• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Wolverhampton Wanderers Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no real answer why we didn't win the league. We lost if because of one moment of brilliance from Sane. We finished 1 point behind the most expensively assembled team in the world with one of the greatest managers the game has seen. It could have gone either way. This isn't 'typical Liverpool'. What we have done this year is fucking remarkable and should be applauded. Imagine the hours Klopp puts in to ensure we win every single week and being happiness to the fan base. This seasons performance demand respect and we'll go again next season. We're favorites for the biggest and best competition in the game. Bring it on.

There's no real answer why we didn't win the league. We lost if because of one moment of brilliance from Sane. We finished 1 point behind the most expensively assembled team in the world with one of the greatest managers the game has seen. It could have gone either way. This isn't 'typical Liverpool'. What we have done this year is fucking remarkable and should be applauded. Imagine the hours Klopp puts in to ensure we win every single week and being happiness to the fan base. This seasons performance demand respect and we'll go again next season. We're favorites for the biggest and best competition in the game. Bring it on.

We lost it simply because City took 54/57 pts in the second half of the season.

Madness after 44/57 for the first half.

They were relentless. That Brighton goal was the first time they fell behind in a game in months. You just can’t complain when a team does that.

We have to, have to beat Spurs

I don't know what more we could do to win the league. That's the problem. We've been nigh on perfect and it got us second.
In addition to strengthening our squad again this Summer (no-one of any import will be leaving, how much stronger could City be), and maybe that will make a differnce come Top 6 games in which we weren't at our best this season. Maybe VAR would have been the difference this season as someone above said. We would have gained 4 or was it 5 points if VAR had been in use, City would have lost 1 point over the course of the season. Lots of room to squeeze past City, whereas some are thinking it's impossible. I'm sure Klopp doesn't feel that and he'll make sure the players don't either.

Yep. I agree. Ive always like Hal on here but its tough to read some of his posts.
On a personal note, I always find it difficult to decompress a difficult day or result when we have our own fans waiting by their keyboards to tell us its 'our own fault for believing' or this is what we get for accepting a draw 14 games ago. Ffs. Be nice to win the league for ourselves and our team. Never presumed we'd have to try win it so we could ram it down our own fan's throats. Same team eh lads.

Absolutely spot on. I literally avoided this forum at the weekend for that same reason and log in this morning to see lo and behold the doom-monger 'i'm not going to tell you i told you so, but...' brigade out in force. Jesus christ.

Liverpool 2 Wolves 0: The Match Ratings

by Ben Johnson | May 12, 2019 | 7 comments

I MEAN, you can all fuck off if you think I’m in any mental state to rate these lads out of 10 after that.
Ninety-seven points and haven’t won the league. Fuck me. Brief these because, you know what, I haven’t fucking got it in me.
Alisson: 10
Best keeper in the league, best keeper I’ve ever seen in the flesh. Can’t be bettered. Won the golden glove. Would like it to come with a golden gun, so he could shoot Guardiola right in the cardigan.
Trent: 9
Set up another two today, I think. Glorious footballer.
Big Joel: 8
Really good again, wasn’t he? Most improved player this year, as in he’s gone from shite to really, really good. Deserves to play the final.
Virgil: 8
Lost some headers today for the first time since he signed for The Reds. Premier League Player of the Season and didn’t win the league despite only conceding six goals or some shit. Fucking horrible, this.
Robbo: 8
Had half a leg there on Tuesday, played like a spring chicken today. Feels so auld arse that these boys haven’t won the league.
Henderson: 8
Clearly goosed from the other day, but didn’t stop running, grafting, trying to will The Reds over the line. Would quite liked him to have fucked our match off, gone Walkabout, and popped up in Brighton with a knife in his mouth and mud wiped on his grid, and Guardiola in his sights. Fucking Bear Grylls style. Beat that, you baldy cunt.
Fabinho: 8
Is the best defensive midfielder The Reds have had in years, lad. Deserved a league.
Gini: 7
Was great again, wasn’t he? I don’t know what to say anymore.
Big Div: 7
Was boss Div there, wasn’t he? Looked like he was confident in himself again. Pinging balls all over the gaff. Unlucky not to score.
Sadio: 9
Bangs two for a laugh. Great headers. Drifting in off the wing, planting goals for a laugh. Golden boot winner. Didn’t win the league. Fuck me.
Mo Salah: 8
My favourite bit was when the referee didn’t give a foul because he got in the way when Salah got strangled for a bit. His daughter scored a couple of belters there, which was sound.
SUBS
Some lads came on and The Reds still didn’t win the league.
City:
Fair play, win 14 games on the trot you deserve it. That said, I’d like them to fold next year. Guardiola to fuck it off, go and work on an organic farm, growing pears.
With his big bald head, and scruffy cardigan.

Pep warned Liverpool after their league win ... "We're going to improve! We'll spend 5 billion in the summer to show how great we really are."

True but they don't have a good back up for Aguero, Kompany, David Silva or Fernandihno yet, who are all getting on a bit.

Jesus, Stones, Bernardo Silva, Gundogen all started the season as squad players... Agreed they will be tough players to replace but that isn't exactly a poor set of replacements.

Pep warned Liverpool after their league win ... "We're going to improve! We'll spend 5 billion in the summer to show how great we really are."
What Pep really thinks

[article]This is too much of a challenge for me and I don’t like it one bit. I like the league to be won in early April. So I’m off to challenge myself in Italy looking after the Old Lady.[/article]

What Pep really thinks

[article]This is too much of a challenge for me and I don’t like it one bit. I like the league to be won in early April. So I’m off to challenge myself in Italy looking after the Old Lady.[/article]

What a challenge! Him and Ronaldo ... role models for me.
It's why I'm starting kindergarten again - going to get 100 in all my tests this time.

Absolutely spot on. I literally avoided this forum at the weekend for that same reason and log in this morning to see lo and behold the doom-monger 'i'm not going to tell you i told you so, but...' brigade out in force. Jesus christ.

Nobody has said I told you so, so piss off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom