• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let's talk about Curtis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see him ever so slowly fulfilling his potential. Early days still in terms of him being a regular starter long term but no denying he’s looking every inch the part.

It's happening!
e3b85c2618b85808c832bb9d8332cf25.jpg

If Grealish can change the way he has over the last 1.5 years, hopefully Jones can as well. He's still slow at times in releasing the ball but as Klopp says, he's improving and I'm glad Klopp's mentioned that trait. The coaching team have obviously been working hard trying to fix that issue.

Yeah, thats really interesting to hear Klopp mention it. From the game yesterday you could see that he's much better in understanding the situations and when to keep it and when to pass quickly. He also worked hard yesterday and won the ball several times after we lost possession.

Very encouraging.

The only lingering doubt for me with Curtis is fitness.

If he can play the remaining games then he’ll have put those to bed.

Big if though.
I think people forget that he cost us nothing except training costs. Since we know what the problem with him is and seem to able to manage that I don’t see what the fuss is. What we can’t and shouldn’t do is neglect that area of the pitch again. It has to be strengthened.

Last edited:
Those pressure and tackles graphs are remarkable, beyond imagination. I guess what will be telling is what that graph would show after Jones has played another half season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom