• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Bournemouth Sat 12:30pm (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Big big game.

Straight forward win and panic is averted, lose and this place will go into meltdown.

Luckily this is literally the best game we could have to turn around the rut.

Becker
TAA
Gomez
Virgil
Robbo
Gini
Milner
Jones
Salah
Mane
Firmino

Unleash the Jones!

Jones won't play. It might be a possibility if we were on a good streak, but he won't be thrown in for a game where we really need to get back on track. Replace him with Ox there and that's what I would go with. I'd agree that Bournemouth at home is the perfect game to have coming up. Would be nice to have 3 points wrapped up early Saturday before cheering on the Red Mancs Sunday.

Jones won't play. It might be a possibility if we were on a good streak, but he won't be thrown in for a game where we really need to get back on track. Replace him with Ox there and that's what I would go with. I'd agree that Bournemouth at home is the perfect game to have coming up. Would be nice to have 3 points wrapped up early Saturday before cheering on the Red Mancs Sunday.

Yeah, also it's not like Jones was anything special last night, to justify a sudden elevation to starting this game.
He was less shit than Lallana, and less shit than the execrable Fabinho, but that's hardly a ringing endorsement.

I'd start Milner and Chamberlain, deffo.

Jones? Certainly not the right game for him.

Hopefully Hendo is back. If not:

Alisson
TAA Gomez Virgil Robbo
Gini Fabinho Ox
Salah Firmino Mane

I'd start that Spanish fella Chiverella.

He has looked decent everytime he has played..

I suspect though Klopp is trying to play Fabs into form

Milliner needs to start I think.. need a leader in midfield..

Last edited:
I think Jones might start. He'd have left him on otherwise imo.

Milner Gini and Jones in midfield. Save Fabinho for after we win a couple games.

Unpopular match day line-up this might be but i feel we need to stick with Fabinho, he was fine up until the injury and was just about 1st on the team sheet every week.

Alisson
Trent
Gomez
VVD
Robbo
Gini
OX (Keita if fit)
Fabinho
Salah
Mane
Firmino

We need go at Bournemouth from the start. The team needs not only a win but a good preformance which is something we haven't seen this side of Xmas. The last good team preformance i remember was the Leicester game.
This slump needs to stopped now

I’d drop Fabinho like a stone, he doesn’t even look fit. Sure he needs match fitness, play himself into fitness and so on but imo other teams have come back from this winter break looking refreshed and we clearly don’t, having a defensive midfielder that Ross Barkley can cruise past isn’t going to help.

Probably depends a lot on who’s available though

Big big game.

Straight forward win and panic is averted, lose and this place will go into meltdown.

Luckily this is literally the best game we could have to turn around the rut.

Becker
TAA
Gomez
Virgil
Robbo
Gini
Milner
Jones
Salah
Mane
Firmino

Unleash the Jones!
Wasn't Jones the one who cost us the 2nd goal yesterday? Why should he start?

He did play quite well last time against them, IIRC

I would say that is about his level, but that wouldn't explain why he was so shit against West Ham.

I know he's your new target - which is fine.
I think there's a player there, and until he shows that or is sold, I'll maintain he can add something to our midfield that we are lacking regardless of who goes out there.

I think it was just over confidence, he was doing pretty well before that. Hopefully lesson learnt.

Nah, Williams mistake almost made 3-0.
Jones tried a fancy turn and lost the ball. Barkley somehow got it and scored.

I thought Williams could’ve taken Barkley out once Fabinho decided to runaway.

We shouldn't risk Fabinho in this one. He looks awful and we need a result.

I'd feel much more comfortable with Milner starting.

23-0 win.

I see why you're confident there, @momoWASboss (just don't jinx it :p)
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...ailing-jordan-henderson-absence-a4377701.html
[article]If Klopp could have handpicked his side’s next fixture, Bournemouth at Anfield would certainly be near the top of the list.

Liverpool have won their last five meetings with the Cherries by an aggregate scoreline of 17-0
and will be confident of extending their good run on Saturday.

A comfortable win is exactly the tonic these players need after the most testing period of their season thus far, and would bring an end to the franky ludicrous suggestions that this recent wobble threatens their hopes of Premier League glory.

You wouldn’t want to be Eddie Howe and co as they prepare to travel to Merseyside this weekend.[/article]

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...ailing-jordan-henderson-absence-a4377701.html
[article]If Klopp could have handpicked his side’s next fixture, Bournemouth at Anfield would certainly be near the top of the list.

Liverpool have won their last five meetings with the Cherries by an aggregate scoreline of 17-0

A comfortable win is exactly the tonic these players need after the most testing period of their season thus far, and would bring an end to the franky ludicrous suggestions that this recent wobble threatens their hopes of Premier League glory.

You wouldn’t want to be Eddie Howe and co as they prepare to travel to Merseyside this weekend.[/article]

Their joint top scorer can’t even play this weekend.

I see no issue with Jones playing. Bit of ingenuity from midfield will do us good.

Not like anyone else is massively in form

Aw fuck. We're doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom