• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool Vs Hoffenheim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Oncy - has a very good point regarding Salah -

1) Yes he is getting in those positions to score - and he is scoring
2) Not very good at all when closed down - seems to be a bit rushed when ball at feet - you feel he is going to lose it very quickly.
3) The near £40M - we spent on him - kinda makes me feel - bit over the top even in this inflated market. Are we just paying that extra for someone who can smell the goal and get in good positions and is a bit fast without the ball ? - seems a bit steep.

We've had a good start to the season but in order for us to keep playing at a high standard we really need to adress the midfield and especially the defence.
We just have get another CB and a CM in.
I mean we did some rotating for the Palace game and managed a hard fought victory but it's imperative that we also inject some more quality into the squad. Players like Mané, Matip, Henderson and Firmino etc can't play in every game.
Let's say we start Salah, Coutinho, Mane and Firmino, who's the wing sub?
So I guess a Draxler wouldn't hurt either.
CB, CM, Attacker get it done...
Priority should be 2 CBs, 1 LB, CM. If any cash left over then a goalkeeper and then draxler. Draxler really isn't a priority compare to other positions on the pitch

Priority should be 2 CBs, 1 LB, CM. If any cash left over then a goalkeeper and then draxler. Draxler really isn't a priority compare to other positions on the pitch
I really want to give Robertson a chance. We also have TAA now, we could possibly move Clyne to left back if needed. Fullback is therefore not a priority for me.
2 CB's? You really don't rate Matip do you?

2) Not very good at all when closed down - seems to be a bit rushed when ball at feet - you feel he is going to lose it very quickly.
3) The near £40M - we spent on him - kinda makes me feel - bit over the top even in this inflated market. Are we just paying that extra for someone who can smell the goal and get in good positions and is a bit fast without the ball ? - seems a bit steep.

I don't see how Salah was anything other than very good business.
He's got a proven record over the last two seasons.
Klopp really wanted him.
He's already delivering.
That transfer fee was a great deal.

Salah has fantastic anticipation to get into great positions. Love seeing him get a jump ahead of defenders to rebounds and through balls.

Bit of a shithouse but that part can be yelled out of him by Klopp.

Think he's been great really.

40m is looking like the steal of the transfer window, not sure what you are smoking.

He's not Mane, but then Mane is worth 80m now.

He not Coutinho but then we have turned down over 100m for him.

He's very very good for 40m in todays market.

Mane is worth a lot more than £80 million.

Once the transfer window closes the boards first job should be to give him a pay rise and tie him down to long contract.

Yeah Frim and Mane were different class last night, and I dunno, sat at the match I had no doubt that Salah had a great game too. If there was ever a game where you could think fuck Coutinho, get the money and buy a defence, last night was it.

Great to watch. Great atmosphere from the first minute. The only thing that fucked me off. It was August the 23rd... book launch for KLF 2023, big weird events in town all based around the number 23. Like literally having 23 rammed down our throats by the discordian cult for 20 hours prior to the match... and I didn't back Can to score first. Fucking stupid.

I really want to give Robertson a chance. We also have TAA now, we could possibly move Clyne to left back if needed. Fullback is therefore not a priority for me.
2 CB's? You really don't rate Matip do you?
No its not that i don't rate Matip, its the fact that he seemed to get injured quite a lot last season. Him and Lovren kept picking up injuries so would be good to have a backup better than Klavan.

We have a lot more attacking options than we do fullback options. Moreno being on the pitch AT ALL means we need to buy a better LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom