• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool target Klopp in Turkey..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how our shower or sh*t will be elevated by a man who couldn't get Dortmund to play well for 75% of their games this season.

As for Carlo, he's used to coaching the worlds best not the sh*t we have.

I'm not sure how our shower or sh*t will be elevated by a man who couldn't get Dortmund to play well for 75% of their games this season.

And yet you go on about Mourinho, who's only been managing massive teams for the past decade.

Despite the injuries:
CGEcfyBU0AAqEh8.jpg:large

They won the DFL Super Cup, are in the finals of the DFB Cup, got into last 16 of CL (won the group ahead of Arsenal) and qualified for Europa League despite being in relegation zone during winter break (finished 7th, 2 pts off 6th and 3 pts off 5th).

Table after winter break:
2ndhalf.jpg

@King Binny - if I remember correctly, there was quite a bit of frustration expressed at the state of Dortmund's defense during the season (their keeper & big CBs were there most of the time, as was one of the fullbacks). Was that because of lack of protection of the back line (as we had) or something else?

FSG need balls but not sure there big enough.

I'm sure Dalglish would say otherwise

If it is one thing you can Count on it is King Kenny not speaking out any frustration or negativity towards this club ever. There is still something called dignity and pure class.

Whether Klopp is the right man or not is obviously debatable. I personally think he is. One of the reasons is that before a ball is even kicked next season, he'd rejuvenate the club, add positivity and unite the supporter base, which hasn't happened in years. He just has that way about him - he's thoroughly likeable around Europe, and would do wonders for our profile.

At Dortmund he was famous for his motivation - getting the players to play with passion every game. Our squad isn't actually that bad - it just needs Klopp to come put some fire in them.

FSG - just go get him, FFS. I'll be seriously disillusioned if we do nothing.

Also, if we did sell Sterling, a couple of others and the owners put in 30mil or so, we could end up with around 80 - 90 mil to spend. Who would you rather give that to? Rodgers and his committee cronies or Klopp?

@King Binny - if I remember correctly, there was quite a bit of frustration expressed at the state of Dortmund's defense during the season (their keeper & big CBs were there most of the time, as was one of the fullbacks). Was that because of lack of protection of the back line (as we had) or something else?

I have not watched enough full matches to judge accurately but the The absence of the likes of Şahin, Reus, Mkhitaryan and Lewandowski were definitely felt.

PressingSummary.png

2013PlayerPress2.png
2014PlayerPress.png

- (As of winter break) Dortmund have the most errors leading to goals in the Bundesliga (9)
- 3 of the 5 Bundesliga goals 2014-15 that were scored in the 1st minute of games were conceded b Borussia Dortmund.
- Only Dortmund conceded already 9 goals in the first 5 minutes of the first and second halves of the current Bundesliga season.

All very well Klopp saying he wouldn't take a sabbatical if we approached him, but what if he actually needs one?

Rafa Honigstein on the Football Weekly podcast was asked about it and texted Klopp's agent to find out more. Honigstein's initial impression was that Klopp was taking the sabbatical because he couldn't get a job he wanted. But the agent replied and said that the sabbatical isn't set in stone and that 'we will see'.

He also said (and this may be bias because he knows Klopp) that Klopp would be a better fit for us, because Ancelotti isn't as good at developing players. One of the reasons that Real Madrid are saying they're binning Carlo is that they want a coach who can consider small details - small tactical changes that can affect games and possibly give them an advantage in bigger ties. Ancelotti is very good at setting his team up to steamroller sides but apparently his coaching isn't particularly thorough - which may be a reason the players like him a lot.

Conjecture, but there you go.

One of the reasons that Real Madrid are saying they're binning Carlo is that they want a coach who can consider small details - small tactical changes that can affect games and possibly give them an advantage in bigger ties. Ancelotti is very good at setting his team up to steamroller sides but apparently his coaching isn't particularly thorough - which may be a reason the players like him a lot.

[article=http://www.marca.com/en/2015/05/27/en/football/real_madrid/1432712691.html]Florentino Pérez was keen not to be too hard on Carlo Ancelotti on announcing his dismissal. He wanted to exhibit the same degree of generosity as the Italian himself and hold off on apportioning blame. That is not to say, however, that the manager is above reproach.

His main crimes: an underprepared team in terms of fitness and tactics and few and ineffective strategic solutions at decisive moments.

The fresh impetus that Florentino Pérez cited in justifying Ancelotti's departure and the almost definite appointment of Rafa Benítez as his replacement come in answer to the club's desire to have a more methodical, modern coaching team with more progressive ideas on tactical matters and physical preparation. A working group that will provide a qualitative leap in aspects that, under Ancelotti, were seen to have been neglected.

The current Napoli coach is the club's ticket to a less artistic and more studied Real. Ancelotti's notebook makes way for a Benitez who likes to surround himself with data and cutting-edge technological tools.

Benitez's management style has always been described as analytical, going over videos of past games with a fine toothcomb. A coach, in short, who always looks to the details - a methodical, almost scientific strategist.

He is a manager whose rotation systems are almost an art form. A keen chess player, he likes to weigh up his options, take the opposition by surprise and use tactics to go for the jugular.[/article]

[article=http://www.marca.com/en/2015/05/27/en/football/real_madrid/1432712691.html]Florentino Pérez was keen not to be too hard on Carlo Ancelotti on announcing his dismissal. He wanted to exhibit the same degree of generosity as the Italian himself and hold off on apportioning blame. That is not to say, however, that the manager is above reproach.

His main crimes: an underprepared team in terms of fitness and tactics and few and ineffective strategic solutions at decisive moments.

The fresh impetus that Florentino Pérez cited in justifying Ancelotti's departure and the almost definite appointment of Rafa Benítez as his replacement come in answer to the club's desire to have a more methodical, modern coaching team with more progressive ideas on tactical matters and physical preparation. A working group that will provide a qualitative leap in aspects that, under Ancelotti, were seen to have been neglected.

The current Napoli coach is the club's ticket to a less artistic and more studied Real. Ancelotti's notebook makes way for a Benitez who likes to surround himself with data and cutting-edge technological tools.

Benitez's management style has always been described as analytical, going over videos of past games with a fine toothcomb. A coach, in short, who always looks to the details - a methodical, almost scientific strategist.

He is a manager whose rotation systems are almost an art form. A keen chess player, he likes to weigh up his options, take the opposition by surprise and use tactics to go for the jugular.[/article]

Cheers Binny. I'm not sure whether this is spin or genuine criticism, and whether Honigstein was just reiterating it as a means of bigging up Klopp.

Ancelotti has the highest win rate in the entire history of Real Madrid appaz and this without actual Franco support these days. They are bonkers.

Edit: looks like 2nd highest going from wiki. Pellegrini was slightly higher and he got sacked after a season.

Ancelotti has the highest win rate in the entire history of Real Madrid appaz and this without actual Franco support these days. They are bonkers.

Edit: looks like 2nd highest going from wiki. Pellegrini was slightly higher and he got sacked after a season.

The 22 games winning streak certainly played a part too.

[article]Real Madrid 5 - 1 Basel
Deportivo 2 - 8 Real Madrid
Real Madrid 5 - 1 Elche
Villarreal 0 - 2 Real Madrid
Ludogorets 1 - 2 Real Madrid
Real Madrid 5 - 0 Athletic Club
Levante 0 - 5 Real Madrid
Liverpool 0 - 3 Real Madrid
Real Madrid 3 - 1 Barcelona
Cornellà 1 - 4 Real Madrid
Granada 0 - 4 Real Madrid
Real Madrid 1 - 0 Liverpool
Real Madrid 5 - 1 Rayo Vallecano
Eibar 0 - 4 Real Madrid
Basel 0 - 1 Real Madrid
Málaga 1 - 2 Real Madrid
Real Madrid 5 - 0 Cornellà
Real Madrid 3 - 0 Celta de Vigo
Real Madrid 4 - 0 Ludogorets
Almería 1 - 4 Real Madrid
Cruz Azul 0 - 4 Real Madrid
Real Madrid 2 - 0 San Lorenzo[/article]

A complete bell end like Florentino Perez criticising a 3 time European cup winning manager as not having enough detailed knowledge of tactics, jesus this sport is fucked beyond all belief

Quotes from Klopp in the Bild apparently:
I am not tired. I may look tired but I am not. I am 0.0% tired. I haven’t had any contact with any other clubs but am not planning a sabbatical, though it could of course be that I have to take one, or whatever a free half-year is called, I don’t know.

They bought a new keeper recently too.

I'm refusing to get my hopes up. In my mind rodgers is here next season and it will be the same old shit. Don't think i could handle thinking we're going to get klopp and then we don't.

This season seems to be the exception for Klopp (and they were plagued by injuries), while last season was the exception for Rodgers.

All very well Klopp saying he wouldn't take a sabbatical if we approached him, but what if he actually needs one?

A change is as good as a rest JJ.

He does look tired like he needs a rest
1) If he does come will he be hamperd by that ludicrous Commshittie
2) will or should he get a DOF
3) most important will he be given three to six months of ablolutely no pressure. in which to recuperate from 7) years of high tension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom