it been proved time and time again.. We have lost the bite in midfield having him there..

Play Robertson at CB if you really have too, if you want experience.. But please to god.. no more Henderson at CB.. Stick him where the squad needs him most. And that is in midfield...

Leipzig’s lineup:
3-4-3 (most likely)
Gulacsi;
Mukiele, Klostermann, Upamecano
Adams, Haidara, Kampl, Angelino;
Nkunku, Olmo, Sabitzer

Subs: Tschauner, Orban, Konate, Poulsen, Hwang, Sorloth, Samardzic, Kluivert, Halstenberg, Hartmann, Henrichs.

They have such an overabundance of CBs that Konate is on the bench! Klopp will be looking with hungry eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom