• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Wolverhampton Wanderers Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see how he does with an aging team. It's not always about buying new players that may or may not fit in. Maybe just enough space for us to sneak through.

Fingers crossed but I also cannot see us getting anywhere near this points total again.

Fingers crossed but I also cannot see us getting anywhere near this points total again.
Did you see us getting anywhere near this points total this season ? And don't forget we didn't have as good a record against the Top 6 this season as last - room for improvement even if we slip up elsewhere.

Thank fuck for the champions league. I actually don't feel anything about city watching them celebrate which is strange, its probably because we all know secretly they want to be playing on the first of June and they aren't.

Klopp is all fucking smiles & hugs here, the players look a bit down, as you'd expect, but he's doing a great job cheering them up.

Did they? Genuine question. I didn't watch them.

I know we did, though, and I can't see Lloris and Pickford throwing last minute winners in for us again next season.
Or Stones preventing a goal (3 point turnaround right there) by about the same ?

I don't feel as down as I probably should. Likely it's because we all thought deep down from a few matches ago that City were going to win them all, even though hope lived on. And of course because I'm looking forward to lifting the CL, we are a much better team than Spurs and I just can't see us not winning. I'm already dreaming of watching Klopp and VvD holding it aloft.

I don't feel as down as I probably should. Likely it's because we all thought deep down from a few matches ago that City were going to win them all, even though hope lived on. And of course because I'm looking forward to lifting the CL, we are a much better team than Spurs and I just can't see us not winning. I'm already dreaming of watching Klopp and VvD holding it aloft.

Ah you've only gone and done it to yourself

That wasn't the question though. It was could you see him doing it again ?

Possibly. It's certainly more likely than two first choice international keepers lobbing them into their own nets in the last minute for us to win.

It wasn't over the line. That wasn't luck. It was great defending.

Calamitous errors leading to last minute winners is a bit lucky.

Not when it happens more than once. That shows we're in there pitching right to the end, and good enough to take those opportunities when they do arise.

Not when it happens more than once. That shows we're in there pitching right to the end, and good enough to take those opportunities when they do arise.

They were two completely unforced errors.

It wasn't like the usual last minute winners that come about from relentless pressure (we do that, too, but that's due to good play, hence why I haven't included them). These were last minute freaks from two highly rated keepers out of nowhere.

It's been great while it's lasted.

We've had some luck along the way of course but we've also had bad luck too. Kompany and Maguire should have been sent off in those games we dropped points for instance.

We haven't been especially lucky, just incredibly good.

Liverpool "tried everything" to win the Premier League title but finishing second to Manchester City was "only the first step", says manager Jurgen Klopp.

“We wanted to write our own history and we did. The team made so many big steps in the last year.”

ec73c1ae-13a6-4f20-8c1a-9e2f31967a38.jpg

Simon Stone

BBC Sport at Anfield

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is talking to the media.

He thought Sadio Mane and Mo Salah had shared the Golden Boot, only to be told Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang had finished on 22 goals as well.

"Auba too? Do they have three boots? It is good. They are all my players."

Klopp signed Aubameyang for Borussia Dortmund in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom