• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Wolverhampton Wanderers Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hardest thing for me to take is this would be meant so much to liverpool fans, yet City's celebrations will be tame... I think they thought everyone in the country 'wanted' them to win the league...but the the reason is because nobody really cares about them. Respect? Yes. Care? No, not really. Just a bunch of professionals doing exceptional work for record breaking pay checks from Saudi Arabia. Nobody can even be bothered to hate them.

Fuck even their own fans..the open top bus will have about 500 people turn up, most feeling slightly underwhelmed. The older generation wondering why, deep down, they preferred it in division 2.

They were two completely unforced errors.

It wasn't like the usual last minute winners that come about from relentless pressure (we do that, too, but that's due to good play, hence why I haven't included them). These were last minute freaks from two highly rated keepers out of nowhere.
I love you to bits Hal. But can you knock it on the fucking head?

It wasn't over the line. That wasn't luck. It was great defending.

Calamitous errors leading to last minute winners is a bit lucky.
You quoted Lloris & Pickford as good luck - they were both over the line too.

You see our good luck as something to worry about, but their good luck as something to laud

They were two completely unforced errors.

It wasn't like the usual last minute winners that come about from relentless pressure (we do that, too, but that's due to good play, hence why I haven't included them). These were last minute freaks from two highly rated keepers out of nowhere.
Seriously?

I get why you were predicting a City win. as somehow it might make the pain less for you when it happened, but why do you now try & put us down at every possible opportunity?
What about the Leicester player who should have been sent off when he hacked Mane down?
What about two clear penalties when Keita was hacked down?
What about Kompany cleaning out Salah ?

I'm not complaining about any of them, but to claim we had all the luck & City had none is fucking revisionist bollocks.

Feel happy that you went through the second half of the season resigned to the fact we wouldn't win, but don't jump on the bandwagon of claiming we had luck on our side.

Answer me this - what would make you happy? From your posts it seems it would be Liverpool finishing solid mid table every season

I haven't said we had all the luck and City had none. I specifically said I haven't watched much of City this season so I don't know if they've been lucky. You told me they had, so fair enough.

As for putting our team down? No chance. They're amazing and I honestly can't think on how we can possibly improve. That's the problem though, because we're competing against a club that can spend billions at the drop of a hat and already has two teams that could win the league.

We've been phenomenal this season, but had to play out of our skin and ride a bit of luck and we still didn't win.

City will go out and improve, they'll add even more to their squad to consolidate. I don't know what more we could do to win the league. That's the problem. We've been nigh on perfect and it got us second.

We can go better by adding 3 players and improving our bench. Hopefully Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain can bring more too. We can improve by a small margin and win it.

And us finishing midtable would make me happy? Honestly it's like talking to a brick wall on here sometimes. I've already said tons of times that us winning the league would be the happiest day of my life, usurping Istanbul which is still ahead of the birth of my child! So nobody should question my desire to see us lift silverware.

All I'm saying - for the trillionth time - is that it's so disheartening to see such an amazing team (see, I gave us a compliment!) Come unfairly up against this financial juggernaut, and I can't logically see any way for us to beat them given their resources. Not until Pep fucks off in a year or two, at least.

We can go better by adding 3 players and improving our bench. Hopefully Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain can bring more too. We can improve by a small margin and win it.

I don't think our bench has let us down at all this season, though. In fact, it's won us a shit load of points.

I don't think our bench has let us down at all this season, though. In fact, it's won us a shit load of points.
That is true.

However, when we were drawing games, the reason was we were missing chances. Good chances. The last few games the front three haven't helped much either, goals mostly came from elsewhere.

Imo that's because the front three haven't had nearly enough rest this season. They might look physically fit most of the time, but mentally I think they've dropped a fee percent through us not having an option to use instead.

Add in the 'what if' of either an in form Keita or the Chamberlain of last season to use as another option, & we'd be stronger, there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind.

All those fucking usual happy clappy suspects who found a silver lining in every point we dropped that threw away our lead. Fucking dickheads.
Ah Mark, fuck off with that shit. Take your anger out on some Mancs or Evertonians but not our own fans. No one knew how the rest of the games would play out.
Seriously like, we lose the league and instead of being proud about our current teams you have a pop at fans. Who gives a fuck what a few 'happy clappers' on here think.

You quoted Lloris & Pickford as good luck - they were both over the line too.

You see our good luck as something to worry about, but their good luck as something to laud
Yep. I agree. Ive always like Hal on here but its tough to read some of his posts.
On a personal note, I always find it difficult to decompress a difficult day or result when we have our own fans waiting by their keyboards to tell us its 'our own fault for believing' or this is what we get for accepting a draw 14 games ago. Ffs. Be nice to win the league for ourselves and our team. Never presumed we'd have to try win it so we could ram it down our own fan's throats. Same team eh lads.

Hal, you didn't get your hopes up so you should have less to gripe about it however you've deflected your anger and resentment onto our fans. Champions league build up and a final will be painful with some of ye fine realists around modo'ing up the forums.

Yep. I agree. Ive always like Hal on here but its tough to read some of his posts.
On a personal note, I always find it difficult to decompress a difficult day or result when we have our own fans waiting by their keyboards to tell us its 'our own fault for believing' or this is what we get for accepting a draw 14 games ago. Ffs. Be nice to win the league for ourselves and our team. Never presumed we'd have to try win it so we could ram it down our own fan's throats. Same team eh lads.

I don't think anyone has done that today

Hal, you didn't get your hopes up so you should have less to gripe about it however you've deflected your anger and resentment onto our fans. Champions league build up and a final will be painful with some of ye fine realists around modo'ing up the forums.

I'm not griping. I haven't had a go at the team. I haven't said we should've done this or that. I've said we've been nigh on perfect.

I'm not griping. I haven't had a go at the team. I haven't said we should've done this or that. I've said we've been nigh on perfect.
I know the league is over and yourself and Mark had to suffer positive fans who only have themselves to blame (raises eyes all the way to heaven here) but any chance you'd give the CL final build up a swerve please? You've already quoted post in this thread at people saying we'll win the CL final. It'll be a long three weeks for you and us man.

All those fucking usual happy clappy suspects who found a silver lining in every point we dropped that threw away our lead. Fucking dickheads.
Sorry Mark, this is bang out of order. We all support our team in different ways, and if your glass is half full, or empty you don't deserve this fucking bullshit. We all love the reds, we're all hurting, and this petty cunt's trick is not welcome.

The hardest thing for me to take is this would be meant so much to liverpool fans, yet City's celebrations will be tame... I think they thought everyone in the country 'wanted' them to win the league...but the the reason is because nobody really cares about them. Respect? Yes. Care? No, not really. Just a bunch of professionals doing exceptional work for record breaking pay checks from Saudi Arabia. Nobody can even be bothered to hate them.

Fuck even their own fans..the open top bus will have about 500 people turn up, most feeling slightly underwhelmed. The older generation wondering why, deep down, they preferred it in division 2.

Fucking spot on, mate....

My bezzie mate is a lifer for City, from way back when they were in Div. 3 or whatever, and although he's loving the glory, he admits to preferring when they were nobodies, but with local players and real fans. He told me last week that he was delighted that today was away for them, 'cos the home support if full of plastic shitebags... The away support are their real fans, and he's always more confident when they're on the road.

A lot of rivals fans are going to be pissed off next year, when we are challenging for the title again.

Apparently, we'll never have luck like we had this year... well, the better you are, the luckier you get.

And I expect us to improve again next year.

We may improve performance wise, can’t see us improving or matching the points total

I play football with a heap of ex pat old City fans. None of them feel like that. They are so deluded it’s unreal.

It's on the Liverpool channel mate.
Thanks for that, managed to see it all, and I loved Klopp's comment in the post match press conference when he found out that Aubamayang was the other one share the golden boot..." .. So, all my players".

Dont worry too much about TAA and his weight based on his fathers belly, TAA seems like one of those that takes great pride in looking after his appearance. So he should remain as he is for a long time.

Can Dreamknobhead tell us his bet next season in advance so we can all share in the glory of his fantastic footballing knowiedge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom