• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Everton MATCH THREAD (Sunday May 5th, KO 1.30pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Ronnie Moran play his last game for Liverpool. It was the home leg of the European Cup semi-final against Inter Milan in 1965. Our regular left-back Gerry Byrne wasn't available because he had broken his collarbone in the FA Cup Final, so Ronnie was brought in to the team to mark Jairzinho. As soon as the ref had blown his whistle to start the game, Jair pissed past Ronnie as if he wasn't there. Thanks to Ronnie's guile and experience, however, that was pretty well the last we saw of Jair - he was soon in Ronnie's back pocket.

Brian Hall used to train with the reserves under the supervision of Ronnie Moran. He told me that on one occasion he played a through ball for Ronnie to run on to. Ronnie stood in disgust and watched the ball run out of play. He went over to Brian and said "Listen Son, when you are playing in the reserves, you pass the ball TO the man and not ahead of him!"

Apperantly Gerrard could be out due to a hamstring injury.
Really need him for this game.

I'm dreading set pieces and free kicks today with Fellaini, Distin and Anichebe being all over our weak in the air defence.

Seems like Borini is out too.
Time for Suso or Shelvey to shine. Suso preferably...

Coates would add height but not anything towards winning the actual header.

Gerrard with a late fitness test.
I'm guessing it will be Shelvey in if he's out

BIyYI10CYAIXuuC.jpg:large

suso30fernandez suso30fernandezNew hair cut of Coutinho. Oh my god... Ugly boy!! pic.twitter.com/PVPgfGltO5

I'm just winding you up, only Gerrard and maybe Borini are out.
That's what I read on RAWK.

Confirmed lfc team: Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Coutinho, Downing, Sturridge

Just read that since the last time everton won at anfield in the league we've won every trophy apart from the league..
shove that in ya pipe n smoke it everton fans..

Everton Team

Howard, Baines, Gibson, Jagielka, Mirallas, Distin, Osman, Pienaar, Coleman, Fellaini, Anichebe
Subs: Mucha, Hibbert, Jelavic, Oviedo, Naismith, Duffy.

Moyes will set them up for a draw, so it's up to us to break them down. If we don't score in the first 45, it'll be a fucking snorefest.

Expect zero pace between the lines for Coutinho, Gerrard and Sturridge to drop into. Really need the full-backs and Downing to stretch them wide quickly to open up some space.

I'd personally allow them to play, as attacking them on the counterattack would be our best route to getting a goal today. But then I'm not a manager.

Looking forward to seeing Mirallas play, good player.

We'll either win 3-0 or it'll be zip zip. And SCM will implode in rage.

Good times.

Come on the pool! Need a big game from Stur crazy today.

Yep.

I think Ryan is right when it comes to the first half, I think we need score at the earliest opportunity to take a little pressure of ourselves then kick on when they get stretched pushing forward for an equaliser.

Some worryingly effective pressing the defence from Everton, they're clearly gonna force us into those annoyingly vulnerable passing triangles in front of our own sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom