• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let’s fell the Forrest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jota is being the exact kind of striker I hate but love when it works. Shite for 89 minutes, scores a goal. The braces have been taken well but in no world has he played well in those games
Well - 4 goals in two games. 6 points in the bag. Shite right? What do want him to do? Score a worldly? Maybe 3 worldly’s? Meg the defender and dink it over the keeper and do a boss celebration? Like a breakdance thing (the ‘Robot’ has been done) maybe swan dive into the goal and finish it of with ‘crazy legs’ and maybe the ‘turtle’? Maybe then you’d think he played well…

Well - 4 goals in two games. 6 points in the bag. Shite right? What do want him to do? Score a worldly? Maybe 3 worldly’s? Meg the defender and dink it over the keeper and do a boss celebration? Like a breakdance thing (the ‘Robot’ has been done) maybe swan dive into the goal and finish it of with ‘crazy legs’ and maybe the ‘turtle’? Maybe then you’d think he played well…

Make a couple of successful passes would be a start.

If we just want a striker who scores goals and fucks up everything else, that's fine. Although. He hadn't scored a pl goal for us in a calendar year before that

Make a couple of successful passes would be a start.

If we just want a striker who scores goals and fucks up everything else, that's fine. Although. He hadn't scored a pl goal for us in a calendar year before that

Mane last year and Mo this year have largely been the same. I mean, hard to argue with results. But watching them play is sometimes painful.

What do you mean 'burn'? Your post seemed like a soundbite. I was merely recognising it that's all. I've edited it for you so we're clear.

Yeah thought Jota was very good this game, he's a player who needs game after games despite how he's doing so would start him again next game and possibely ahead of Gakpo if Klopp is keen to give Nunez more game time.

Last edited:
I feel like that's not the burn you think it is.
In fairness it’s the hardest thing in football to do.

A clearer statement might be a player can score goals and still be shite in the other parts of the game.

Jota even playing poorly adds a dimension imo.
He’s also had zero confidence after a huge lay off.

I also think once you start having more than one goal contribution in a game by way of goals and assists you are automatically in the positive column.

4 goals and and an assist is superb for any player.

Their plan of having a stronger forward than our cbs worked. The amount of passing doesn't matter, as evidenced by Mourinho winning loads of trophies in a career that has bored the tits off everyone not brought up in Italy in the 90s.

In fairness it’s the hardest thing in football to do.

A clearer statement might be a player can score goals and still be shite in the other parts of the game.

Jota even playing poorly adds a dimension imo.
He’s also had zero confidence after a huge lay off.

I also think once you start having more than one goal contribution in a game by way of goals and assists you are automatically in the positive column.

4 goals and and an assist is superb for any player.

Hard to disagree with this but he was so awful in the first half that many wanted to see him subbed off.

Now that he's rounding into goalscoring form, there's reason to keep him on even when he looks like he's got the touch of Purple Aki. He's earned that. But it wasn't looking good in either match until he started banging them in.

Hard to disagree with this but he was so awful in the first half that many wanted to see him subbed off.

Now that he's rounding into goalscoring form, there's reason to keep him on even when he looks like he's got the touch of Purple Aki. He's earned that. But it wasn't looking good in either match until he started banging them in.
Agree but that’s why you keep those players on.
Owen was largely invisible in the Fa Cup Final in 2001 until the last 5 mins.

Agree but that’s why you keep those players on.
Owen was largely invisible in the Fa Cup Final in 2001 until the last 5 mins.

That's why I qualified what I said at the end. 4 goals in 2 games Jota or peak Michael Owen deserve to be left on. Jota who hasn't scored in a year doesn't. Now that he's on form, we can keep faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom