• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Arsenal - Sat 5:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matip had been playing well and it'll be tough to drop him but I want Gomez's pace at CB.

-------------------------- Adrian

TAA ------- Gomez ------------- VvD --------- Robbo

--------------------------- Fabinho

-------------- Hendo ------------------- Gini

Salah ------------------ Firmino ---------------- Mane

Good safe team. I'd like to see Ox / Keita in there but don't see where as we know Klopp will start Hendo and Fabs is a certain starter at DM.

Anfield will be rocking, being a 530 kick off. I can see us destroying their defence.

That said arse could do similar to us, if we give them chances like we did against norwich and saints and the that high line against this lot could be a death wish. I am hoping the weeks rest, will pay dividends for us.

How the fuck can anyone not want to play Ox against his old team?

Look what Mane did last week?

Probably the easiest line up to predict, so far:

Adrian

Trent
Matip
VD
Robbo

Fabs
Hendo
Wijnaldum

Mane
Firmino
Salah

How the fuck can anyone not want to play Ox against his old team?

Look what Mane did last week?
I don't think playing his old team was a factor, Mane came back hungry and is in great shape.
Also whats all this about not playing Hendo? Is it about him missing sitters every game?

Last edited:
I don't think playing his old team was a factor. Mane came back hungry and is in great shape.
Also whats a this about not playing Hendo? Is it about him missing sitters every game?

So now you’re a Hendo fan, @Modo? :)

I don't think playing his old team was a factor, Mane came back hungry and is in great shape.
Also whats all this about not playing Hendo? Is it about him missing sitters every game?

My team has Hendo in!

Mane played well because he's Mane, not because he was playing against Southampton.
Unless this is a massive whoosh, in which case well played.
I’m Manes biggest fan.

But playing a player against his old club with a point to prove is never a bad idea.

Add the fact Arsenal had midfielders running at them it’s a great shout in my mind

Random thought:
If Klopp leaves Liverpool in the near future, I don't want to see Gerrard taking over.
Former Liverpool midfielder and captain, coming back from a successful stint as manager of Rangers...
Nope.

Everyone knows that this Liverpool side is all down to Klopp. There'll be proper trauma in the city when he leaves, and it'll be pretty much impossible for anyone to follow him. It's not just the footy, he's made the team likeable, when a few years ago they all seemed like nobheads.

Get the feeling if Gerrard did well at Rangers and got the job we'd be in for Andy Carroll style transfer windows and players getting done for stabbing each other at Ed Sheeran gigs as we slid to 8th

Everyone knows that this Liverpool side is all down to Klopp. There'll be proper trauma in the city when he leaves, and it'll be pretty much impossible for anyone to follow him. It's not just the footy, he's made the team likeable, when a few years ago they all seemed like nobheads.

Get the feeling if Gerrard did well at Rangers and got the job we'd be in for Andy Carroll style transfer windows and players getting done for stabbing each other at Ed Sheeran gigs as we slid to 8th
I'd take Rafa

Watched both teams games today, they looked better overall, but we looked far better when we were actually on it for short periods.
Their defence is still ropey as fuck. Their front line only needs a tiny sniff of goal to get one, so we need to keep them away from Adrian.
Not sure how close to fitness Keita is, but I'd play a midfield of him, Henderson and Wijnaldum, and then the rest of the team from today.

Our defence is ropy as fuck aswell and there's zero chance of Keita starting.

The midfield is a real conundrum. Nobody has really stood out and they've all had some very average displays so far, so it's hard to even pick out a "best three".

I suppose I'd be tempted to go with Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Henderson to be "safe", but Chamberlain had a decent first half against Southampton, so maybe he could get the nod.

I’m Manes biggest fan.

But playing a player against his old club with a point to prove is never a bad idea.

Add the fact Arsenal had midfielders running at them it’s a great shout in my mind

I'm not sure Ox would have a point to prove. He wasn't bombed out. He left of his own volition and a different manager was in charge then. I think there are valid reasons to play him but I think Arsenal being his old club is way less important than you seem to believe it is.

I'm not sure Ox would have a point to prove. He wasn't bombed out. He left of his own volition and a different manager was in charge then. I think there are valid reasons to play him but I think Arsenal being his old club is way less important than you seem to believe it is.

My last sentence is the most important point hands down. He’ll draw players in and free up 1 or 2 of the front 3.

Ex player is just an added insentive.

Well the only ones that are a bit off are Leno and Willock.
Leno is probably there because Alisson is injured.
Willock? I have no idea.

Well the only ones that are a bit off are Leno and Willock.
Leno is probably there because Alisson is injured.
Willock? I have no idea.

I hope someone prints it and glues it on Fabinho's locker pre-game.

I hope someone prints it and glues it on Fabinho's locker pre-game.

This is what he did about it.

kQqRu6s.png

Could be. Not 100% sure... more like 99,75% or thereabouts. Let me know where you go.

OK I've got your number off the group. I'll see where I'm up to.

Going to Bongo's bingo on Friday night so I might be rough as fuck and cant stomach a pint Saturday. Should be around the ground for 4pm though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom